Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
ghfanfare

Re: Random Thoughts and/or Questions (No Spoilers)

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 am

^^^It actually makes sense to me that tptb would bring back Jake. They need to generate ratings. I can pretty well guess they are hoping to bring back Jasam fans and boost ratings with the Jake/Sam reconnection.

At the same time, they are looking to retain Lake and Liz fans by giving them the Jake is alive angle. It would certainly give Elizabeth a reason to come back to reality and then Lake can continue to be in each other's orbit even if they are not together.

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:09 am

Quote Bizlet:

All joking aside did Lucky know Jake was Jason's I don't remember?

Yes.. he knew. They ALL agreed to let Lucky raise Jake as his own to keep him safe. It became more "known" by everyone else that Jason was Jake's bio father after he died. I guess there was no reason to keep it a secret anymore. Lucky was his father in every way that mattered. 3)

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:14 am

Quote ghfanfare: ^^^It actually makes sense to me that tptb would bring back Jake. They need to generate ratings. I can pretty well guess they are hoping to bring back Jasam fans and boost ratings with the Jake/Sam reconnection.

At the same time, they are looking to retain Lake and Liz fans by giving them the Jake is alive angle. It would certainly give Elizabeth a reason to come back to reality and then Lake can continue to be in each other's orbit even if they are not together.

I don't see how bringing Jake back will boost ratings. We also don't know if Sam and Jake will wind up together.

Do you think Liz has had a break with reality?

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:21 am

Quote Nightmoves:
Quote ghfanfare: ^^^It actually makes sense to me that tptb would bring back Jake. They need to generate ratings. I can pretty well guess they are hoping to bring back Jasam fans and boost ratings with the Jake/Sam reconnection.

I don't see how bringing Jake back will boost ratings. We also don't know if Sam and Jake will wind up together.

Do you think Liz has had a break with reality?

I think they are already showing a connection between Jake and Sam. If that brings in viewers, they will go for it.

Liz fans are disappointed with the way this story is going and apparently tuning out. Bringing back Jake could be a way to keep them watching.

As far as a break with reality, I didn't mean in the sense of mental illness. I meant it more in the sense of trying to keep the lie going indefinitely is unrealistic. Esp. on a soap. ;)

oltllover

Postby oltllover » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:58 am

All I'm saying is there were ulterior motives for killing Jake it was not just for storyline just like sending Michael to jail was all about the fact that fans were getting tired of all the violence that people were getting away with. Guza admitted to throwing Michael under the bus instead of making the actual criminals pay. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion just stating mine. As for Jake being alive it happens all the time on soaps. Jake dying was a very emotional and well acted story and bringing him back doesn't changed that just liked every other time a character has been killed off and then brought back later. I do agree that Jake being alive does not help Lake at all and if its OK to keep Jason away from Danny then Liz or anybody else has no right to expect little jake being alive is some sort of magic that will keep them together. #canthaveitbothways :)

Nightmoves

Postby Nightmoves » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:06 pm

I'm not convinced there were ulterior motives for killing Jake. As I said Liz still had two other children. I just don't believe they killed Jake because they were going to fire RH. I also don't believe they killed Jake so that Sam and Jason could have a child.

I don't get that people are tuning out because of the Liz story either. There are plenty of s/l's I do not like, some including characters that I like, and I never 'tune' out.

Jake coming back right now, just makes no sense to me. People saw him die, where has he been and why was he taken. What does he have to do with Frank Smith. Jake coming back now, does nothing to further the current s/l IMO.

If they must bring him back, maybe at some point in the future (with a darn good explanation), but right now it just seems disjointed, for loss of a better word, to me.

Bizlet

Postby Bizlet » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Quote oltllover: All I'm saying is there were ulterior motives for killing Jake it was not just for storyline just like sending Michael to jail was all about the fact that fans were getting tired of all the violence that people were getting away with. Guza admitted to throwing Michael under the bus instead of making the actual criminals pay. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion just stating mine. As for Jake being alive it happens all the time on soaps. Jake dying was a very emotional and well acted story and bringing him back doesn't changed that just liked every other time a character has been killed off and then brought back later. I do agree that Jake being alive does not help Lake at all and if its OK to keep Jason away from Danny then Liz or anybody else has no right to expect little jake being alive is some sort of magic that will keep them together. #canthaveitbothways :)

I totally agree if Jake is alive, then I don't see him being the glue to keep Jason and Liz together anymore than Danny will automatically reunite Jasam. If anything reunites Jasam it will be working for Michael to take down Nik.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:21 pm

^^^Not trying to convince you otherwise, but some of us do tune out. I know a number of Liz fans that tuned in for Lake and have already stopped watching because they do not find lying to your "true love" to be romantic. I know from being on the boards that quite a few Jasam fans stopped watching when SBu left as did Lante fans when JMB left.

Personally, I stopped watching GH for quite a while because I was tired of the mob stories. It was the change in regime that brought me back and it's been the better balance of cast and stories that keeps me watching now. I don't usually get stuck on just one character. Well, except maybe Johnny. :)

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Quote Bizlet:
Quote oltllover: All I'm saying is there were ulterior motives for killing Jake it was not just for storyline just like sending Michael to jail was all about the fact that fans were getting tired of all the violence that people were getting away with. Guza admitted to throwing Michael under the bus instead of making the actual criminals pay. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion just stating mine. As for Jake being alive it happens all the time on soaps. Jake dying was a very emotional and well acted story and bringing him back doesn't changed that just liked every other time a character has been killed off and then brought back later. I do agree that Jake being alive does not help Lake at all and if its OK to keep Jason away from Danny then Liz or anybody else has no right to expect little jake being alive is some sort of magic that will keep them together. #canthaveitbothways :)

I totally agree if Jake is alive, then I don't see him being the glue to keep Jason and Liz together anymore than Danny will automatically reunite Jasam. If anything reunites Jasam it will be working for Michael to take down Nik.

It won't keep them together but it will be a connection.

oltllover

Postby oltllover » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Quote Nightmoves: I'm not convinced there were ulterior motives for killing Jake. As I said Liz still had two other children. I just don't believe they killed Jake because they were going to fire RH. I also don't believe they killed Jake so that Sam and Jason could have a child.

I don't get that people are tuning out because of the Liz story either. There are plenty of s/l's I do not like, some including characters that I like, and I never 'tune' out.

Jake coming back right now, just makes no sense to me. People saw him die, where has he been and why was he taken. What does he have to do with Frank Smith. Jake coming back now, does nothing to further the current s/l IMO.

If they must bring him back, maybe at some point in the future (with a darn good explanation), but right now it just seems disjointed, for loss of a better word, to me.

If and that's a big if Jake is alive they will probably come up with the same kind of convoluted explanation they came up with for Robin that one still makes my head hurt but it wouldn't be the first time we "saw" someone die and then they were brought back. What doesn't fit for me right now is how this fits into Luke leaving and Lucky isn't sticking around so whath he brings Jake home and pats Aiden on the head and then goes on his merry way. I could see the set up being that Luke and Lucky go looking for him and that's how Luke leaves and it leaves a door open. We shall see.

Return to “General Hospital”