Lulu & Dante's baby name

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Rena54

Lulu & Dante's baby name

Postby Rena54 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:55 pm

I was not at all happy with the name they picked. Connie? really? I thought that they would name the baby after Sonny's mom. But when they said Connie? I was like WTH

This name did not make the least bit of sense to me.

oltllover

Re: Lulu & Dante's baby name

Postby oltllover » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:02 pm

Quote Rena54: I was not at all happy with the name they picked. Connie? really? I thought that they would name the baby after Sonny's mom. But when they said Connie? I was like WTH

How could it not make sense. connie just died and they were honoring her memory. Dante never knew Sonny's mom so why would he pick her name.

Bettie Davis

Postby Bettie Davis » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Lulu worked for Connie and they did have a good friendship going, and they wanted to honor her, the same thing would have happened if Maxie had told the truth, she would have named her Georgie, maybe the next baby they have.

Rena54

Postby Rena54 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Yeah, honoring her name? if Connie did not want Sonny back he would have slept with Olivia, yeah that is honoring her name I just thought they could have picked something more original.

Connie & Sonny s/l was drug out too long and the name just kind of felt short for me.

KillerQueen

Postby KillerQueen » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Quote oltllover:
Quote Rena54: I was not at all happy with the name they picked. Connie? really? I thought that they would name the baby after Sonny's mom. But when they said Connie? I was like WTH

How could it not make sense. connie just died and they were honoring her memory. Dante never knew Sonny's mom so why would he pick her name.

Vary true plus Kristina s middle name is after Sonny s dead mom and her first name is after her dead aunt, Alexis s sister. I find nothing odd about naming a child after a dead realitive or friend. Vary common in some families

Pazajammy

Postby Pazajammy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Id don't like it either. The way everyone was calling her an angel I thought for sure her name was going to be Angel.

Bizlet

Postby Bizlet » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:27 pm

Quote Pazajammy:

Id don't like it either. The way everyone was calling her an angel I thought for sure her name was going to be Angel.

Don't worry that sweet little baby will be Georgie sometime in the future. It is just a matter of when. I am guessing a sweeps period.

LuvLante

Postby LuvLante » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Quote Bizlet:
Quote Pazajammy:

Don't worry that sweet little baby will be Georgie sometime in the future. It is just a matter of when. I am guessing a sweeps period.

Should have been Ruby Constance after aunt Ruby and Connie.

Bizlet

Postby Bizlet » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Quote LuvLante:
Quote Bizlet:
Quote Pazajammy:

Should have been Ruby Constance after aunt Ruby and Connie.

ITA about Ruby of course a lot of people probably would not know who they were referring to. They mention Lilia, they mention the Hardy's but I don' t recall them mentioning Ruby at all.

shepmajor

Postby shepmajor » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Quote Bettie Davis: Lulu worked for Connie and they did have a good friendship going, and they wanted to honor her, the same thing would have happened if Maxie had told the truth, she would have named her Georgie, maybe the next baby they have.

I would not call what Lulu and Connie had a "nice friendship" - or even a friendship at all. They were very much boss-subordinate. Not that they were enemies or anything, but they weren't particularly close. Neither were Dante and Connie. Dante never even met her until he came to the Chuckles and his real identity was revealed. Even then, they barely spoke to/saw one another.

It was very disingenuous to name that baby after Connie.

Not that the name will stick, of course, once the truth comes out.

Return to “General Hospital”