Favorite TV show that is not a soap

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
ghfanfare

Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:37 am

Merlin is back on Friday nights for those into fantasy shows. It's a little hokey but good. And it looks like they have a big budget this season. The sets and costumes are more elaborate than ever.

alikat

Postby alikat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:52 am

I love the show Blue Bloods and I follow Donnie Wahlberg on twitter. When the show went back to work after the holiday, he tweeted

Time to shave the mustache. There can only be ONE mustache on Blue Bloods.

I nearly pizzed myself laughing. Because Tom Selleck is SO

The Mustache !!!!!!!

anybeth22

Postby anybeth22 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Quote alikat: I love the show Blue Bloods and I follow Donnie Wahlberg on twitter. When the show went back to work after the holiday, he tweeted

The Mustache !!!!!!!

Lmao! I saw that too.

I really love Blue Bloods. It's very well written and the family is awesome.

anybeth22

Postby anybeth22 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Another show I like is New Girl. It's kinda ridiculous some times but for the most part it's pretty cute.

alikat

Postby alikat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Quote anybeth22:
Quote alikat: I love the show Blue Bloods and I follow Donnie Wahlberg on twitter. When the show went back to work after the holiday, he tweeted

The Mustache !!!!!!!

Lmao! I saw that too.

I was never a "boy band" fan. Of course at 41, New Kids on the Block were just after my age and Menudo was NOT something I was EVER going to like. I don't really care much for "pop" music anyway.

BUT, I have loved anything and everything Donnie Wahlberg has done since. He's been in some awesome movies.

And I just got the first season of Blue Bloods through ebay right before Christmas. I agree with you, the show is so well written and the family dynamics are truly awesome.

I must say, I was glad they worked through partners for Danny Regan because I wasn't warming up to the first two. This one, Jackie, is the perfect partner and I love Jennifer Esposito. <--- I predict a fling at some point. Especially after the episode where she was pretending to be the hooker and almost died. I thought he was going to kiss her in that room.

And, of course, I've been in love with Will Estes (Jaime Regan) since American Dreams tv show. <-- A show that never should have been cancelled.

anybeth22

Postby anybeth22 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:23 pm

Quote alikat:
Quote anybeth22:

The Mustache !!!!!!!

Lmao! I saw that too.

I was never a "boy band" fan. Of course at 41, New Kids on the Block were just after my age and Menudo was NOT something I was EVER going to like. I don't really care much for "pop" music anyway.

BUT, I have loved anything and everything Donnie Wahlberg has done since. He's been in some awesome movies.

And I just got the first season of Blue Bloods through ebay right before Christmas. I agree with you, the show is so well written and the family dynamics are truly awesome.

I must say, I was glad they worked through partners for Danny Regan because I wasn't warming up to the first two. This one, Jackie, is the perfect partner and I love Jennifer Esposito. <--- I predict a fling at some point. Especially after the episode where she was pretending to be the hooker and almost died. I thought he was going to kiss her in that room.

And, of course, I've been in love with Will Estes (Jaime Regan) since American Dreams tv show. <-- A show that never should have been cancelled.

I agree about Jackie. They work really well together. I hope they don't go romantic with them. 1) because I don't want it to ruin their working environment and 2) because I love the fact that he's married and loves his wife. So rare in drama tv. Very refreshing to see a committed couple that struggles but work through it. There was that line that a some creep asked Danny if he had a girlfriend on the side and said he should cause he'd love it and Danny came back with "try being married. You'll love it" or something in that regards. Anyway I thought it was an awesome line.

But I have noticed that Linda has been having a hard time with the danger of his job lately. I'm thinking they will split for awhile and it will go the Jackie/Danny route.

Now in regards to Will Estes... I LOVE HIM!!! I've loved him since I was a little kid and watching the new Lassie :) then he was on Kirk and then on American Dreams( I agree should not have been cancelled) and then Reunion. Recently he just did a movie, and I can't think of the name of it, but my gorgeous Christian Kane was also in it. Pretty good not great but watchable.

alikat

Postby alikat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Quote anybeth22:
Quote alikat:
Quote anybeth22:

The Mustache !!!!!!!

