The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Vertigobarbie

Re: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Postby Vertigobarbie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:20 am

I'm starting off with a rant.

Spencer Cassadine is annoying as all heck. If I talked to my father like he did over having chocolate as a snack, I still wouldn't be able to sit down to this day. I get that he's being raised as a privileged child but that is no excuse for rudeness.

Yes I get that this is not real life but there are children who act like that in real life. I just had a conversation with a friend about how a lot of children these days expect everything to be handed to them instead of working for it.

I loved Michael ignoring Kiki at the hospital when he gave the recording to Anna. Like he said everyone who lied to him is dead to him. Chad Duell has been amazing lately.

oltllover

Postby oltllover » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:25 am

Quote Vertigobarbie: I'm starting off with a rant.

Spencer Cassadine is annoying as all heck. If I talked to my father like he did over having chocolate as a snack, I still wouldn't be able to sit down to this day. I get that he's being raised as a privileged child but that is no excuse for rudeness.

Yes I get that this is not real life but there are children who act like that in real life. I just had a conversation with a friend about how a lot of children these days expect everything to be handed to them instead of working for it.

I loved Michael ignoring Kiki at the hospital when he gave the recording to Anna. Like he said everyone who lied to him is dead to him. Chad Duell has been amazing lately.

there are many things that bother me about Sencer and how Nic lets him speak that way but one of the things that really irks me is "townie" especially when he is talking about Cameron. I know Lucky is a useless dad but he did at one point raise Cam and that makes Spencer and Cam cousins sort of and just once I would love to hear Nic say "hey thats your cousin" if nothing else. >)

Vertigobarbie

Postby Vertigobarbie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:33 am

Quote oltllover:
Quote Vertigobarbie: I'm starting off with a rant.

there are many things that bother me about Sencer and how Nic lets him speak that way but one of the things that really irks me is "townie" especially when he is talking about Cameron. I know Lucky is a useless dad but he did at one point raise Cam and that makes Spencer and Cam cousins sort of and just once I would love to hear Nic say "hey thats your cousin" if nothing else. >)

I agree. I think he's supposed to come across as precocious but he just comes across as I'm better than you because my dad is rich. Hence him using "townie" in a derogatory manner. Spencer and Joss are meant for each other in my opinion.

As far as I am concerned they are cousins as they have been raised that way and Aiden is his blood cousin. Unless history gets changed again and yet another DNA test is needed. :D

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:26 am

Rave: My daughter is now hooked on GH too! I started watching the other night and she said "you're watching without me"!

Of course I started over even though I was half way through as the show has just been so good :)

alikat

Postby alikat » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:43 am

Quote Nightmoves: Rave: My daughter is now hooked on GH too! I started watching the other night and she said "you're watching without me"!

Of course I started over even though I was half way through as the show has just been so good :)

LOL Awesome. You know Chad would watch with me when he was younger but then would act like he didn't when his dad was home ~) His favorite was Days at the time.

Soaps really are something that are passed down from mother to daughter. Although for me, it was my sister that got me watching.

fansince1981

Postby fansince1981 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Quote oltllover: There are certainly a lot of things to rave about lately but my big one today is thank goodness Olivia has not been part of the Sonny pity party. 3)

FYI the actress who plays Olivia is pregnant. I know everyone is sick of baby SL....BUT....I hope tptb use it as a SL. can you imagine the great scenes of Olivia & Tracy. LOL :)) And the Quartermaine fans get a new heir ;)

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Quote alikat:
Quote Nightmoves: Rave: My daughter is now hooked on GH too! I started watching the other night and she said "you're watching without me"!

LOL Awesome. You know Chad would watch with me when he was younger but then would act like he didn't when his dad was home ~) His favorite was Days at the time.

Soaps really are something that are passed down from mother to daughter. Although for me, it was my sister that got me watching.

You guys are my soap family because no one in my family watches soaps at all. They are basically soap snobs, too, but kindly refrain from saying so in my presence, lol.

oltllover

Postby oltllover » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Quote fansince1981:
Quote oltllover: There are certainly a lot of things to rave about lately but my big one today is thank goodness Olivia has not been part of the Sonny pity party. 3)

FYI the actress who plays Olivia is pregnant. I know everyone is sick of baby SL....BUT....I hope tptb use it as a SL. can you imagine the great scenes of Olivia & Tracy. LOL :)) And the Quartermaine fans get a new heir ;)

I saw that on GHH but wasn't sure if it was true. if it is congrats to her but she is not on that much so maybe tptb will hide it.

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Quote alikat:

Yeah it's cool and I still remember watching 'As the World Turns' with my mom when I was a little kid.

My husband was joking with us and called her a 'soapie'.

oltllover

Postby oltllover » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:21 pm

Today's show

so Sonny pled guilty to save Carly so brownie points for that but what about Duke?

Return to “General Hospital”