The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
oltllover

Re: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Postby oltllover » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:14 am

Quote JaneDoe:
Quote oltllover:
Quote JaneDoe: RAVES: OMG... too many to mention!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way the Sonny, Michael, Morgan, Dante scenes went down. LOVED when Dante said EVERYTHING I was screaming at my TV. AJ wouldn't want you to stoop to Sonny's level!! And there we have Sonny egging him on to kill him. Totally OK knowing that Michael would spend the rest of his life in jail for his murder. Father of the year right there folks! 8)

LOVED Julexis. Alexis is taking no crap or lies from Julian! I think he's ready to fess up to keep her... they love each other so much. *)

Nina.... Fan Flippin Freakin' Tastic! This girl is off her rails and is so entertaining to watch. I think her mother is a gonner! 8)

The QUARTERMAINES and all their dysfunction brought back to our screen. Finding out Larry Ashton is in this scheme up to his neck.... OK, I'm gonna say it. I STILL think FLuke is Bill Eckert. He was in cahoots with Larry Ashton before and he could have been the one to seek him out for his scheme. >)

Danny, Sam, Jake(Jason), Liz.... NICE. I know it's weird that Liz is letting a strange man into her home, but it's a soap. I want to see where this goes and I'm glad "Jake" got a chance to come face to face with Sam as well as Liz now.

IKR about Sonny, telling Michael its ok to kill for vengeance instead of telling him that he is better then that kind of life 8)
I am loving Nina and so looking forward to something with her and Franco. Nina is redeemable because she really is sick and I would love it if Franco was the one to talk some sense into her and return the baby.
Liz and Jake is a lot oint so I am not over thinking the whole living situation ;)
As for Fluke I am still not sure but it does seem that the players so far have connections to Barret Ind.

Exactly. This whole story started with a connection to Barrett Industries. I know Bill Eckert was never an evil villain, but he was "killed" because he was mistaken for his cousin Luke. Who was he killed by? Frank Smith who ran the territory that Sonny now has. Sonny was a Frank Smith EMPLOYEE at the time. Having his life taken from him and being put in witness protection could have made him the EVIL man he is today. I've leaned more toward this theory since the beginning... mostly because I didn't want a man in a mask story again. 3)

I have no problem with that theory but I do wonder then who was Fluke talking to that time when he looked up to "heaven". Do we know what ever happened to Bill's son maybe tptb will create some back story about the son being killed by Sonny's people or whatever.

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:15 am

Quote alikat: Here's my rant. And before anyone gives me the ole "no bashing actors" I'm not bashing an actor. I'm critiquing their performance. That is not bashing.

RANT: OMG Yesterday was so stupid. I mean Maurice Benard didn't even TRY acting his best for most of that scene. When Bryan Craig (Morgan) went to step in front of him (Sonny) there should have been a struggle. Sonny should have had to be shouldered out of the way. Instead, Maurice, anticipating the directors cue and Bryan Craig's (Morgan's) blocking mark...literally stepped back just before the other actor would have come into his sightline. I don't even think they brushed shoulders.

So disappointing.

However, there at the end...that was Maurice Benard all the way. It pisses me off how hot and cold that actor runs for the past few years.

Rave: Chad Duell...HOLY FRAK THAT KID!!!! Get him the Emmy NOW!!! STAT!!!! The whole feel of his emotions, his pain in his eyes, his shaking hand holding the gun. I cannot WAIT to see him in 5 years because in the past 3 years he has grown tenfold. He's going to be the one to watch.

(PS: Get him out of the Michael/Kiki love story. I know they're cute and in real life dating but she does nothing to improve his craft. Pair him with Lulu. Marcy Rylan can act her ARSE off. Time for a big shake up at GH. Let's get some different pairings)

Okay, I'm done

ITA... except for Michael and Lulu, they are cousins. 8)

alikat

Postby alikat » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:05 am

Quote JaneDoe:
Quote alikat: Here's my rant. And before anyone gives me the ole "no bashing actors" I'm not bashing an actor. I'm critiquing their performance. That is not bashing.

