The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
LuvJaSam4ever1

Re: The rant & rave thread. All welcome.

Postby LuvJaSam4ever1 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:56 am

I forgot a rant: Dr. O's storyline at the hospital is so unrealistic that I no longer even watch, just FF. What a waste of a great actress.

Jeanine5

Postby Jeanine5 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:54 am

Rave: The wedding. Franco was great. Loved when he called Joss a brat.

Rave: Nina and Ava. Nina is really creeping me out.

Rant: Morgan allowing Sonny to manipulate his feelings. I thought Morgan would be smarter than that. How many "true loves" has Sonny had? ~)

ransomha

Postby ransomha » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:58 am

Quote LuvJaSam4ever1:
Quote ecs7574: Rant: How does Franco have the gall to look self-righteously down his nose at Carly?

Really? Let's consider the way Carly has wronged Franco:

Did she get his son raped? Set up her son's rape as an exhibition? Stalk and threaten his daughter? Torture his best friend? Rape his best friend's wife on her honeymoon? Strap his cousin to a bomb? Murder innocent people just for giggles and pose them to be found?

Oh wait, no—that was Franco. He tortured and scarred Carly's entire family, and she still "looked past all that" and took him in.

So, here's what Carly did: She cheated on him with Sonny. Boo hoo. Franco can consider the LONG LIST of ways he TORMENTED EVERYONE CARLY LOVED, and shut his disgusting mouth.

Boy Howdy, do I agree with everything you said. I hate Franco with a passion, but love the actor.

Rave: Sonny bonding with Morgan
Rant: GH writers having Liz inviting Jake (a virtual stranger) to stay with her and her sons.
Rave: Nina/Ava - awesome acting!

Me too: Agree with all these rants and raves......

JC1988

Postby JC1988 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:12 am

Rant: Shawn..he's never been able to hold Jason's jockstrap as Sonny's right hand man..he is too weak..and allows his feelings to get the best of him..

Rant: Max being shot..ok i get Max isnt going to change the atmosphere of the show..however..Sonny already has ZERO help right now..I think it's unrealistic to keep killing his employees..Bernie..Jason..now Max.

Rave: When an antagonist of the show plays their part right..we are supposed to dislike them..so kudos to 3 people: Franco..whom me and my mother like to call Todd Franco or Franco Todd..i mean he essentially is playing a very similar character..but thats not taking anything away from how he plays this part..i think he has done very well.

Nina..I wasnt a fan of the character when she first came..but finally Ava is getting what she deserves..it's about time.

Dr. O..love the actress..the accent..etc..Dr. O is one of the most likeable villains of all time imo!

Honorable mention for Rave: Heather..this actress can take 2 yrs off and doesnt miss a beat..she plays her role like she never even left it!

Now back to my last few rants:

Anna..I like the actress who is playing Anna..i dislike her as Police Commish..after they paired Anna back with Duke..I was really starting to like Anna again..then Mac lost his job and essentially any type relevancy..and Anna was named new head honcho..it wouldnt be so bad if Anna was doing something different than the rest..but she is doing what every other Head law enforcer has done..try to take down Sonny Corinthos..yet..the Jeromes are free to do as they wish..it just makes things unbelievable. Where is the justice and equality to that?! What about finding Luke?..they gave up on all of that and bringing down the true evil in PC(Jerry Jacks).

Rant: Sonny..people say if youre a fan of only one character youre not a true fan..totally not true. Im a guy..so im not going to just watch any sappy television drama..i need something to relate to..in this case..Sonny Corinthos..I started watching GH around 2005 to now..So i've seen Sonny at his best and his worst..here are the biggest things that i think should have never happened with Sonny:

1. Sleeping with Claudia..Sonny was never a guy to mix business with pleasure..especially not someone from a rival crime family.

2. Sleeping with Ava..like previous..you would think Sonny would know better than to make the same mistake twice..

3. Shooting AJ..from the time I have been watching..Sonny has always been about his kids first and foremost. Why break a promise all of a sudden now?!

This is what ruined Sonny for me..and lately it seems the writers have been listening to all the Sonny hate..he hasnt had one episode besides the Morgan bonding part..that showed the TRUE Sonny..his storylines is almost more depressing than Lucky's was..in fact theyre about neck and neck at the moment. I dont mind taking a little of the mobster stuff out here and there..but to completely abandon it(and Sonny) would take away from how the show has evolved from the typical soap..this is one of the things that make GH stand out. Why make it just another sappy tv drama..

Last Rant: Patrick..ok..to make it short and sweet..the actor who plays Patrick..is a great actor..so why keep making him out of a horndog..Patrick evolved from this character long ago..plus hasnt GH done this enough with Sonny(which they shouldnt have)..horny Patrick was gone after he gave up the infidelity lifestyle for Robin..I think even if he doesnt get back with Robin at some point..they should at least allow him to be in a stable relationship and stop hopping from bed to bed..in about a 2 year span..he has jumped from Robin to Brit..from Brit to Sabrina..from Sabrina back to Robin..only to jump in Sam's bed..the man has a child now for Pete's sake..let him be the role model he can be..better yet..reinstate him at the hospital!

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:43 am

RAVE: Just about everything! LOVED yesterday's show. Franco is on FIRE! Carly played with his feelings and now she must pay the price. Poor Michael! If only his parents and everyone else in his life would have been honest with him. When will they ever learn? 8)

RAVE: Nina is batsh!t crazy and I love it. I hope Ava and baby end up OK, but this story is FUN!

