The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
cardgirl

Re: THE RANT & RAVE THREAD - ALL WELCOME

Postby cardgirl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Rave:

So so so happy that they are bringing back so many vets. This Sean Donnelly thing is gonna be good. Love him. I am so glad they are actually using vets in stories and not just for filler.

Loved the scenes with Scott and Lucy. I can only tolerate the other if they are with each other. Kind of like Maxie and Spinelle. Except I really can't tolerate Lucy if she is alone with a non vet, but I will save that for my rant.

Finally Sam found her hutzbah. Loved how she told off Derick. Can't wait til she finds out he is daddy dearest. Hee hee.

More Kevin please. Still makes my heart go pitty patty.

Rant:

Well, even though Silas is growing on me, I find him to be quite the dill weed. Why in gods name did he tell Ava he was doing a DNA test? He must have fallen on his head, either that or he does not know what a conniving shrew she is. Maybe that is not why they broke up. No matter, he should have kept his pie hole shut until he had the results. Now she is gonna tamper with them OF COURSE. (Just my opinion, not a spoiler.)

UM I know Luke is off his game because he is sick but he and Holly really are losing there touch for larceny and theft. You are in a bank stealing information. Perhaps you should have saved the teary good byes and heart to heart until AFTER you were out of the bank and the cop were not on the way.

Speaking of Holly, honey those lashes need to go. You could have taken flight with them...I spose it could have been part of your escape plan.

Lucy please can you take a breath between sentences? You talk to fast and it makes you look flakier than you really are. You are a spass. Really you need a serenity room in your house. One where you listen to tapes that tell you not to talk so much in public.

Can Scott please have a real story and stop whining about his wife going off to find Luke. Yeah she should have stayed put but really man, get a life and stop blaming him for all that is bad in your life. You messed up some of it MOST of it on your own. How you can let ONE thing make you so freaking bitter and rambling is beyond me. I love you but SHUT UP about Luke already. You got Laura back..sort of. That should be telling to you.

Just an aside, whoever picks out the jewelry on this show needs to keep their day job. Really really REALLY ugly lately.

And um Alexis, I am glad you remembered the name of Sam's daddy. But why are you so worried he can't be found. Your daughter is a detective she can find him. Just don't let Spinelli help her, he will not do it right.

alikat

Postby alikat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:17 pm

You know...with all of the old characters coming back, I must say I have a twinge of a rant within a rave...

Why? Because I've watched GH for around 10 years. So all of these people are essentially new to me. One thing we need is say...Elizabeth explaining say...Bobbi to Subrina and Felix and then Epiphany popping in with a little made up diddy and then telling everyone to get back to work. Or maybe Anna giving a more detailed recollection of the Jerome crime family to say...Dante. Heck for that matter, why doesn't someone fill someone in about Duke and Anna. Apparently they were some GREAT LOVE. Okay but how would I know that. I know Anna as Robin's mother and the ex of ROBERT. I don't know Duke from diddily squat. Two or three filler scenes of some long time character like Monica filling in a newer character like Patrick would work for me...something like "I'm really surprised Robin never told you about Duke" and then telling the Cliff Notes version of the Danna love.

I could go on and on...Leslie and Monica having their little spat a few weeks ago when Leslie was trying to get info off the hospital computers. Well at first I wasn't sure why those two didn't like each other. We've never seen Leslie much throughout the past decade (more before they sorased Lulu) but finally toward the end, they gave a little insight. Why not have Epiphany tell a little story about when she first started at GH as a Candy Striper and even have a funny flash back with day players or even current actors playing the parts of Epiphany, Monica, Leslie and Rick...(uhhhh teen scene Taylor, Molly, Kiki and Rafe) and Epiphany can talk about the hot janitor she was head over heels in love with (TJ)

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Quote alikat: You know...with all of the old characters coming back, I must say I have a twinge of a rant within a rave...