RANT: OMG Yesterday was so stupid. I mean Maurice Benard didn't even TRY acting his best for most of that scene. When Bryan Craig (Morgan) went to step in front of him (Sonny) there should have been a struggle. Sonny should have had to be shouldered out of the way. Instead, Maurice, anticipating the directors cue and Bryan Craig's (Morgan's) blocking mark...literally stepped back just before the other actor would have come into his sightline. I don't even think they brushed shoulders.

So disappointing.

However, there at the end...that was Maurice Benard all the way. It pisses me off how hot and cold that actor runs for the past few years.

Rave: Chad Duell...HOLY FRAK THAT KID!!!! Get him the Emmy NOW!!! STAT!!!! The whole feel of his emotions, his pain in his eyes, his shaking hand holding the gun. I cannot WAIT to see him in 5 years because in the past 3 years he has grown tenfold. He's going to be the one to watch.

(PS: Get him out of the Michael/Kiki love story. I know they're cute and in real life dating but she does nothing to improve his craft. Pair him with Lulu. Marcy Rylan can act her ARSE off. Time for a big shake up at GH. Let's get some different pairings)

Okay, I'm done

ITA... except for Michael and Lulu, they are cousins. 8)

Ooopsie, I forgot. LOL. :0 Well basically what I'm saying is she's a really good actress who can bring out good performances with her costars. She's an "actors actor" so to speak. So no, I don't want romance :o <-- pukey face according to NM. But Michael could surely spend a lot of time with her and Dante trying to figure out how to live with the knowledge that his father (Sonny) isn't the man he thought. Dante and Lulu certainly can pull from their own well on that one. ;)

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:39 am

Quote genhospchat: Raves:
I missed the Quartermaine antics
Michael not destroying his life over scum like Sonny
Morgan and Dante knowing and saying that Sonny Is NOT all that

I like your raves. Esp. the part about the Q antics. So entertaining. Hope we see more of that.

fansince1981

Postby fansince1981 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:33 pm

Rave:
When Dante answered his phone he reminded me of Maxwell Smart..his shoe phone always rang at the most awkward times. (Would you believe) LOL ahhhh memories :))

Loved Lulu & Oliva's expression

SONNY is worried about Carly :)

Rant:

Don't gag Heather she has the funniest lines

Franco's cliff hanger 2Bomb or Not 2 Bomb was a complete bust since ABC kept promoting GH future episodes with Carly behind bars in one piece :~ dahhh so no bomb

Cuckoo Nina may have murdered Madeleine & only a handful of people noticed :( I hope mommy dearest survives. Donna Mills has been awesome...I was hoping she would go Abby Ewing on Nina. ;) hmmmm so I'm predicting that somehow Heather kidnaps Baby Corinthos or Sabrina redeems herself by saving & returning baby into Ava's arms :-

Michael, Kiki, Morgan breakup SL was rushed ~)

genhospchat

Postby genhospchat » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:22 pm

[quote]Quote alikat: Here's my rant. And before anyone gives me the ole "no bashing actors" I'm not bashing an actor. I'm critiquing their performance. That is not bashing.

So disappointing.

Okay, I'm done[/quote/]

As per the bolded above, I was watching thinking "why isn't he stopping Morgan? Why is he allowing him to stand in front of a gun? You can see him thinking about what his next line is suppose to be, while waiting for the boys to finish theirs. No father would allow their son to stand in front of a gun. Oh Sonny, you're still as selfish as ever.

genhospchat

Postby genhospchat » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Rave: this is the first show in years I didnt FF the majority of it but was actually interested in watching the whole thing.

It's about time they put Franco back to who he really is and stopped the sugar coating of the character to keep the actor. This characrer was always meant to be short term, so now can he go away? RH plays evil much better than nice.

Michael and Kiki are finished *happy dance*

Rant: as much as I enjoyed watching it all, I still have rants.

First, now that Michael and Kiki are finished, we have to listen to Kiki whine for forgiveness and give that horrible "I'm in pain" face.

