Favorite TV show that is not a soap

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
ghfanfare

Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Postby ghfanfare » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:45 am

otter1 wrote:I love all the shows from the UK that PBS airs:

Poldark was my absolute fave this past year.

But Dowton Abby, Grantchester and Indian Summers are all up there.

Btw, I've been watching a lovely series from the UK called The Indian Doctor. It's set in Wales and is about an NHS trained doctor from India who comes (with his wife) to settle and care for the folks of a small mining village. It's very charming.

I watched Poldark as well. So good. Way, way back in the day, that was like the very first Masterpiece series I ever watched. I loved it then but I think this new version is even better. :D

sjogirl

Postby sjogirl » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:34 pm

LOVE Grantchester, thank you so much for the post...I had not realized the 2nd season had started![/quote]

You are welcome. :D The latest episode...well, I don't want to give anything away, but the running story part of it was awesome.[/quote]

I watched it "on demand", loved it

jumps

Postby jumps » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Oh this is easy.

The Walking Dead is the BEST show on TV these days :!: :!: :!: :!:

LOST was a favorite when it was airing.

sillystring

Postby sillystring » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:33 pm

lunkaford wrote:Drama = Chicago Fire
Comedy = Last Man Standing

I love all the Chicago series. Chicago PD, Chicago fire and Chicago med..

I also love last man standing :D

centrd

Postby centrd » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Lucifer, by far, favorite tv show in a long time. It's a dramady, with a real message, a morality play with a comedic flair. Haven't really seen anything like it before. The writing is great, acting fantastic and the lead is the hottest male actor I've see in a tv role in a loooong time. Definitely check it out.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Fri May 27, 2016 12:52 pm

My favorite show right now is Turn. It is about the Culper spy ring during the American Revolution. It is written like a classic prime time soap with lots of intrigue, romance, twists, turns and cliffhangers. The characters are written as complex and flawed and presented as good, bad, and gray on all sides of the conflict.

The cast is excellent. The costumes, sets and scenery are wonderful and add an authentic feel. They even have me researching the history of the AR to see how much of it follows real events and people! Quite a bit of it, as it turns out. Yet they still manage to keep me on the edge of my seat, even though we all know the outcome!

Just a warning, though. There is graphic violence (I have to close my eyes) and sex. So it's not for kids.

walkerfan10

Postby walkerfan10 » Fri May 27, 2016 1:02 pm

centrd wrote:Lucifer, by far, favorite tv show in a long time. It's a dramady, with a real message, a morality play with a comedic flair. Haven't really seen anything like it before. The writing is great, acting fantastic and the lead is the hottest male actor I've see in a tv role in a loooong time. Definitely check it out.

Lucifer is pretty good. and dude is a stone trip.lolol I flove him but may absolute favorite show is Scandal

Return to “General Hospital”