Favorite TV show that is not a soap

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
anybeth22

Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Postby anybeth22 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:27 pm

Quote alikat:
Quote Nightmoves: I don't really watch that many TV shows, although we watch quite a few movies. My new favorite show is American Horrore Story I can't wait for the new season! I also like NCIS, Ghost Hunters and Dancing with the Stars.

i have a friend like you. She doesn't watch much tv. To the point that when she didn't have a roommate, she didn't even have cable tv. She said it wasn't worth the money for her because she rarely watched tv. She's single and she dog sits at peoples houses when they go out of town (like me last week) she said most people have DVR's nowadays and if there's a particular show she likes, she watches it on On Demand when she's dog sitting.

I would die, I think. :D

A few years ago I didn't have cable cause everything was online and I couldn't see paying for cable. But I'd always forget so I missed most shows. It ended up I stopped watching tv. But now that I live with my sis I've gotten addicted tv. It's so bad! I have a stack of books to read that I haven't touched :( lol I used to read a book a night now I can't read one in months. I blame tv :)

anybeth22

Postby anybeth22 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:33 pm

Quote alikat:
Quote theresao:
Quote alikat:
Quote theresao: Castle
Revenge
Once upon a time
Body of Proof
The Good Wife
Hawaii 50
NCIS
NCIS LA
CSI NY
Criminal Minds
The Mentalist
Person of Interest
The Big Bang Theory

Crap...Thanks to On Demand (and my DVR) I watch way too much TV. 8)

Oops forgot. Blue Bloods and Survivor and Chopped. Sheesh. I need to get a life :~

Oh, I forgot Castle. I love that show so much!!!!

And I like Hawaii 5-0 too.

theresao, I'm like you, I watch a lot of TV. Back before DVR's with taping nighttime shows and my soaps...I'd have to make a spreadsheet to figure out which vcr tapes which shows and when those tapes had to be exchanged. My hubby thought I was a kookball but also appreciated when we'd miss a night time show he liked and it was on tape.

Law & Order is an all time fav too. I watch every Saturday and Sunday on TNT

Alikat, L&O and L&O SVU are old favs as well. I also watch a lot of the shows on abc.com and cbs.com. I just take my laptop into whatever room I'm going to be working in and stream the shows. And now with my iPad i can get caught up on the road. That's really bad but since SO always wants to watch sports I have to watch "my shows" when I can.

I never got into SVU. My fav time of the day (like what I'm doing right noW) is TV on, Law and Order just ended so I'll turn on something on the DVR. Laptop in lap and I go back and forth between surfing/posting online, games like backgammon or solitaire and reading my book on my Kindle for PC.

I have watched tv on my iPhone through Netflix. I love History Channel and National Geographis for their Documentaries. Recently I watched America: The Story of Us and I have to say it was brilliantly done. From the Mayflower to the First Black President and everything in between, it was really good.

I love the history channel too. America was great. Like Alli said brilliantly done. I was able to work it into my 2nd graders history (not the violent parts). They really enjoyed it.

anybeth22

Postby anybeth22 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:34 pm

Quote fireball:
Quote anybeth22: Once Upon A Time
Leverage
Hart of Dixie
How I Met Your Mother
One Tree Hill
Modern Family
Revenge
Big Bang Theory
Grey's Anatomy
Blue Bloods

Also old shows I loved and always watch reruns of:

Angel
Firefly
Arrested Development
Friends

Love Heart of Dixie

It's addicting :)

PC_SALEM0106

Postby PC_SALEM0106 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:20 pm

As an avid watcher my favs are:
One Tree Hill
Chuck
Nikita
How I met your mother
2 broke girls
Criminal Minds
Glee
Dexter
Vampire Diaries
True Blood
Big Bang Theory

hayleedog

Postby hayleedog » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:09 am

CSI
The Closer
Mike and Molly
Two Broke Girls
Criminal minds
Hawaii five o
body of evidence
first 48
nfl

alikat

Postby alikat » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:56 am

Quote anybeth22:
Quote alikat:
Quote theresao:
Quote alikat:
Quote theresao: Castle
Revenge
Once upon a time
Body of Proof
The Good Wife
Hawaii 50
NCIS
NCIS LA
CSI NY
Criminal Minds
The Mentalist
Person of Interest
The Big Bang Theory

Crap...Thanks to On Demand (and my DVR) I watch way too much TV. 8)

Oops forgot. Blue Bloods and Survivor and Chopped. Sheesh. I need to get a life :~

Oh, I forgot Castle. I love that show so much!!!!

And I like Hawaii 5-0 too.

theresao, I'm like you, I watch a lot of TV. Back before DVR's with taping nighttime shows and my soaps...I'd have to make a spreadsheet to figure out which vcr tapes which shows and when those tapes had to be exchanged. My hubby thought I was a kookball but also appreciated when we'd miss a night time show he liked and it was on tape.

Law & Order is an all time fav too. I watch every Saturday and Sunday on TNT

Alikat, L&O and L&O SVU are old favs as well. I also watch a lot of the shows on abc.com and cbs.com. I just take my laptop into whatever room I'm going to be working in and stream the shows. And now with my iPad i can get caught up on the road. That's really bad but since SO always wants to watch sports I have to watch "my shows" when I can.

I never got into SVU. My fav time of the day (like what I'm doing right noW) is TV on, Law and Order just ended so I'll turn on something on the DVR. Laptop in lap and I go back and forth between surfing/posting online, games like backgammon or solitaire and reading my book on my Kindle for PC.

I have watched tv on my iPhone through Netflix. I love History Channel and National Geographis for their Documentaries. Recently I watched America: The Story of Us and I have to say it was brilliantly done. From the Mayflower to the First Black President and everything in between, it was really good.

I love the history channel too. America was great. Like Alli said brilliantly done. I was able to work it into my 2nd graders history (not the violent parts). They really enjoyed it.

You know, that's honestly what I thought. That the documentary was so well done, it should be required viewing by all American History students. (Older, like 10th grade or something because of the violent parts, like you said.)

alikat

Postby alikat » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:58 am

Quote hayleedog: CSI
The Closer
Mike and Molly
Two Broke Girls
Criminal minds
Hawaii five o
body of evidence
first 48
nfl

Ohhh I like First 48. I stream that on my iPhone through AT&T Uverse app. I listen to it at work.

alikat

Postby alikat » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:50 am

LOL...you know a lot of our favorite tv shows "that is not a soap" are in all actuality, a soap. :D

My ex used to call Wrestling "soap opera's for men" and he's not too far off the mark.

Even some of the reality shows are very much soap operas. Especially since we know that they are heavily scripted, they are more in the soap genre than any other television genre. Except maybe Survivor or Amazing Race or American Idol and those type "reality" shows. Although those are much less scripted than say...Jersey Shore, Bridezilla's, Housewives, etc...

KEY GIRL

Postby KEY GIRL » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:54 pm

THE GOOD WIFE IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOW ON TV

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:31 am

I'm an ABC girl through and through....

Desperate Housewives
Castle - My Favorite!
The Middle
Modern Family

I hate reality shows for the most part, but I like American Pickers, Pawn Stars, and Storage Wars. Guess I like seeing the value of random stuff, lol. My hubby has also got me hooked on Swamp People...... this show just cracks me up. Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives also interests me when nothing else is on.

Return to “General Hospital”