Good Books

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
LiasonSteckyFan

Re: Good Books

Postby LiasonSteckyFan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Quote Vertigobarbie:
Quote LiasonSteckyFan: I have never been a fan of romance novels....never really given any "smut" novels a chance, might check out your recommendation Verti! I trust your good taste :-)

I hope I don't disappoint you. I've never been able to read Stephen King. I've tried to read his novels but I just can't get through them, so I gave up. Another author I can't read is Danielle Steele. To me all of her novels were exactly the same.

I love Christine Feehan's Dark Series and her Games series. She is one author I never get tired of.

I am sure I won't be disappointed it takes a lot for me not to finish a book mostly because I am so stubborn and I keep telling myself its bound to get better...Then I finish it and say that sucked :D

I don't like Danielle Steele either, my mother in law does though she tried to get me to read some of the books, but I didn't bother lol.

LiasonSteckyFan

Postby LiasonSteckyFan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:50 pm

I forgot a classic book that I loved!

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain!

Vertigobarbie

Postby Vertigobarbie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:01 pm

Quote LiasonSteckyFan: I forgot a classic book that I loved!

My favourite classic is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I've always been a romantic at heart.

LiasonSteckyFan

Postby LiasonSteckyFan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 pm

Quote Vertigobarbie:
Quote LiasonSteckyFan: I forgot a classic book that I loved!

My favourite classic is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I've always been a romantic at heart.

I love the Bronte sisters! :)

NYsunflower

Postby NYsunflower » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:10 pm

My favorite classic's are Pride and Prejudice and To Kill a Mockingbird. If I had had a daughter, I would have called her Scout.

LiasonSteckyFan

Postby LiasonSteckyFan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Quote NYsunflower: My favorite classic's are Pride and Prejudice and To Kill a Mockingbird. If I had had a daughter, I would have called her Scout.

I always wondered why Harper Lee never wrote any more novels after To Kill A Mockingbird.

Vertigobarbie

Postby Vertigobarbie » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:27 pm

Quote LiasonSteckyFan:
Quote NYsunflower: My favorite classic's are Pride and Prejudice and To Kill a Mockingbird. If I had had a daughter, I would have called her Scout.

I always wondered why Harper Lee never wrote any more novels after To Kill A Mockingbird.

I confess, I've never read the book but I loved the movie. Of course being a Gregory Peck fan how could I not like the movie.

NYsunflower

Postby NYsunflower » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Quote Vertigobarbie:
Quote LiasonSteckyFan:

I confess, I've never read the book but I loved the movie. Of course being a Gregory Peck fan how could I not like the movie.

The movie is very true to the book, but you should read it.

LiasonSteckyFan

Postby LiasonSteckyFan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:52 pm

Quote NYsunflower:
Quote Vertigobarbie:
Quote LiasonSteckyFan:

The movie is very true to the book, but you should read it.

For sure, the movie was very well done!

alikat

Postby alikat » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:19 am

Okay all you KEW fans, I'm just now starting the Flower and the Flame so I'll be ready to have a book discussion soon.

Return to “General Hospital”