*It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
JaneDoe

*It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Postby JaneDoe » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:08 pm

a beautiful day for a neighbor.... won't you be mine. :D

Before anyone thinks I've gone off my rocker..... just wanted to say I've thoroughly enjoyed posting today! It's been a VERY long time since I've been able to say that. Discussions about Liz, Lucky, Robin, Sonny, Kate, etc.... and it's all been peaceful and enjoyable. There's not total agreement with everyone (which would be so boring), but there's respect and peaceful discussions that are not resorting to name calling and back and forth blaming. Refreshing! 3)

alikat

Re: *It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood*

Postby alikat » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Quote JaneDoe: a beautiful day for a neighbor.... won't you be mine. :D

Before anyone thinks I've gone off my rocker..... just wanted to say I've thoroughly enjoyed posting today! It's been a VERY long time since I've been able to say that. Discussions about Liz, Lucky, Robin, Sonny, Kate, etc.... and it's all been peaceful and enjoyable. There's not total agreement with everyone (which would be so boring), but there's respect and peaceful discussions that are not resorting to name calling and back and forth blaming. Refreshing! 3)

Now that song is stuck in my brain...

It's a neighborly day in this beautywood
a neighborly day for a beauty
would you be mine...
could you be mine...

I have always wanted to have a neighbor
just like you
i've always wanted to live in a neighborhood
with you

so

Let's make the most of theis beaUtiful day
When we're together
We might as well say...

would you be mine
could you be mine
won't you be my neighbor

Won't you please...
won't you please...
Please won't you be
my neighbor

*dress shoes and jacket off / sneakers and blue sweater on*

Hi boys and girls.

alikat

Postby alikat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 am

JD...this is a perfect thread to pull up when a thread has been a pleasant discussion and we just want to acknowledge all of the posters in that thread.

The Kate & Sonny "No Spoilers" thread is a very pleasant discussion between people who love them and don't love them.

And the best part...there's been nothing spoiled in it. :)

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:39 am

Quote alikat: JD...this is a perfect thread to pull up when a thread has been a pleasant discussion and we just want to acknowledge all of the posters in that thread.

The Kate & Sonny "No Spoilers" thread is a very pleasant discussion between people who love them and don't love them.

And the best part...there's been nothing spoiled in it. :)

I agree..... it's proof that it IS possible for people who are on opposite side to have a fun and respectful discussion. 3)

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:47 am

We were having a respectful convo in the Liz Opinion thread as well until someone had to bang the Sam is worse than Liz drum :~

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:54 am

Quote Nightmoves: We were having a respectful convo in the Liz Opinion thread as well until someone had to bang the Sam is worse than Liz drum :~

Agreed. Maybe it will continue the way it was started, but like most threads involving Liz and Sam..... my hopes aren't too high. :~

alikat

Postby alikat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Quote Nightmoves: We were having a respectful convo in the Liz Opinion thread as well until someone had to bang the Sam is worse than Liz drum :~

See and I felt the first crap was fired when Sam was alluded to and then "she's useless/she needs to be gone" was lobbed at Elizabeth.

Either way, hopefully it's gotten back to discussion instead of bash Elizabeth.

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Quote alikat:

See and I felt the first crap was fired when Sam was alluded to and then "she's useless/she needs to be gone" was lobbed at Elizabeth.

I don't really have a problem with character bashing as long as it's not nasty. The "she's such a wh@re" "all she's good for is s@x on the floor" yada, yada BUGS me and it's unnecessary. I think a thread about Liz that does not say "no bashing" would allow for someone to bash her, but I get where you are coming from. Some posters feel the need to insert their hatred of a character in practically every thread they post in and it gets OLD. ~) Simply sticking to a respectful discussion is much more enjoyable and a LOT less ~) worthy. 3)

alikat

Postby alikat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Quote JaneDoe:
Quote alikat:

I don't really have a problem with character bashing as long as it's not nasty. The "she's such a wh@re" "all she's good for is s@x on the floor" yada, yada BUGS me and it's unnecessary. I think a thread about Liz that does not say "no bashing" would allow for someone to bash her, but I get where you are coming from. Some posters feel the need to insert their hatred of a character in practically every thread they post in and it gets OLD. ~) Simply sticking to a respectful discussion is much more enjoyable and a LOT less ~) worthy. 3)

Exactly...I'm guilty of lowering myself to that standard on rare occasions. I speak my mind and don't hold back on my opinions but try to be mindful of the rules of the board and the "flow and feel" of the thread. To come on here solely to bait and bash seems like a waste of energy to me.

alikat

Postby alikat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Now, to get back to what this thread is about.

The Shawn/Carly thread is very very pleasant. There's two pros and one con in there but they all seem to be beautiful, fabulous, remarkable, wonderful posters.

:D :D :D

Return to “General Hospital”