Favorite TV show that is not a soap

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Nightmoves

Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Postby Nightmoves » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:35 pm

We started watching 'Wayward Pines' and it's pretty good, although everytime I see Matt Dillon I feel like yelling out "do it for Johnny" lol.

We also just watched the first episode of 'The Whispers' and it's pretty good too.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:38 pm

^^^I saw the ad for Wayward Pines on Hulu. It looked interesting. I'll have to try that one out.

I have been watching TURN on Netflix. It's about the American Revolution and how people got drawn into being spies for the freedom cause. It starts off a bit gory, but if you can get past that, it's really good!

mrssteveburton

Postby mrssteveburton » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:49 am

I love Sleepy Hollow.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:21 pm

Last night I was watching old episodes of Quantum Leap on netflix. Still like that show. I had the biggest crush on Scott Bakula, lol. I can see why. He was SUCH a cutie back in the day. Although he's still a nice looking guy.

On another note, I finished watching all episodes of Hart of Dixie. That was a fun show. Mostly lighthearted with lots of humor. A nice contrast to so many of the dark shows that are airing now.

The final episode was a bit lame but, oh, well, I guess they couldn't do much with the star being many months pregnant at the time.

So I am looking for a replacement. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. :)

ksmmm

Postby ksmmm » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:04 pm

I just started OnceUponATime on Netflix. I didnt think I would like it as much as I do. Also watched North and South (romance miniseries with RichardArmitage)and loved it.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Quote ksmmm: I just started OnceUponATime on Netflix. I didnt think I would like it as much as I do. Also watched North and South (romance miniseries with RichardArmitage)and loved it.

Loved North and South. Did you ever watch the British Robin Hood series from a few years ago? Richard Armitage was on that. He played a conflicted character. It was really good.

ksmmm

Postby ksmmm » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Quote ghfanfare:
Quote ksmmm: I just started OnceUponATime on Netflix. I didnt think I would like it as much as I do. Also watched North and South (romance miniseries with RichardArmitage)and loved it.

Loved North and South. Did you ever watch the British Robin Hood series from a few years ago? Richard Armitage was on that. He played a conflicted character. It was really good.

No,I will have to check that out.Thanks

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:18 pm

Quote ksmmm:
Quote ghfanfare:

No,I will have to check that out.Thanks

You're welcome. Some of it was kinda silly, but a lot of it was good.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:20 pm

Astronauts Wives Club starts tonight. I think it takes place in the 1960s. That looked like it might be fun.

Also, Sunday on PBS Masterpiece is Poldark. I remember a version of that on Masterpiece years ago that was really good. So I'll have to check this one out.

lunkaford

Postby lunkaford » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:18 am

Astronaut Wives...great soapy back stories

Return to “General Hospital”