The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
ghfanfare

Re: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:25 am

I thought the Luke goodbye was okay. A last salute to Port Charles and disappearing into the fog was good. I was not disappointed. But I have never been fond of Luke so I wasn't expecting anything specific, really. At least they didn't kill him off.

I would love to hear how onlygh felt about Luke/TG leaving. She was his number one fan.

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:28 am

Quote ghfanfare: I thought the Luke goodbye was okay. A last salute to Port Charles and disappearing into the fog was good. I was not disappointed. But I have never been fond of Luke so I wasn't expecting anything specific, really. At least they didn't kill him off.

I would love to hear how onlygh felt about Luke/TG leaving. She was his number one fan.

%( %( %( %( I miss onlygh so much. %( %( %( %(

I'm sure she's sad about his exit, but I'd love to know her feelings about the last year of FLuke and Luke.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:30 am

Quote JaneDoe:
Quote ghfanfare: I thought the Luke goodbye was okay. A last salute to Port Charles and disappearing into the fog was good. I was not disappointed. But I have never been fond of Luke so I wasn't expecting anything specific, really. At least they didn't kill him off.

I'm sure she's sad about his exit, but I'd love to know her feelings about the last year of FLuke and Luke.

She had the best insights on the show. Miss her, too. :|

oltllover

Postby oltllover » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:19 pm

I changed my avi to Michael and Jake when they shook hands to work together to take down Nic. I said I would keep it till they busted Nic or until Franco did something great. Well Franco did something very Toddish today but word is that Michael and Jake hook up again this week. I am so torn. 3) ;)
Good show today love seeing veterans of the game together and seeing them with the newbies really helps the younguns look better. I could have lived forever without seeing the contrived "I brought you donuts" ruse.
Love that Nathan has his sisters back.
Dillon and Lulu, that could work when she dumps "deer caught in the headlights boy" with his pathetic mooning for "doe eyed girl".

Howie79

Postby Howie79 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:10 pm

It has been a busy summer and I have spent the last three days watching about 4 weeks of GH. I just want to mention a few rants and raves:

RAVE: Franco, Franco and More Franco. I love having RH on my screen. And today's scene's with Morgan were priceless to me. I mean, Franco is threatening to kill you and all you do is talk to him about your dad? Must have gotten the "talk them to death" gene. But I do like Morgan's haircut. Much cleaner and neater IMHO.

RAVE: I am liking the Nina storyline. I have no knowledge of MS prior to GH, but I love how she is playing Nina. I think that her insecurities and wondering about herself is truly warranted. She lost 20 years of her life. She is playing the character well and I hope she stays for awhile.

RAVE: Maxie putting Maddie in her place. Loved every minute of it. And KS really held her own in a good scene with a soap powerhouse in DM.

RAVE: We are almost thru July and I have not been pestered with unnecessary scenes of Molly and TJ and the kid set at the park. At least we have been treated to mostly adult stories this summer.

RAVE: Love Michael and Sabrina. Their relationship feels right for me. They work well together and I hope that they continue on this path.

RANT: The whole Lulu/Dante/Valerie mess. It's bad when I think that Lulu is the best in the situation. I wish that Luke had taken Valerie on his "journey". She could use a long walk off of a short pier. But martial strife and cheating spouses are Soap 101. Here's to maybe Lulu will get with Dillon. He is so much better than Dante.

RANT: Liz and the whole Jake is alive thing. This story is so far fetched that I can't believe they actually considered it. I actually tried to imagine being in the room when this came out as the best idea for Luke's exit adventure. Imagine the ones on the cutting room floor if this was the best they could do. I did wonder if this was a way for them to sort of redeem TG/Luke for Jake's "death". And Liz, girl I have a soft spot for you, but come on, get your stuff together, put on some big girl pants and own up to Jake and who he is. You may still have a chance to come out of this thing with just a few minor bumps and bruises. Be thankful for having little Jake back and give Danny back his father.

RANT: CarSon 5.0. Do not need to go down that road again. Let's at least hope they don't procreate again.

And just a side note: I don't know how I feel about the RC firing. Not sure where that came from. If they based it on the past six weeks, well that really isn't fair. June is typically a lower ratings month all around. And if they are blaming long winded s/ls on him, well, the Fluke thing was supposed to be wrapped up sooner but TGs unfortunate delay in recovering from surgery put a real damper on it. And that in turn I am sure has effected other s/ls that were supposed to come out during sweeps. RC did a good job of balancing characters and stories and making the show more of an ensemble, like other daytime soaps. I also, as a long time viewer appreciated his nods to GH history and other ABC soaps. That being said, I do blame RC for the whole Levi fiasco. ;)

Howie79

Postby Howie79 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:13 pm

Quote Nightmoves:
Quote JaneDoe: RAVES: MAXIE! This girl ROCKS. "Your outfit is dated" "It's vintage" "It's HIDEOUS!" :-) :-)

Franco and Denise.... I love these two working together and like oltllover, I love that Franco knows Ava and Morgan are hooking up behind Kiki's back. My money is on them going at it again while Kiki is out of town. Anyone want to bet? ;) :-)

