Good Books

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
anybeth22

Re: Good Books

Postby anybeth22 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:22 pm

sjogirl wrote:
anybeth22 wrote:Thought since the favorite tv show thread was such a success I'd try a book one. See what else we all have in common or not.

I personally love to read and like to collect books so if I find an author I like I get everything they write.

I love and have all Julie Garwood, and Julia Quinn books.
Also all Catherine Coulters time pieces.

Beverly Lewis and Janette Oke are favorites.

(yes I know it's weird that I go from trashy romance fiction to Christian fiction but I love them all lol )

My favorite book is Anne of Green Gables. It was the first story I remember reading with my mom and it's still as wonderful to read now as it was then.

Huckleberry Finn is another classic I love.

Im 28 yrs old but I love the Harry Potter books. I never read the books until 2 weeks before the last one came out. My sister was bugging me to read them and I told her I didn't want to read them till all of them were out. She said "the 7th is out in 2 weeks. It's not like you can read them all before that" I took that as a challenge and read 6 books in 5 days :)

I've heard the Hunger Games are a must read but I don't know if I can handle reading about kids killing kids.

Ok now that I've rambled on and on It's your turn :)

I will happily talk about books any day!!! I LOVE that you mentioned Anne of Green Gables. Have you read all the books, all the way to the one about one of her daugters all grown up (Rilla of Ingleside, I believe is the name)? I am just curious because there are several in the series but most people I talk to only know of the stories through where the two movies end. I loved them all and I will be 50 this year lol. As for Harry Potter, I can remember seeing a 60 minutes episode where they spoke of this book that was becoming quite the sensation in New York so I went out and bought it and started reading it at night to my oldest son when he was little...he will be 28 this year. My boys and I read all of them and we have listened to the audio novels as a family and of course we have seen all the movies...talk about obsessive lol.

I would have to say my FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME is "I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb. If any of you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

I also love the Ken Follett trilogies and "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "The Good Earth". It is really impossible to list all the books I love but I would be remiss if I did not mention "Gone with the Wind"...so much better than the movie and "Rebecca" by Daphne du Maurier.

Otherwise, I am addicted to murder mysteries especially ones from Scandinavian countries. I devoured Girl with the Dragon Tattoo the week after it came out, luckily it was a sensation so I got movies to watch also.

I highly recommend Dennis Lehane...I LOVED every one of his books except Shutter Island.

Next up for me is The Girl on the Train...everyone I know has read it already...little behind on this one. Just finished Edge of Eternity by Ken Follett.

YES I have read all the books. My parents got me the collection for my 7th birthday. I've read them multiple times but the first one is still my favorite and read over and over.

anybeth22

Postby anybeth22 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:25 pm

sjogirl wrote:Okay so I just realized that I jumped on a thread that was not brand new and I responded to a post from 2012...WOW. I should probably just get some sleep. That being said, I would love to see this thread kept on the front page...I love hearing about books people love.

Hahahahaha I don't think anyone minds when it's not a fan war thread :) I haven't been on the board for a few months due to the new layout and glitches this place has now, but I came on today randomly and saw this thread. It was a nice surprise :)

sjogirl

Postby sjogirl » Wed May 18, 2016 9:10 pm

anybeth22 wrote:
sjogirl wrote:Okay so I just realized that I jumped on a thread that was not brand new and I responded to a post from 2012...WOW. I should probably just get some sleep. That being said, I would love to see this thread kept on the front page...I love hearing about books people love.

Hahahahaha I don't think anyone minds when it's not a fan war thread :) I haven't been on the board for a few months due to the new layout and glitches this place has now, but I came on today randomly and saw this thread. It was a nice surprise :)

I am so glad you answered! You are the first person I have ever spoken to who has read the other books. I love them too.

sjogirl

Postby sjogirl » Mon May 23, 2016 6:52 pm

I read "Girl on the Train" over the weekend and I could not put it down. I highly recommend it. I also want to recommend the Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling) Cormoran Strike detective series.

Return to “General Hospital”