Good Books

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
JaneDoe

Re: Good Books

Postby JaneDoe » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Quote Nightmoves:
Quote JaneDoe:
Quote Nightmoves:
Quote JaneDoe:
Quote Nightmoves: Has anyone read the 'Outlander' series? I have been seeing it talked about after Anna was showed packing one of the books, and it was also recommended to a friend of mine.

Thanks for resurrecting this old thread NM! I have not read this series.... but would love to hear from someone who has.

I just read The Girl on the Train.... it was good, especially if you like books like Gone Girl.

Summer is coming which means more reading time :) I need some suggestions, especially for vacation 3)

I never read Gone Girl but I will check it out thanks.

It's a crazy, mind blowing book..... hopefully you haven't seen the movie first. The book is much better and not knowing what's coming is the best part. 3)

No I have not seen the movie so I'll definitely check it out! I read a lot of James Patterson, do you like him?

I have read a few..... but not all of his books. If you like him, I think you'll definitely like Gone Girl. 3)

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Quote ghfanfare: I just read Dan Brown's Inferno. Suspense with a lot of history. I liked it. Reading on the kindle, I was able to look up the historical sites, paintings, and sculpture that he was describing. Fun! :)

I will check this one out too thanks :)

bellasmema

Postby bellasmema » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Jennifer Wiener, Sophie Kinsella, if I am in the mood for a good cry- Nicholas Sparks.
I am a preschool teacher so any books by Eric Carle!

GHdevoteePH

Postby GHdevoteePH » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:36 am

Beth -
You may like Jodi Picoult or Emily Giffin ...
I wish you would try Rebecca Mikkai -

sincerely-

Paul H

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:47 am

I like Emily Giffin and Jennifer Wiener too. Nickolas Sparks is way too over the top with emotion for me. ;)

Jonathan Tropper is good too. :D

Howie79

Postby Howie79 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:31 am

I love any kind of mystery or suspense type books. I also just finished the Songs of Ice and Fire series (all books that have been released to date) since I was getting hooked on Game of Thrones.

Some of my favorite authors for light mysteries are :

Kate Collins
Kate Carlisle
Heather Webber/Heather Blake
Victoria Laurie (paranormal suspense)

JD, I just saw Gone Girl and had not read the book. Now I am disappointed, but will still read the book. I always find that I enjoy the books much more than the movies.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue May 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Since I'm no longer watching GH...... I've got some time on my hands. Any good book suggestions? A series perhaps? I like suspense, comedy, I'm not opposed to YA or fantasy fiction. I'm not a fan of extremely sad or gushy romance. 8-)

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Tue May 17, 2016 12:38 pm

JaneDoe wrote:Since I'm no longer watching GH...... I've got some time on my hands. Any good book suggestions? A series perhaps? I like suspense, comedy, I'm not opposed to YA or fantasy fiction. I'm not a fan of extremely sad or gushy romance. 8-)

I recently read James Patterson's 'Murder House' and it was pretty good. He's one of my favorite authors. I'm now reading 'Second Honeymoon' also by him.

walkerfan10

Postby walkerfan10 » Tue May 17, 2016 12:45 pm

I love to read so I'll read just about anything. but I am really a Harlequin girl at heart. I'll read anything by anyone who writes a good love story.

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue May 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Nightmoves wrote:
JaneDoe wrote:Since I'm no longer watching GH...... I've got some time on my hands. Any good book suggestions? A series perhaps? I like suspense, comedy, I'm not opposed to YA or fantasy fiction. I'm not a fan of extremely sad or gushy romance. 8-)

I recently read James Patterson's 'Murder House' and it was pretty good. He's one of my favorite authors. I'm now reading 'Second Honeymoon' also by him.

I have read a few of his books, but it's been a while. I may have to revisit him, THANKS! 8-)

Return to “General Hospital”