Kimberly McCullough leaving GH

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Go Away Sam

Re: Kimberly McCullough leaving GH

Postby Go Away Sam » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Quote dwja: Seeing KMc chose to leave I think it makes sense to kill the character off. Her and Patrick are happy and they have a child. What other way can she leave without either ripping the couple apart after they just reunited or making either Robin or Patrick look really bad in some way. It can always be done in a way that leaves some sort of mystery so she can return if she wants.

There's always the coma route. Put her in a deep sleep until the finale of GH and bring back Stone. Let them have some nice long scenes in which he finally tells her to go into the light but instead of the light meaning death, it means she finally wakes up with Patrick, Emma, Mac, Anna, and Robert(the last 2 are a pipe dream) standing by her bedside.

BrendaJasonLove

Postby BrendaJasonLove » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Quote Go Away Sam:
Quote BrendaJasonLove:
Quote Go Away Sam:
Quote BrendaJasonLove:
Quote Go Away Sam: Interesting to see if they kill her off(like so many other longtime characters) or if they let her leave and then bring her back for the finale.

rumor, not spoiler, that they are going to kill her off.

I can't say I'm surprised. The only satisfactory way to kill her off for me is if they give her a going into the light moment with Stone. Anything else would just be eh to me.

A lot of people were speculating on twitter, that it might be Aids related.

She's been on the show off and on for so long. It's going to be a sad day, even for someone like me who likes her at times and not so much other times.

I agree. It depends on the day, whether I like her or not. But she has been on and off since she was a child. I'm sad just thinking about it.

dwja

Postby dwja » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Quote Go Away Sam:
Quote dwja: Seeing KMc chose to leave I think it makes sense to kill the character off. Her and Patrick are happy and they have a child. What other way can she leave without either ripping the couple apart after they just reunited or making either Robin or Patrick look really bad in some way. It can always be done in a way that leaves some sort of mystery so she can return if she wants.

There's always the coma route. Put her in a deep sleep until the finale of GH and bring back Stone. Let them have some nice long scenes in which he finally tells her to go into the light but instead of the light meaning death, it means she finally wakes up with Patrick, Emma, Mac, Anna, and Robert(the last 2 are a pipe dream) standing by her bedside.

I hadn't thought of a coma. I could be good with that. Especially if we get more scenes with Stone!

I just don't want to see them either trash Robin or Patrick in order to give her an exit story. Like having her leave because Patrick cheats again or something.

Go Away Sam

Postby Go Away Sam » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Quote BrendaJasonLove:
Quote Go Away Sam:
Quote BrendaJasonLove:
Quote Go Away Sam:
Quote BrendaJasonLove:
Quote Go Away Sam: Interesting to see if they kill her off(like so many other longtime characters) or if they let her leave and then bring her back for the finale.

I can't say I'm surprised. The only satisfactory way to kill her off for me is if they give her a going into the light moment with Stone. Anything else would just be eh to me.

She's been on the show off and on for so long. It's going to be a sad day, even for someone like me who likes her at times and not so much other times.

I agree. It depends on the day, whether I like her or not. But she has been on and off since she was a child. I'm sad just thinking about it.

She's one of the few vets who gets decent airtime, a story here or there,connected to the hospital, and not entirely connected to the mob. She is pretty much the last of the old school GH.

Go Away Sam

Postby Go Away Sam » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Quote dwja:
Quote Go Away Sam:

I hadn't thought of a coma. I could be good with that. Especially if we get more scenes with Stone!

I just don't want to see them either trash Robin or Patrick in order to give her an exit story. Like having her leave because Patrick cheats again or something.

I just think killing her off would be lazy. It would be signaling that they have no idea how to write her off but not make her look like a bad wife, bad mother, or all around bad character. She could just have complications from when she got cut on the boat, maybe her immune system gets compromised(I have no idea about medical mumbo-jumbo) and her body becomes so weak that it shuts down. After so long(more like the finale), when all hope is gone she wakes up. There have been less stickier situations than this where dead people have come back.

BrendaJasonLove

Postby BrendaJasonLove » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Quote Go Away Sam:
Quote BrendaJasonLove:
Quote Go Away Sam:
Quote BrendaJasonLove:
Quote Go Away Sam:
Quote BrendaJasonLove:

She's one of the few vets who gets decent airtime, a story here or there,connected to the hospital, and not entirely connected to the mob. She is pretty much the last of the old school GH.

I think that's why I'm having a hard time with this one. Well said.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Quote AlyasMom: This is why GH is going to be cancelled soon, the writing is on the wall >( If Kim McCullough is leaving on her own then thats one thing, but to kill her character off says alot to the disregard TIIC has for its audience and fans >(
Why isnt Abby getting killed off? Or Lulu? Or Sam for that matter? Why do the veterans get such shabby treatment? Its not gonna hit close to home with anyone of you until its one of your favs getting fired or written outts character! First JJ and now KIM!!!! This is insane! DOWN WITH GH!!!! BOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! >( >( >(

I agree. They need to kill off Liz or Lulu, not Robin.

alissain

Postby alissain » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Wow, she's been on since she was a little girl..but I can see where she would want to spread her wings somewhat. I would rather see her recast (even tho there will never be another Kimberly playing Robin) rather than kill off the character. It seems all news is bad lately and all is going downhill. I would rather not hear about and just wait until it actually happens.

nurbaby

Postby nurbaby » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:33 pm

I hate to see Kimberly leave but how sad they couldn't ask her to stay til the end. We all know it will be off air by May or June.

GoodbyeHoppy

Postby GoodbyeHoppy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:42 pm

So Robin is out but Sam and her Honeymoon Rape Baby stays?

Return to “General Hospital”