My only RANT is that Morgan is being such a doof when he's made so much progress lately. I guess Sonny needs at least one family member still on his side after all of this. ;)

lovelyliz

Postby lovelyliz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:40 am

Rave: Glad Liz was on and still like her scenes with Jake but I'm ready for him to either find out who he is or make some progress towards it. I DO NOT WANT LIZ thrown under the bus for Jason again. I really did not like Jake reaction yesterday since he is on the verge of getting out of the hospital & no where to go he should of had a better reaction than that just my opinion. :~ What can I say about my girl Liz she will defend her friends that is who Liz is and because of that she is crap over all the time about her so call friends like Nick for example. I really hope one day she find happiness and love again but I do not think it is with Jake, Nick or Rick just my opinion. I really miss Ewen and Patrick brother oh my god I think of his name it's been so long. Liz has a lot of friends but now I want her to either have a story or a romance. ;)

Rant: I did not see the whole show but I will I have to see what happen with Franco and Carly. The writers need to do a better job in writing Liz I swear it seems like GUZA & FRONS never left the building. 8)

alikat

Postby alikat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:47 am

Rant: 9 month pregnant woman in heels. I know it's possible but at home? When you are hiding? You'd wear heels, stilettos at that? REALLY?

Rave: EVERY FRICKING THING ELSE ON THE SHOW :D

Oh a specific rave: Michelle Staffors is KILLING IT!!!! Such a great actress...her choices...when she tapped on her lips with her finger *tsk tsk tsk* thinking of what she needs for delivering a baby...I mean how many of us do that when we're making a list in our heads? And she and Maura West in scenes together...they could seriously be talking about yoga pants and they'd infuse so much into the scene it's just so wonderful.

alikat

Postby alikat » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:49 am

Quote JaneDoe: RAVE: Just about everything! LOVED yesterday's show. Franco is on FIRE! Carly played with his feelings and now she must pay the price. Poor Michael! If only his parents and everyone else in his life would have been honest with him. When will they ever learn? 8)

RAVE: Nina is batsh!t crazy and I love it. I hope Ava and baby end up OK, but this story is FUN!

My only RANT is that Morgan is being such a doof when he's made so much progress lately. I guess Sonny needs at least one family member still on his side after all of this. ;)

Totally agree with this. And not only is MORGAN backsliding but I fricken raved about the actor the other day and then yesterday I felt he was backsliding as well. Hopefully today is better. In the meantime, he's pretty to look at 3)

fansince1981

Postby fansince1981 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Quote JC1988:

Rant: Max being shot..ok i get Max isnt going to change the atmosphere of the show..however..Sonny already has ZERO help right now..I think it's unrealistic to keep killing his employees..Bernie..Jason..now Max.

Rave: When an antagonist of the show plays their part right..we are supposed to dislike them..so kudos to 3 people: Franco..whom me and my mother like to call Todd Franco or Franco Todd..i mean he essentially is playing a very similar character..but thats not taking anything away from how he plays this part..i think he has done very well.

Dr. O..love the actress..the accent..etc..Dr. O is one of the most likeable villains of all time imo!

Honorable mention for Rave: Heather..this actress can take 2 yrs off and doesnt miss a beat..she plays her role like she never even left it!

This is what ruined Sonny for me..and late it seems the writers have been listening to all the Sonny hate..he hasnt had one episode besides the Morgan bonding part..that showed the TRUE Sonny..his storylines is almost more depressing than Lucky's was..in fact theyre about neck and neck at the moment. I dont mind taking a little of the mobster stuff out here and there..but to completely abandon it(and Sonny) would take away from how the show has evolved from the typical soap..this is one of the things that make GH stand out. Why make it just another sappy tv drama..

I hope you don't mind that I cut out some of your text & left the Rant I agree 10000%!!!

I was so angry after I watch yesterday show ...I realized TPTB are not only taking down Sonny but all the people surrounding Sonny which means IMO Corinthos Coffee will a memory & any hope NuJason takes over has disappeared...& when Fluke is revealed it seems the Jerome Crime Family will also non-exist.....I don't believe Fluke is an old crime boss... I believe Fluke is Luke who was brainwashed by Faison to become Fluke.....this is why I was not a happy camper yesterday because it appears TPTB are REMOVING ALL the crime boss families & we fans will be left with another ho hum boring soap. I truly hope I'm Wrong!!! Frist time in 32 years I am truly disappointed. :(

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:05 am

Nothing but Raves! Loved the past few days so much. LW and CD just rocked their scenes yesterday. RH was just awesome and I cannot wait to see what else, if anything he has in store.

Carly, I love ya but you really had this coming, as Michael said, for 'serving Sonny'. I do hope eventually Michael will soften his stance against Carly though.

Ava! MW just rocked her scenes as well and I'm anxious to see if Nina takes her daughter. I really felt for Ava the past few days.

oops: One Rant! Sonny dumb beyond belief putting your son in the middle of yet another plan to murder. Yup nothing like putting your son in that position :~

Also Ava shot Max! Really Sonny do you think in her condition, not to mention she's been in hiding from you, that she would walk up to your door and just shoot Max 8)

Can't wait to see the scenes between Michael and Old Sonny.

Return to “General Hospital”