Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
mrsmcmoose

Re: Vintage Lante - All things Dante & Lulu

Postby mrsmcmoose » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Quote Something_Special: Just saw an interesting discussion on GH FB page started on Saturday. Thank you Carly Taylor, Caitie Rose and Karen for defending our position of disliking ER's Lulu. Because we don't like her portrayal that doesn't make it "hate" Sadly there are those who just don't understand the difference!

Thank you. And thanks everyone for posting. I truly miss all the fun times we had posting about Lante. I know it has been a difficult time for so many that invested four years in supporting this couple. And I miss my "Lante" sisters to. I hope that another forum could just provide an outlet to share memories and thoughts on Lante - both past and present.

And yes to clarify. No one "hates" ER or any other actor on the show for that matter. We may not agree with the direction of a character or an actor's portrayal of a character, but that does not deem "hate". It is a creative choice and right of a viewer to come to any conclusion they have.

But my issue has been - and continues to be - that ER's interpretation of Lulu has just left me flat. I understand that there is a train of thought that ER's Lulu is a "softer" version more "Laura" than "Luke" and that this is the "grown-up" version of Lante. Whether be intent or not - the end result leaves me feeling empty.

I also understand that it would never be the same but I had really counted on an actress that could carry on the spirit of Julie's "Lulu". That while different - would keep me interested and engaged in the character and in turn the couple.

See in my view, Dante would have never have fallen for a "soft" Lulu. So I just can't wrap my head or heart around this theory. And thus my struggle in all of this. I just really miss the fiery, spunky, feisty "Lulu" that JMB portrayed.

As far as the WDV tweet. I find it very admirable and compassionate of a co-worker to support another co-worker. However - I do wish he had an opportunity to work with Julie and had a stronger connection with the character's history. Perhaps he could appreciate our struggles a bit more.

But anyway welcome..let's hope many feel comfortable enough to join in. And at the very least say "hello" and share a favorite memory.

I wonder what everyone has done with their lime green pom-poms and tu-tus?

JMBDZalwayzLante

Postby JMBDZalwayzLante » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:13 pm

So glad this is here too. I just so miss my lante...what a mess it has become😢

LanteIsJuDo

Postby LanteIsJuDo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Trying to use my new avi. Did it come through?

JMBDZalwayzLante

Postby JMBDZalwayzLante » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:23 pm

No..not yet

Lante4life

Postby Lante4life » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Missing JMB like crazy! To be perfectly honest, I like ER, think she's adorable, but my Lante heart will always be DZ/JMB. I've mastered watching our current Lante while envisioning JMB in the scenes. I know it's sad and probably pathetic, but I love Lante. Period. I just can't give our couple up!

Love that this thread is up! Hope I'm welcome here, even though I'm tolerant of the new Lulu.

LANTE IS LOVE, LANTE IS DESTINY, LANTE IS FOREVER, LANTE IS ENDGAME!

JMBDZalwayzLante

Postby JMBDZalwayzLante » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Quote Lante4life: Missing JMB like crazy! To be perfectly honest, I like ER, think she's adorable, but my Lante heart will always be DZ/JMB. I've mastered watching our current Lante while envisioning JMB in the scenes. I know it's sad and probably pathetic, but I love Lante. Period. I just can't give our couple up!

Love that this thread is up! Hope I'm welcome here, even though I'm tolerant of the new Lulu.

U r def welcome here! 😄

4alarmblaze

Postby 4alarmblaze » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Quote Lante4life: Missing JMB like crazy! To be perfectly honest, I like ER, think she's adorable, but my Lante heart will always be DZ/JMB. I've mastered watching our current Lante while envisioning JMB in the scenes. I know it's sad and probably pathetic, but I love Lante. Period. I just can't give our couple up!

Well Helllllooooo Mr. Remote....Long time no see....

Of course you are welcome here and I'm glad that you are tolerant of the Nulu. I've watched her for 6 months and gave her a chance but for me she just isn't a good fit for Lulu. I wish TPTB put a greater effort into finding a better fit for the character. I have nothing against ER personally I just don't see the sizzle with Dante anymore. I have been enjoying watching Classic GH on SoapNet and am starting to enjoy a few other characters on GH but I am done being a "couple" shipper...Judo's Lante was the only couple I ever shipped....Sadly for me the New Ship has Sunk..

mrsmcmoose

Postby mrsmcmoose » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Of course! I recognize that "remote" ....if it could only talk, right? Funny I envision Julie playing many of the scenes as well. Thanks for 'stopping' in.

sarah23

Postby sarah23 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:08 am

Wow! It's great to see this thread. I too miss JMB terribly! Nulu just isn't cutting it for me. No offense to the actress but I agree with most here, she's just not a good fit for this role. It's nice to see other's with a similar opinion.

Caitie

Postby Caitie » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:04 am

Quote 4alarmblaze:

Well Helllllooooo Mr. Remote....Long time no see....

Of course you are welcome here and I'm glad that you are tolerant of the Nulu. I've watched her for 6 months and gave her a chance but for me she just isn't a good fit for Lulu. I wish TPTB put a greater effort into finding a better fit for the character. I have nothing against ER personally I just don't see the sizzle with Dante anymore. I have been enjoying watching Classic GH on SoapNet and am starting to enjoy a few other characters on GH but I am done being a "couple" shipper...Judo's Lante was the only couple I ever shipped....Sadly for me the New Ship has Sunk..

Good morning - it's great to see both "Mr. Remote" and Blaze!! Makes me very, very happy just to see both of you posting at soaps.com. I've missed you!

Your posts have made me think of a paragraph I wrote in a letter to Dom in March:

“Because there is so much heart and so much capacity to care among this wonderful group of friends we have made, I guess feeling this change so deeply is to be expected. After all, you and Julie … and your very special love story … were what brought us together in the first place. So we are all on a continuum of classic reactions – shock, denial, anger, depression … and working on acceptance. Some will reach this last stage more easily than others and some will struggle for some time to do so. And some will, sadly, never reach that stage.”

I went on to talk about supporting him and being open to changes while at the same time respecting the story and the actors and characters who brought us to this point.

Looking back, I am aware of how prophetic my reference to a “continuum” was because that is how I see our many varied reactions to the change in Lulus. There are many variations (two of which I see here in your posts)… and complete acceptance and total non-acceptance are just the two opposite ends of this wide range of feelings.

But whatever our opinions and feelings, we all started out in the same place and shared many experiences together – some on the ledge and some twirling in our tutus (LOL – trying to remember the color of mine – I think it was a ‘violent violet’ – anyone out there with a list??)

So now, I like the idea of sharing these and other memories. And I like the idea of keeping in touch and sharing thoughts and feelings with friends.

Return to “General Hospital”