Favorite TV show that is not a soap

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
alikat

Re: Favorite TV show that is not a soap

Postby alikat » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:47 am

Quote Nightmoves:
Quote alikat:
Quote Nightmoves: I forgot to mention that I like all the Chef Ramsay shows :)

He is AWESOME!!!

But I have to admit I had to stop watching his one show where he tries to save restaurants. I started having problems eating out at restaurants. I don't really WANT to know what happens in the kitchen of my favorite restaurants. I'd prefer to be blissfully ignorant and hope for the best. :D

Now I will watch the one he does in Europe. I don't know why that makes a difference. Maybe because I'm not there.

He is awesome I love him. As for eating out, many years ago I worked in the restaurant biz so nothing phases me!

Yeah, I did too in high school and college. It's just a thing for me.

Just like, my ex hubby and I used to watch all the National Geographic shows about the wild and stuff but then one night, we're eating steaks off the grill for dinner (I eat mine rare) and the Lions are ripping apart a gazzelle and that was it. No more Nat'l Geo during dinner. :D

BrendaJasonLovesAdam

Postby BrendaJasonLovesAdam » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Quote alikat:
Quote BrendaJasonLovesAdam: I was watching a jersey shore marathon, and one of the girls, told one of the guys, that "they should do sex." Like it's lunch. smh. It's trash, but I can't stop watching. But at least I know it. :D And knowing is half the battle-G.I. Joe.

I love old movies. In fact, I'm hooked on them. I like the fact that they don't rely on sex, violence, or special affects. Just good story telling and acting. Bette Davis is my fav by far!!! And after saying all that....I still love Jersey Shore.... 8) Weird, I know.

A movie I watch every time it's on is SPEED. And if it's on regular tv with commercials, I'll grab my DVD (or VHS if I'm upstairs) and watch without the commercials.

Old black and white movies don't hold my interest, but then I've never tried to give them much of a chance either. Except for the classic, The Wizard of Oz.

I've never even seen It's a Wonderful Life and that is a Holiday MUST SEE apparently.

They are the best! Mildred Pierce, The Old Maid(you would like that one), The Women(there are about 4 versions, the first one is my fav. 1939), Cat on a Hot Tin Roof(love this).........so many..You don't know what you are missing.... :D

ldeichmill

Postby ldeichmill » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:42 pm

NCIS
Bones
House
American Horror Story
The Mentalist
Pawn Stars

BrendaJasonLovesAdam

Postby BrendaJasonLovesAdam » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:36 pm

Quote ldeichmill: NCIS
Bones
House
American Horror Story
The Mentalist
Pawn Stars

I flove Pawn Stars....good show

AlyasMom

Postby AlyasMom » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:37 pm

reality tv is the NEW Soap operas, and I enjoy that hotmess a great deal :D

Mob Wives
The Real Housewives of....(Beverly Hills, NJ, Atlanta)
Love & Hip Hop

None soapy shows: Snapped (Love it)
Law & Order: SVU
True Blood( LOVE IT :D )
The Walking Dead (NEW FAV)
Amazing Race
Top Chef (or any cooking show)

But why all time fav will ALWAYS BE 'Felicity' :D That was the best show that hasnt been matched (IMO) since!
Loved me some Felicity and Ben :-) They were the best!

BrendaJasonLovesAdam

Postby BrendaJasonLovesAdam » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Quote AlyasMom: reality tv is the NEW Soap operas, and I enjoy that hotmess a great deal :D

Mob Wives
The Real Housewives of....(Beverly Hills, NJ, Atlanta)
Love & Hip Hop

None soapy shows: Snapped (Love it)
Law & Order: SVU
True Blood( LOVE IT :D )
The Walking Dead (NEW FAV)
Amazing Race
Top Chef (or any cooking show)

But why all time fav will ALWAYS BE 'Felicity' :D That was the best show that hasnt been matched (IMO) since!
Loved me some Felicity and Ben :-) They were the best!

What do you think about Chrissy?

dwja

Postby dwja » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:15 am

I am a big sports fan. I subscribe to both the NFL and MLB packages and watch Sportscenter on a daily basis.

Other than that

Revenge!!!
Hawaii 5-0
Modern Family
Suburgatory
House Hunters

BrendaJasonLovesAdam

Postby BrendaJasonLovesAdam » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:26 am

Quote dwja: I am a big sports fan. I subscribe to both the NFL and MLB packages and watch Sportscenter on a daily basis.

Other than that

Revenge!!!
Hawaii 5-0
Modern Family
Suburgatory
House Hunters

We do have something in common. ;) I love House Hunters, and I am a huge sports fan, and ESPN watcher. I watch pretty much everything, except hockey. Huge Football, Golf, Tennis, and Basketball fan. Teams: Philadelphia Eagles, Pittsburgh Steelers, Celtics, and the Heat. *Honorable mention-love Carolina Panthers, only because of Cam-huge Auburn fan*

LiasonSteckyFan

Postby LiasonSteckyFan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:47 am

There are only a few shows that manage to keep my attention for more than a season or two :)

Criminal Minds
Raising Hope
Republic of Doyle
Big Bang Theory

Honorable Mentions:
Trailer Park Boys
Dawson`s Creek

My all time favorite show is Golden Girls, I can watch the same episode 50 times and still burst out laughing!

If I had to pick a reality show it would be Chopped or Storage Wars ( I don`t know why I like it,I just do lol )

BrendaJasonLovesAdam

Postby BrendaJasonLovesAdam » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Quote LiasonSteckyFan: There are only a few shows that manage to keep my attention for more than a season or two :)

Criminal Minds
Raising Hope
Republic of Doyle
Big Bang Theory

Honorable Mentions:
Trailer Park Boys
Dawson`s Creek

My all time favorite show is Golden Girls, I can watch the same episode 50 times and still burst out laughing!

If I had to pick a reality show it would be Chopped or Storage Wars ( I don`t know why I like it,I just do lol )

Golden girls *sigh* Love it....I don't watch a lot of scripted shows, but I watch that one, and Friends....

Return to “General Hospital”