The newbie endgame

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
duke417

The newbie endgame

Postby duke417 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:40 am

I've read somewhere, and more than once, that when a head writer and/or exec producer create new characters under their regime that continue after they've left the show that the writer/ producer still collect royalties/stipends.
Has anyone heard of this?

Cartini created Sabrina, Felix and Britt. Perhaps this is why they're featured moreso than the vets.

oltllover

Re: The newbie endgame

Postby oltllover » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:52 am

Quote duke417: I've read somewhere, and more than once, that when a head writer and/or exec producer create new characters under their regime that continue after they've left the show that the writer/ producer still collect royalties/stipends.

Cartini created Sabrina, Felix and Britt. Perhaps this is why they're featured moreso than the vets.

I have never heard that but I have no idea how these things work, however it seems odd to me but if its true then RC and FV are still collecting on most of the OLTL characters as well.

duke417

Re: The newbie endgame

Postby duke417 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:00 am

Quote oltllover:
Quote duke417: I've read somewhere, and more than once, that when a head writer and/or exec producer create new characters under their regime that continue after they've left the show that the writer/ producer still collect royalties/stipends.

I have never heard that but I have no idea how these things work, however it seems odd to me but if its true then RC and FV are still collecting on most of the OLTL characters as well.

They only created Rama, Cutter, Dani and Destiny.

Return to “General Hospital”