Lmao! I saw that too.

I agree about Jackie. They work really well together. I hope they don't go romantic with them. 1) because I don't want it to ruin their working environment and 2) because I love the fact that he's married and loves his wife. So rare in drama tv. Very refreshing to see a committed couple that struggles but work through it. There was that line that a some creep asked Danny if he had a girlfriend on the side and said he should cause he'd love it and Danny came back with "try being married. You'll love it" or something in that regards. Anyway I thought it was an awesome line.

But I have noticed that Linda has been having a hard time with the danger of his job lately. I'm thinking they will split for awhile and it will go the Jackie/Danny route.

Now in regards to Will Estes... I LOVE HIM!!! I've loved him since I was a little kid and watching the new Lassie :) then he was on Kirk and then on American Dreams( I agree should not have been cancelled) and then Reunion. Recently he just did a movie, and I can't think of the name of it, but my gorgeous Christian Kane was also in it. Pretty good not great but watchable.

Yeah, you know...it's highly possible that it will be Linda who cheats. Remember their "sex weekend" and Danny was so preoccupied with the case?...well maybe that's what will cause the split/troubles and Danny will have an oopsie.

One thing I know, I like the dynamics of those two as detectives so if something DOES happen, I want it to be one of those one time things and then they have to work together and we get to see that uncomfortable vibe...eventually, of course, it would/could come to a head if/when Jennifer Esposito leaves then they play it like she's in love with him and has been in love with him but respects his marriage...of course the whole next season is the work Linda and Danny would have to do to fix their marriage.

I don't know, just thinking out loud I guess.

anybeth22

Postby anybeth22 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 pm

Quote alikat:
Quote anybeth22:
Quote alikat:
Quote anybeth22:

The Mustache !!!!!!!

Lmao! I saw that too.

Yeah, you know...it's highly possible that it will be Linda who cheats. Remember their "sex weekend" and Danny was so preoccupied with the case?...well maybe that's what will cause the split/troubles and Danny will have an oopsie.

One thing I know, I like the dynamics of those two as detectives so if something DOES happen, I want it to be one of those one time things and then they have to work together and we get to see that uncomfortable vibe...eventually, of course, it would/could come to a head if/when Jennifer Esposito leaves then they play it like she's in love with him and has been in love with him but respects his marriage...of course the whole next season is the work Linda and Danny would have to do to fix their marriage.

I think it wil happen eventually and your way sounds good :)

Nikki needs her first boyfriend. It would be hilarious. Remember the double date that Erin spied on. Lol could you imagine the poor boy going to Sunday dinner with all of them.

I'm interested in Jamies mob story. Him getting beat up is just the start of the danger. It's gonna get good.

alikat

Postby alikat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Quote anybeth22:
Quote alikat:
Quote anybeth22:
Quote alikat:
Quote anybeth22:

The Mustache !!!!!!!

Lmao! I saw that too.

I think it wil happen eventually and your way sounds good :)

Nikki needs her first boyfriend. It would be hilarious. Remember the double date that Erin spied on. Lol could you imagine the poor boy going to Sunday dinner with all of them.

I'm interested in Jamies mob story. Him getting beat up is just the start of the danger. It's gonna get good.

Yeah and I hope that one Mayor's spokesperson or whatever she is, she's played by an old soap actress (Noelle Beck) becomes a love interest for Commissioner Regan. Actually, I'd like them to get an older actress. Have him find a woman his age. But with this woman, if it became serious, I could see a problem between her and Erin. Erin has been the one on Daddy's arm, going to dinner, taking care of him since her mother died. Now to have to step back and watch someone else not only take her place but her mothers? Hmmmm pretty big lump to swallow.

enad19

Postby enad19 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Ooohhh, this is a good topic!

My all time faves are:

Nurse Jackie
Once Upon A Time
Revenge
Ringer
Bones
A Game of Thrones
Shameless (US version)