Why? Because I've watched GH for around 10 years. So all of these people are essentially new to me. One thing we need is say...Elizabeth explaining say...Bobbi to Subrina and Felix and then Epiphany popping in with a little made up diddy and then telling everyone to get back to work. Or maybe Anna giving a more detailed recollection of the Jerome crime family to say...Dante. Heck for that matter, why doesn't someone fill someone in about Duke and Anna. Apparently they were some GREAT LOVE. Okay but how would I know that. I know Anna as Robin's mother and the ex of ROBERT. I don't know Duke from diddily squat. Two or three filler scenes of some long time character like Monica filling in a newer character like Patrick would work for me...something like "I'm really surprised Robin never told you about Duke" and then telling the Cliff Notes version of the Danna love.

I could go on and on...Leslie and Monica having their little spat a few weeks ago when Leslie was trying to get info off the hospital computers. Well at first I wasn't sure why those two didn't like each other. We've never seen Leslie much throughout the past decade (more before they sorased Lulu) but finally toward the end, they gave a little insight. Why not have Epiphany tell a little story about when she first started at GH as a Candy Striper and even have a funny flash back with day players or even current actors playing the parts of Epiphany, Monica, Leslie and Rick...(uhhhh teen scene Taylor, Molly, Kiki and Rafe) and Epiphany can talk about the hot janitor she was head over heels in love with (TJ)

Actually, I'm little surprised they don't do more of this. It's exactly what RC used to do on OLTL and how I got caught up on most of 30 years' worth of OLTL in just a couple months. I don't remember looking up much history at all like I've been doing with GH lately. But, whatever. Thank goodness for the internet or I'd really be lost. 3)

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:41 pm

Quote cardgirl: Speaking of Holly, honey those lashes need to go. You could have taken flight with them...I spose it could have been part of your escape plan.

I see you noticed the phony lashes as well. They looked like refugees from the Mod Era. 3)

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Quote alikat: You know...with all of the old characters coming back, I must say I have a twinge of a rant within a rave...

I would love to see them do more of this! Even us long time viewers forget old details sometimes and it's nice to have the stories retold. Instead, time is wasted on Luke retelling Holly his illness history that we ALL know already. 8) That was a TOTAL waste of dialog space IMO.

alikat

Postby alikat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Quote JaneDoe:

I would love to see them do more of this! Even us long time viewers forget old details sometimes and it's nice to have the stories retold. Instead, time is wasted on Luke retelling Holly his illness history that we ALL know already. 8) That was a TOTAL waste of dialog space IMO.

Yes, with DVR's, Soapnet, youtube and ABC.com I don't understand why they repeat recent crappola so much. There's no need to remind the audience on Monday what the cliffhanger was on Friday. However, reminding us of the past/history would be great. If they cannot show old clips then do something fun. Remember when Maxie and Spinelli were in an old 40's movie style scenes? Those were lot's of fun. They could do that with characters to play out a history. ESPECIALLY when they "rewrite" or "tweak" history.

Vertigobarbie

Postby Vertigobarbie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:22 am

Rant: Please get rid of Morgan!!! I just don't see any chemistry between him and Kiki and this whole basing their relationship on a lie is just plain dumb. Yes it could be very soapy but not the way they are going about it.

Vertigobarbie

Postby Vertigobarbie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:21 am

Rant again about Morgan. Son you are dumber than a box of rocks. That's it keep lying to Kiki and watch your relationship go up in flames. ~)

Rave: The show ending by changing from night to morning and the paper being delivered with the Kiki's not a Q headline.

Bettie Davis

Postby Bettie Davis » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:34 am

Quote Vertigobarbie: Rant again about Morgan. Son you are dumber than a box of rocks. That's it keep lying to Kiki and watch your relationship go up in flames. ~)

Rave: The show ending by changing from night to morning and the paper being delivered with the Kiki's not a Q headline.

I think this is a rave I'm not sure, but, I think after the story is seen, I think Morgan will go on a down hill spiral.

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:41 am

Rave: LOVED seeing Sean Donnelly and hope to see more of that s/l on today's show.

Loved the way the show ended with night turning into morning and the newspapers being delivered.

Rant: Morgan & Kiki = Yuck!

Return to “General Hospital”