nulu needs to go

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
mindysuu

nulu needs to go

Postby mindysuu » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:04 pm

Man nulu just need to go...her acting is horrible and we just need a new Lulu.

ghfanfare

Re: nulu needs to go

Postby ghfanfare » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Apparently there are others who feel as you. Here at soaps there is a thread called Vintage Lante that goes on for 13 pages about it. Guess you better have good self esteem if you're going to act in a soap and esp if you take on the role of a fan favorite.

Personally never having been a fan of the character of Lulu, I actually find this version more bearable. I think the actress has done well with the story and have no problem with the recast.

Gideon58

Postby Gideon58 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Lulu was never one of my favorite characters either, but Julie Marie Berman was phoning it in during her final year on the show. Emme Rylan appears to be fully invested in this role, though I will admit her chemistry with Kirsten Storms is not nearly as strong as the one with Berman.

Mrs. Lansing

Postby Mrs. Lansing » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:30 pm

I think the NuLulu is doing fine too. I was never invested in Dante and Lulu as a couple, so the fact that they have no chemistry as a couple doesn't annoy me as much as some fans. I think just because an actress doesn't have the same chemistry with some characters that the previous actress did does not mean the new actress is not a good actress.

I actually find Dante really unappealing as a character so would love to see them pair Lulu with someone new anyway.

taramartin

Postby taramartin » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:49 pm

It is really hard to be a recast in a major role. Old Lulu elected to leave - unfortunately it was in the middle of a major s/l - this is making the change hard to accept. There is no way I want Lulu and Dante to have Connie/Georgie but I think new Lulu can make this part her own given time and support.

dafyduc

Postby dafyduc » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:00 am

I have never really cared for the character of Lulu and I am really disliking her these days, but it has nothing to do with the portrayer. It is the selfish, hateful way she is being written

ReignOfTerror

Postby ReignOfTerror » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:35 pm

I have to wonder if we do in fact ALL watch a different GH...to say the new lulu CAN'T act but others will say MB CAN? yeah ok.....I don't get it but to each their own.

I never EVER liked Lulu but I think the new lulu is over the top being Lulu. She acts NOTHING like the character is supposed to act and I think that's the problem.

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Quote ReignOfTerror: I have to wonder if we do in fact ALL watch a different GH...to say the new lulu CAN'T act but others will say MB CAN? yeah ok.....I don't get it but to each their own.

I never EVER liked Lulu but I think the new lulu is over the top being Lulu. She acts NOTHING like the character is supposed to act and I think that's the problem.

ITA. I think the new actress can act just fine.... but she's not portraying Lulu anything like the character she was IMO. I was a fan of JMB's Lulu, but I'm hating the new one more and more each day. Fabulous actress..... just different. :~

ReignOfTerror

Postby ReignOfTerror » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:44 pm

Quote JaneDoe:
Quote ReignOfTerror: I have to wonder if we do in fact ALL watch a different GH...to say the new lulu CAN'T act but others will say MB CAN? yeah ok.....I don't get it but to each their own.

ITA. I think the new actress can act just fine.... but she's not portraying Lulu anything like the character she was IMO. I was a fan of JMB's Lulu, but I'm hating the new one more and more each day. Fabulous actress..... just different. :~

I actually like JMB...I just can't stand lulu. This one is nothing like her character and it's hard when they make a character their own when the viewer is expecting THE character and not that actors portrayal of it. Just doesn't work well when they do that and this actress (although she can act) needs to either start acting like lulu or be replaced with an actress who WILL be the character.

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:58 pm

Quote ReignOfTerror:
Quote JaneDoe:

I actually like JMB...I just can't stand lulu. This one is nothing like her character and it's hard when they make a character their own when the viewer is expecting THE character and not that actors portrayal of it. Just doesn't work well when they do that and this actress (although she can act) needs to either start acting like lulu or be replaced with an actress who WILL be the character.

Agreed! 3)

Return to “General Hospital”