Good Books

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
NYsunflower

Re: Good Books

Postby NYsunflower » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:08 am

Quote Vertigobarbie: Ali this is for you. :D

I went to get one of my KEW books and I couldn't find The Flame and the Flower or The Wolf and the Dove. Instead I found Shanna, so I'm reading it for the I forget how manyith time. The classics, you never get tired of them.

As for the book you are reading I'll have to check it out.

I posted this before, but it bears repeating. I think Shanna is the best romance novel ever written.. She is one of my favorite heroines. She's feisty, clever, and downright stubborn. No one is going to get the best of her. That mixed with her youth makes her very impetuous. Getting her into all kinds of trouble. Roarke is a wonderful hero. He too is young and impetuous, and very cocky. It's like the taming of the shrew. They manage to bring each other down a peg or two. Oh, I'm gonna have to pull it out and read it again!

Woodiwiss

Postby Woodiwiss » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 am

Quote NYsunflower:
Quote Woodiwiss: I must jump in and add my favorites. I am a(n) historical romance junkie. My fav's are narrowed down to 2 authors-

Kathleen E Woodiwiss--The Wolf and the Dove--Shanna--A Rose in Winter

Jude Devereaux---The Black Lyon---Velvet Promise---Highland Velvet---Velvet Song---Velvet Angel

These are old books from the 70's and 80's when I was reading 3/4 books a week but they are still in print. Love romance. That's why I watch soaps, for the love stories!!

I think we may have been separated at birth!
Romance novels are a pure guilty pleasure and one of the first romance novels I read was Kathleen Woodiwiss "Shanna" I think it is the best romance novel ever written. I also love her "Ashes in the wind"

My love of romance is also why I watch soaps.

Nice to hear from a fellow KEW fan. She was the best IMO. A quick story--I met one of my dearest friends on a KEW message board years ago. From sharing our love of KEW we are now the dearest of friends. Kathleen, my friend, wrote to Avon books about how much she loved and admired KEW. The publisher forwarded the letter to her and a few weeks later there was an autographed copy of Shanna and the most beautiful letter I have ever read from KEW in her mailbox. What a lovely lady she was and when I heard of her passing, I cried like one of my own family/friend had been taken. She was a beautiful person and it came thru in her lovely stories. I am so grateful she graced the literary world with her talents. She is truly missed. I shall never forget KEW and every chance I get, I try to spread the word of what is waiting for you on the pages of her novels. And Christopher Seton is positively my favorite romance hero.

NYsunflower

Postby NYsunflower » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 am

Quote Woodiwiss:
Quote NYsunflower:
Quote Woodiwiss: I must jump in and add my favorites. I am a(n) historical romance junkie. My fav's are narrowed down to 2 authors-

Jude Devereaux---The Black Lyon---Velvet Promise---Highland Velvet---Velvet Song---Velvet Angel

These are old books from the 70's and 80's when I was reading 3/4 books a week but they are still in print. Love romance. That's why I watch soaps, for the love stories!!

Romance novels are a pure guilty pleasure and one of the first romance novels I read was Kathleen Woodiwiss "Shanna" I think it is the best romance novel ever written. I also love her "Ashes in the wind"

Nice to hear from a fellow KEW fan. She was the best IMO. A quick story--I met one of my dearest friends on a KEW message board years ago. From sharing our love of KEW we are now the dearest of friends. Kathleen, my friend, wrote to Avon books about how much she loved and admired KEW. The publisher forwarded the letter to her and a few weeks later there was an autographed copy of Shanna and the most beautiful letter I have ever read from KEW in her mailbox. What a lovely lady she was and when I heard of her passing, I cried like one of my own family/friend had been taken. She was a beautiful person and it came thru in her lovely stories. I am so grateful she graced the literary world with her talents. She is truly missed. I shall never forget KEW and every chance I get, I try to spread the word of what is waiting for you on the pages of her novels. And Christopher Seton is positively my favorite romance hero.

I didn't realize she had passed. How sad. I can't remember what book Christopher Seton is from, can you refresh me?

Texas Sunflower

Postby Texas Sunflower » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:52 am

Quote Woodiwiss:
Quote NYsunflower:

Thank you for posting... I cries also.... like an aunt or member of the family - she wrote good romance stories about strong women... I fell in love with her...

I am enjoying the Janet Evonawich novels of Stephanie Plum now... she is really good... you might like them....

There are about 18 Stephanie Plum books out now... One For the Money is the first... (the movie didn't do it justice)

But it really gets exciting about book 6 or 7....

NYsunflower

Postby NYsunflower » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Quote Texas Sunflower:
Quote Woodiwiss:
Quote NYsunflower:

Thank you for posting... I cries also.... like an aunt or member of the family - she wrote good romance stories about strong women... I fell in love with her...

I am enjoying the Janet Evonawich novels of Stephanie Plum now... she is really good... you might like them....

There are about 18 Stephanie Plum books out now... One For the Money is the first... (the movie didn't do it justice)

LOVE Stephanie Plum!!! You're right, the movie really didn't do it justice, but I loved Kathryn Heigl as Stephanie. Sherry Shepherd and Debbie Reynolds were good too. I wish they had gotten Carrie Fisher to play the mother.

Texas Sunflower

Postby Texas Sunflower » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Quote NYsunflower:
Quote Texas Sunflower:
Quote Woodiwiss:
Quote NYsunflower:

LOVE Stephanie Plum!!! You're right, the movie really didn't do it justice, but I loved Kathryn Heigl as Stephanie. Sherry Shepherd and Debbie Reynolds were good too. I wish they had gotten Carrie Fisher to play the mother.

I wonder if it was a tight budget..... KH was good and so was Ranger but the actor (Fringe) was perfect as Morelli....

Woodiwiss

Postby Woodiwiss » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Quote NYsunflower:
Quote Woodiwiss:
Quote NYsunflower:

I didn't realize she had passed. How sad. I can't remember what book Christopher Seton is from, can you refresh me?

She passed in July 2007 after a long battle with cancer. Her son had passed a few months before that from the same cancer. Very sad.
But on a happier note, Christopher Seton/Lord Saxton was the hero of A Rose in Winter. One of her best, IMO.

NYsunflower

Postby NYsunflower » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Quote Woodiwiss:
Quote NYsunflower:
Quote Woodiwiss:
Quote NYsunflower:

She passed in July 2007 after a long battle with cancer. Her son had passed a few months before that from the same cancer. Very sad.
But on a happier note, Christopher Seton/Lord Saxton was the hero of A Rose in Winter. One of her best, IMO.

Thank you. I can't believe it, but I might have missed that one. The onset of menopause has ravaged my memory. Well, even if I have read it, it will seem like a new one.

Woodiwiss

Postby Woodiwiss » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Quote NYsunflower:
Quote Woodiwiss:
Quote NYsunflower:
Quote Woodiwiss:
Quote NYsunflower:

Thank you. I can't believe it, but I might have missed that one. The onset of menopause has ravaged my memory. Well, even if I have read it, it will seem like a new one.

Wh-wh-what?!?! You missed A Rose in Winter?? Get thee to a bookstore ASAP! One cannot be a KEW fan and not have read one of her best. You will love Christopher and Erienne from page 1. Guaranteed!

Texas Sunflower

Postby Texas Sunflower » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Quote Woodiwiss:
Quote NYsunflower:
Quote Woodiwiss:
Quote NYsunflower:

I loved each of her books.... but that was a good one also. The Flame and The Flower - her first - will always be my all time favorite...... but they are all good....
Young teens could read them.... romantic but not slutty - Need to read Rosemary Rogers for smut!!

Return to “General Hospital”