Sabrina

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
oltllover

Re: Sabrina

Postby oltllover » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Quote IslandGirl33:
Quote Alex10: The actress is beautiful but the character is written as so childish. I can't see her with Patrick. Maybe Michael though I think Ellie might be cute with him as well. I do agree she's better than Brit. But who isn't? Both characters seem so cliche

I have no doubt that her character is written to this extreme just to make her upcoming make over more dramatic. It's quite clear to me that this make over WILL change her, both inside and out.

You and I both know that when she gets this makeover and learns to be more assertive and "grown up", the same people who are calling her childish and stupid will be saying she is to biotchy etc.

vickidink

Postby vickidink » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Quote ransomha:
Quote Alex10: The actress is beautiful but the character is written as so childish. I can't see her with Patrick. Maybe Michael though I think Ellie might be cute with him as well. I do agree she's better than Brit. But who isn't? Both characters seem so cliche

Childish is the exact right word!

If they had an actress who didn't have a demeanor like Sabrina - Britt wouldn't be able to bully her. The writers want her to look like she's helpless against Dr. Britt so when she transforms her character can finally get back at the person who is bullying her. As for the age difference between Sabrina and Patrick that shouldn't matter if the storyline took that course. My best friend married a man 21 years older than us when we were in our early 20s and they have been happily married for over 30 years.

KillerQueen

Postby KillerQueen » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Quote vickidink:
Quote ransomha:

Childish is the exact right word!

If they had an actress who didn't have a demeanor like Sabrina - Britt wouldn't be able to bully her. The writers want her to look like she's helpless against Dr. Britt so when she transforms her character can finally get back at the person who is bullying her. As for the age difference between Sabrina and Patrick that shouldn't matter if the storyline took that course. My best friend married a man 21 years older than us when we were in our early 20s and they have been happily married for over 30 years.

Congrates to your friend and her husband for haveing a happy marriage. IF the couple is happy and loves and respects each other that is what matter. Age and everything else be da.med, it s NOT any one s bussiness to begin with. But it s ok as a Soap topic I just personly dont car about age as long as the age is legal and every one is up front

hopey pix

Postby hopey pix » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:06 am

I can just see the episode where Sabrina lets her hair down,and dumps the glasses.Watch out then Patrick!I am sure that day is coming soon!!

ransomha

Postby ransomha » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:25 am

Quote KillerQueen:
Quote ransomha:
Quote Bizlet:
Quote JaneDoe: The actress who portrays Sabrina is positively gorgeous. I'm patiently awaiting the make-over and I think the overly dramatized display of frizzy hair in braids with kiddy clips is just a way to make the final result that much more dramatic. I don't look at it as a negative reflection on the character at all, it's meant to make the story more dramatic. It's such a fun nod to Lucy Coe's own history on the show. As far as her personality, I think she acts very much like a YOUNG student, because she's YOUNG. It's refreshing to see a young adult on the show who's not weighed down by tragedy and made to become so mature before their time. I'm sure that with a new look and the attention it will receive, her confidence will come and maturity will follow. :D

It is refreshing to have at least one character who is not switching paternity tests, stealing drugs or themselves addicted to them. She will receive her Lucy Co makeover via, Felix or Lucy and hopefully the confidence to slap the sh!t out Dr. Britt. Whether she ends up with Pat or Britt needs one from Robin.

While I do agree she doesn't need to be a paternity switching conniving witch, she doesn't have to be such an EXTREME clueless snitch.
I know many young professionals that act like ....YOUNG PROFESSIONALS.
This character acts like a middle school student. IMO.

On the other hand I have et young professionals who acted like rude non careing witchs. I will take a Sbrina over that

Hopefully those that you have met have not chosen the nursing profession, where "non-caring" can mean the difference between life and death.

Alex10

Postby Alex10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:26 am

There are pictures of the actress in Soaps In Depth, she is stunning.

Lady Isadorra

Postby Lady Isadorra » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:46 am

I actually really like Sabrina! She is just awkward and shy! I have a 17 year old at home and she is the same way! Sabrina just needs the right encouragement and confidence! I am a literature major so I have spent most of my life in books so when it was time to start my internship I was just like Sabrina! Its easier for her to hide behind her glasses and fade into the back ground. I still have the glasses but I no longer hide in the back ground! I hope Sabrina can find her confidence and get out of the clutches of bully Brit! I think that is another reason why Sabrina is so awkward and afraid! Once you are bullied for so long you start believing what they are telling you! TEAM SABRINA!!!

Alex10

Postby Alex10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:17 am

How old is Sabrina supposed to be? If she was 17 I could understand her personality better. She seems a little too naive and immature for a woman in her 20's

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:18 am

Quote Lady Isadorra: I actually really like Sabrina! She is just awkward and shy! I have a 17 year old at home and she is the same way! Sabrina just needs the right encouragement and confidence! I am a literature major so I have spent most of my life in books so when it was time to start my internship I was just like Sabrina! Its easier for her to hide behind her glasses and fade into the back ground. I still have the glasses but I no longer hide in the back ground! I hope Sabrina can find her confidence and get out of the clutches of bully Brit! I think that is another reason why Sabrina is so awkward and afraid! Once you are bullied for so long you start believing what they are telling you! TEAM SABRINA!!!

Excellent post! I think it's very normal for someone her age to be insecure and awkward. Some people are just born with more confidence than others, but there are so many young adult who struggle with it. Of course her actions and appearance are being over-dramatized to set up the story, but I think it makes her character even more endearing. She brings something fresh and innocent to GH. TEAM SABRINA all the way! :D

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 am

Quote vickidink:

If they had an actress who didn't have a demeanor like Sabrina - Britt wouldn't be able to bully her. The writers want her to look like she's helpless against Dr. Britt so when she transforms her character can finally get back at the person who is bullying her.

Agreed! I'm loving this story and I can't wait for Sabrina to blossom and to finally tell Brit where to stick it. :D

Return to “General Hospital”