MS is rocking these scenes and while I hate what's happening to her, I LOVE watching this woman act. I can't wait for Franco or Silas or BOTH to rescue her from this h@ll she's in. Shame on you Cute Ric. >(

RANTS: VALERIE..... stay away from Dillon. 8) (where is the vomit emoji. >( )

DANTE is still a pig. ~)

MORGAN is still a pig. ~)

LUKE EXIT: This is both a rant and rave and deserves its own place. I liked his scenes with Sonny and I do think they deserved their goodbye since they spent so much of their past working together. My only beef with this WHOLE story was just how lackluster is was for a LUKE exit. 8) I felt a little something during all of his goodbyes (Tracy and Lucky's being the best IMO), but in the end when he walked away into the fog...... I couldn't help but think, that's IT?! Really? Disappointing is the only word that I can think of to adequately describe my feelings on his exit. Oh well, it's over and now we move on. 3)

I haven't seen yesterday's show yet but have read a TON of criticism about the fact that LNL had no farewell scene. Fans are really pissed off and feel that was TG's last FU to the supercouple he hated, the one that made him famous >(

For me, not only was the LNL final goodbye missing, but goodbyes with Alexis/Natasha and Carly. I would have loved one last "Oh, Caroline". As for TG and his comments, I may run the risk of actor bashing, but as my grandma says, never bite the hand that feeds/fed you. GH was the hand that fed him for 37 years, and now he is ungrateful. He may find that his comments may come back to bite him. Oh well.

*edited because the post was completely messed up.

oltllover

Postby oltllover » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:43 am

Dillon goes to his long time friend to talk about his screen play, Valerie goes to the crime riddan docks to bring donuts, which one is more believable? Dillon didn't say boo about dating Valerie until AFTER Lulu told him about the kiss and it makes perfect sense that he would not want to put Lulu in an awkward position knowing she is not crazy about Valerie and Dillon and Lulu have a long intense and deep history. What doesn't make sense is why Valerie would need Dante to be OK with her going out with Dillon. He didn't do anything to Dante and Valerie and Dante do not have the same history and a one night stand does not change that. She wanted him to be jealous.
Morgan threatening to call daddy was hysterical considering what happened the last time Sonny tried to take care of Franco. I loved his line about his shoes, "the only pair without blood on them" I always find the jabs at Franco amusing, on the one hand everyone that hates him calls him a psycho murderer yet they always act like he doesn't scare them so which one is it?
I am willing to bet the grocery money that Morgan will yell at Denise for a minute and then end up in bed with her.
I am looking forward to Franco and Silas today. When RH first came back to OLTL and had scenes with ME they had that "guy chemistry" and they both have that wicked sarcastic wit. It should be fun

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 am

Quote ghfanfare:
Quote JaneDoe:

She had the best insights on the show. Miss her, too. :|

I miss onlygh too ;( We all had some really good discussions.

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:11 am

Quote Howie79:
Quote Nightmoves:
Quote JaneDoe: RAVES: MAXIE! This girl ROCKS. "Your outfit is dated" "It's vintage" "It's HIDEOUS!" :-) :-)

Franco and Denise.... I love these two working together and like oltllover, I love that Franco knows Ava and Morgan are hooking up behind Kiki's back. My money is on them going at it again while Kiki is out of town. Anyone want to bet? ;) :-)

MS is rocking these scenes and while I hate what's happening to her, I LOVE watching this woman act. I can't wait for Franco or Silas or BOTH to rescue her from this h@ll she's in. Shame on you Cute Ric. >(

RANTS: VALERIE..... stay away from Dillon. 8) (where is the vomit emoji. >( )

DANTE is still a pig. ~)

MORGAN is still a pig. ~)

LUKE EXIT: This is both a rant and rave and deserves its own place. I liked his scenes with Sonny and I do think they deserved their goodbye since they spent so much of their past working together. My only beef with this WHOLE story was just how lackluster is was for a LUKE exit. 8) I felt a little something during all of his goodbyes (Tracy and Lucky's being the best IMO), but in the end when he walked away into the fog...... I couldn't help but think, that's IT?! Really? Disappointing is the only word that I can think of to adequately describe my feelings on his exit. Oh well, it's over and now we move on. 3)

I haven't seen yesterday's show yet but have read a TON of criticism about the fact that LNL had no farewell scene. Fans are really pissed off and feel that was TG's last FU to the supercouple he hated, the one that made him famous >(

For me, not only was the LNL final goodbye missing, but goodbyes with Alexis/Natasha and Carly. I would have loved one last "Oh, Caroline". As for TG and his comments, I may run the risk of actor bashing, but as my grandma says, never bite the hand that feeds/fed you. GH was the hand that fed him for 37 years, and now he is ungrateful. He may find that his comments may come back to bite him. Oh well.

*edited because the post was completely messed up.

Hi Howie nice to see you :)

I agree Luke and Natasha should have also had a good-bye scene. I think so much should have been done differently with Luke's exit from the show. The worst was inserting Jennifer Smith into it with those ridiculous scenes >(

The OG Jake being brought to life was also ridiculous and unnecessary IMO.

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:13 am

Raves: Maxie and Madeline scenes were just great! Also Luke and Lulu good-bye, which was the only one that got me a little teary eyed.

Rant: Just about everything else >(

Return to “General Hospital”