Sonny being concerned about the baby to Dante. He didn't give a fig about the baby when he was ready to shoot Ava, again his own personal vendetta came first.

Dante questioning Sonny without an attorney, not to mention being his son. Anything Sonny said in there was meaningless and if any other cop saw that text, they would add attempted murder of Franco to the charges.

Then we come to Bobbie. Oh Bobbie SIT DOWN! I don't care that Carly is your daughter, she did what she did, too bad!

Carly getting mad at Franco. She just makes me laugh when it comes to men. She does the same with Sonny, defend him to the nines then when he turns out to be who he really is, she makes everything their fault. Carly, Franco had your number, YOU did this, go SIT DOWN beside your mother and shush!

CHATTERBOX22

Postby CHATTERBOX22 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:54 am

Raves

Morgan telling Micheal he knew about AJ and Ava told him

Micheal dumping Kiki, the writing has been on the wall.

Sonny worried about Carly

Heather was just crazy and funny

Carly gaging Heather, loved it

Rants

Can Franco just shoot himself he is annoying at this point.

Micheal at the bar ordering a drink looking like AJ, not in a good way.

Micheal checking out Rosalie, I would be all for this couple but he was not interested. But now that he wrote Morgan off he is going to go after the girl his brother was interested in. He already went after Kiki and she was Morgan's wife. Not like this side of Micheal.

Nathan and Maxie texting like they are in this deep love, they went on one date and Nathan is pining away for her like a puppy, as his mother Dr.O would say it is unbecoming. Nathan is a lot of bark for anyone but that crooked judge, pathetic.

Dante answering his phone in the middle of a police call, seriously the PCPD is the worst.

ransomha

Postby ransomha » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 am

Quote CHATTERBOX22: Raves

Morgan telling Micheal he knew about AJ and Ava told him

Micheal dumping Kiki, the writing has been on the wall.

Sonny worried about Carly

Heather was just crazy and funny

Carly gaging Heather, loved it

Rants

Can Franco just shoot himself he is annoying at this point.

Micheal at the bar ordering a drink looking like AJ, not in a good way.

Micheal checking out Rosalie, I would be all for this couple but he was not interested. But now that he wrote Morgan off he is going to go after the girl his brother was interested in. He already went after Kiki and she was Morgan's wife. Not like this side of Micheal.

Nathan and Maxie texting like they are in this deep love, they went on one date and Nathan is pining away for her like a puppy, as his mother Dr.O would say it is unbecoming. Nathan is a lot of bark for anyone but that crooked judge, pathetic.

Dante answering his phone in the middle of a police call, seriously the PCPD is the worst.

Good ones, agree with all your rants and raves.....

Franco, thanks for the memories...now BYE....

Vertigobarbie

Postby Vertigobarbie » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:15 am

Quote genhospchat: Rave: this is the first show in years I didnt FF the majority of it but was actually interested in watching the whole thing.

It's about time they put Franco back to who he really is and stopped the sugar coating of the character to keep the actor. This characrer was always meant to be short term, so now can he go away? RH plays evil much better than nice.

Michael and Kiki are finished *happy dance*

Rant: as much as I enjoyed watching it all, I still have rants.

First, now that Michael and Kiki are finished, we have to listen to Kiki whine for forgiveness and give that horrible "I'm in pain" face.

Sonny being concerned about the baby to Dante. He didn't give a fig about the baby when he was ready to shoot Ava, again his own personal vendetta came first.

Dante questioning Sonny without an attorney, not to mention being his son. Anything Sonny said in there was meaningless and if any other cop saw that text, they would add attempted murder of Franco to the charges.

Then we come to Bobbie. Oh Bobbie SIT DOWN! I don't care that Carly is your daughter, she did what she did, too bad!

Carly getting mad at Franco. She just makes me laugh when it comes to men. She does the same with Sonny, defend him to the nines then when he turns out to be who he really is, she makes everything their fault. Carly, Franco had your number, YOU did this, go SIT DOWN beside your mother and shush!

Great raves and rants. I would love to see everyone get their's including that character that both you and I really dislike. :D

Return to “General Hospital”