Kimberly McCullough leaving GH

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.

Re: Kimberly McCullough leaving GH

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Quote GoodbyeHoppy: So Robin is out but Sam and her Honeymoon Rape Baby stays?

Seriously? >(

KMc decided to leave. KeMo won't leave the show. She'll stay until the end whenever that may be. Hate to burst your little bubble. You're obviously happy about the rumours about GH being cancelled. I hope karma comes back and bites you in the bum!

jl4ever

Postby jl4ever » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:26 pm

There was no need to bring back Lisa. GH could have had Matt's party on the boat and we see a drunk Robin stumble and fall off the boat into the water and she is the one rescued by the "mystery man" instead of Liz. The mystery man could have been Faison who ended up not only saving Robin's life, but fake her death until KMc decides she wants to come back to the show or not.

Afan77

Postby Afan77 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:46 pm

When I saw this thread my heart dropped. I have been a KM fan and robin fan ever since I started watching gh. I really hope they don't kill her off, that would b really low and disrespectful I feel to KM since she has grown up and basically dedicated her life to this show. If they kill her off they would have to do it in the most touching heartbreaking way ever. Her parents come back, great jason and Mac scenes, stone takes her into the light, she dies holding on to Patrick, it would have to be absolutely extraordinary. The only way I would let them kill her off is if the show ended. I still think they shouldn't kill her off keep the vets alive especially if the shows ending you want the vets to be around and able to come back.

SamuraiJediSentinelLord_M

Postby SamuraiJediSentinelLord_M » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:22 am

IMO, GH will kill two birds with one stone..

again, IMO Robin will be the one who killed Lisa

Devil-or-Angel

Postby Devil-or-Angel » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:29 am

I hate to see KMc go. Robin's been part of the show for so long now that I hope they don't kill her off but leave it open for her to return if she wishes to at some point.

And while I think the coma story would cover it that seems too obvious. What about just having her disappear (like Laura did so many years ago off the docks) no explanation, just a mystery that would not be solved until the shows end.

Or her learning her illness is getting worse and she chooses to leave her family so that they don't have to sit by her side and witness her slow death, only to be saved at the end.

Or her going off to help one of her parents find or save the other and somehow ending up being presumed dead (like they where for so many years after the boat explosion) only to return alive at the end?

But how ever they do it (write her out), I wish KMc nothing but the best.

Esther Marie

Postby Esther Marie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:52 pm

So, so very sad about this. KMc's Robin is the reason I started watching GH in the first place, and with her gone, I won't be watching any longer (that's not bashing or anything, so please don't take it as such; she's just my fav character and the reason I've kept up with GH on and off since I was 15). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the murmurings about "killing the character off" are just rumors, and the writers find a way to let her character go with plenty of room for a return if possible. *crosses fingers* Regardless, I wish Kimberly nothing but the best in her future directing endeavors! Thanks for the memories, KMc: Robin and Stone, Robin and Jason, and Scrubs! What a terrific actress!

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:16 am

She's a Scorpio...they have more than nine lives. The writers should not kill her off unless she decides to disappear with the help of some old friends and her family. Robert could easily pull this off.

The saddest thing about the character is that they turne dher into this helpless irrational person. Come on, she grew up with a spy mother, met and got to know her spy father, she was exposed to Luke, raised for several years under the roof of Duke the loving mobster and stood up to Carly and all others that crossed her path to be put into the role of some little whiny lump of a woman.

If she is going out, let her go out in style. IN a way that pays homage to the true character as a whole.

PowerPlay

Postby PowerPlay » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Quote dwja: Seeing KMc chose to leave I think it makes sense to kill the character off. Her and Patrick are happy and they have a child. What other way can she leave without either ripping the couple apart after they just reunited or making either Robin or Patrick look really bad in some way. It can always be done in a way that leaves some sort of mystery so she can return if she wants.

Well if the KM chose to leave they don't have to kill her characte off! Keep veteran characters on even if they are diff. actors...Stupid move by GH...

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:29 pm

Quote PowerPlay:
Quote dwja: Seeing KMc chose to leave I think it makes sense to kill the character off. Her and Patrick are happy and they have a child. What other way can she leave without either ripping the couple apart after they just reunited or making either Robin or Patrick look really bad in some way. It can always be done in a way that leaves some sort of mystery so she can return if she wants.

Well if the KM chose to leave they don't have to kill her characte off! Keep veteran characters on even if they are diff. actors...Stupid move by GH...

I'd rather Robin not be killed off either, but I'd dislike it even more if she were recast. :~ KM is the only person to ever play Robin..... she is irreplaceable at this point IMO.

playmate_cara

Postby playmate_cara » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Quote Devil-or-Angel: I hate to see KMc go. Robin's been part of the show for so long now that I hope they don't kill her off but leave it open for her to return if she wishes to at some point.

And while I think the coma story would cover it that seems too obvious. What about just having her disappear (like Laura did so many years ago off the docks) no explanation, just a mystery that would not be solved until the shows end.

Or her learning her illness is getting worse and she chooses to leave her family so that they don't have to sit by her side and witness her slow death, only to be saved at the end.

Or her going off to help one of her parents find or save the other and somehow ending up being presumed dead (like they where for so many years after the boat explosion) only to return alive at the end?

But how ever they do it (write her out), I wish KMc nothing but the best.

I like your idea of a exit storyline, either she is in a coma with the possibility of returning in the future. Of if they are going to kill off her character due to aids, then they bring back her parents and KS as maxie if she is able to come back. I would hope that if they are killing off the character that there is real emotion between her and patrick, patrick and mac, mac and maxie, mac and her parents. I am sure that the writers are not going to be able to write a heartbreaking storyline like the writers did with stone. I resolve to keep the faith that they just might blow our minds and going just as deep and just as good. It will be sad to see KMc leave, but I wish her all the best and I am sure that she will be a great director. I hope that the scenes between her and JT will be off the charts, I am so ready for the tears to start flowing. Like KMc today, she totally rocked it today.

Return to “General Hospital”