Dr. Patrick and SAM...wha??...SPOILERS

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
dwja

Re: Dr. Patrick and SAM...wha??...SPOILERS

Postby dwja » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Quote former-gher:
Patrick ad Sam are friends. It's perfectly reasonable that they would have a friendly conversation about personal matters.

Really?
How did that happen? I don't remember them throwing darts, or tossing back beers, or watching racing. Did she bring him coffee? Or Chinese food?

When did it happen? During her deaf days? Or when she had those headaches?

And what happened to her headaches? She almost blacked out while driving. Has she mentioned that to the OBGYN? Pregnancy might not be the best thing if she is prone to strokes. Why not ask her new best bud Patrick, the best neurosurgeon in the world, to run a quick MRI? OR doesn't her PI work allow her to afford health insurance? Times are tough.

How is she going to afford this uterus remodeling? That's elective surgery. Even great insurance won't cover that.

Let's just face it. Sam is the girl du jour. She will be featured in every single story and it won't make any sense. She is everybody's sloppy seconds. (We all know who should be the friend in whom Patrick and Robin confide, but that can't be because that character must be backburned so new fans don't realize she's been an integral part of the show for over a decade.)
And now Sam is going to have Jason's sloppy seconds child. That actually does makes sense, since that was how they met. She was pregnant and unwanted by Jax and Sonny (her who's the daddy story) and Jason was there to clean-up Sonny's mess, as usual.
It's pretty funny to me, a non-Sam fan, but I would think a true Sam fan would be upset that the girl doesn't get her own story - Like finding out who her father is ... where he is ...if he ever cared about her. A fully loaded soapy story just for her.

actually watching the show might make it so your little rants at least make sense. because you see sam was at the hospital having a follow up visit in regards to her concussion and headaches. pat said the scans were clear which i am going to assume means an mri was performed and sam did ask him if there was any reason for her not to try and have a baby and he told her that there wasn't any reason for her not to try and he actually wished her luck.

as far as sam having her own s/l, well i am much happier with a s/l about a baby with jason that they decide to have and make out of love than i would be about a s/l where she runs around town cheating on people, lying to everyone and constantly telling people they are the father of her children when they are not. but i guess that is just me.

i won't even address the sloppy seconds thing because to me it just sounds like someone being bitter. i am more than sure that if they get to have a child together jason will love the child and will be over the moon at having the chance to be a father to his own child.

former-gher

Postby former-gher » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Quote JessJess:
Quote former-gher:
Patrick ad Sam are friends. It's perfectly reasonable that they would have a friendly conversation about personal matters.

Really?
How did that happen? I don't remember them throwing darts, or tossing back beers, or watching racing. Did she bring him coffee? Or Chinese food?

And what happened to her headaches? She almost blacked out while driving. Has she mentioned that to the OBGYN? Pregnancy might not be the best thing if she is prone to strokes. Why not ask her new best bud Patrick, the best neurosurgeon in the world, to run a quick MRI? OR doesn't her PI work allow her to afford health insurance? Times are tough.

How is she going to afford this uterus remodeling? That's elective surgery. Even great insurance won't cover that.

Let's just face it. Sam is the girl du jour. She will be featured in every single story and it won't make any sense. She is everybody's sloppy seconds. (We all know who should be the friend in whom Patrick and Robin confide, but that can't be because that character must be backburned so new fans don't realize she's been an integral part of the show for over a decade.)
And now Sam is going to have Jason's sloppy seconds child. That actually does makes sense, since that was how they met. She was pregnant and unwanted by Jax and Sonny (her who's the daddy story) and Jason was there to clean-up Sonny's mess, as usual.
It's pretty funny to me, a non-Sam fan, but I would think a true Sam fan would be upset that the girl doesn't get her own story - Like finding out who her father is ... where he is ...if he ever cared about her. A fully loaded soapy story just for her.

Wow, hate much? If scrubs are not confiding in Liz, it is because she just lost her child. She needs time to greieve and morn her son. All soaps rotate the most popular characters in storylines. If Someone isn't getting the main stories it is usually because they are not the popular thing at the moment and that changes all the time.

But really sloppy seconds children? Is that what you think of children? That is really sad as many families have more than one child. So Cam is a sloppy second, Molly is a Sloppy second, and any other child not born first?

Here is an idea for you, find a show that the characters do exactly what you expect them to do in every situation and quit insulting children! Jess <all children are blessings from God reguardless of how they come into the world>

You do realize it's a show, right? These "children" are created on paper, grow years in months, and are killed with a stroke of the pen. I don't think their feelings are hurt, nor are their parent's feelings hurt because they are .... not real. You do get that right?

former-gher

Postby former-gher » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Quote dwja:
Quote former-gher:

Really?

actually watching the show might make it so your little rants at least make sense. because you see sam was at the hospital having a follow up visit in regards to her concussion and headaches. pat said the scans were clear which i am going to assume means an mri was performed and sam did ask him if there was any reason for her not to try and have a baby and he told her that there wasn't any reason for her not to try and he actually wished her luck.

as far as sam having her own s/l, well i am much happier with a s/l about a baby with jason that they decide to have and make out of love than i would be about a s/l where she runs around town cheating on people, lying to everyone and constantly telling people they are the father of her children when they are not. but i guess that is just me.

i won't even address the sloppy seconds thing because to me it just sounds like someone being bitter. i am more than sure that if they get to have a child together jason will love the child and will be over the moon at having the chance to be a father to his own child.

Bitter? Not about a storyline, but sure I'm a little bitter that soaps are being canceled. I'm bummed that Elizabeth's big story is a non-story because the actress was supposed to be axed. That is probably why she is not a player in the Patrick/Robin story right now. But since I've been watching soaps for over 30 years I do understand that not every character is featured in every story. Unless it's Jason.
But the point of what I was saying, which you and the other responder missed, is Sam doesn't have her own story and her fans don't seem to be upset by that. That surprises me. But if it doesn't matter to Sam fans, than so be it.

You did out me on one thing. I missed yesterday's show. I have real life things, that once in a while take me away from my daily task of watching GH. That's what being loyal is. I know that's an old-fashioned concept, but loyalty is what makes us complain about the show and yet continue to watch. We think it can be better, we want it to be better, and we hold out hope it will be better.

So you aren't bitter that the Sam and Jason baby story that should have happened years ago is finally coming to fruition because his other child died? I'd be a little pissed about that, if I were a Sam fan. But I'm not. So I find it funny. Not bitter. I'm laughing at how pitifully obvious the agenda is.

Kemofan2k11

Postby Kemofan2k11 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Quote former-gher:
Quote dwja:
Quote former-gher:

Really?

Bitter? Not about a storyline, but sure I'm a little bitter that soaps are being canceled. I'm bummed that Elizabeth's big story is a non-story because the actress was supposed to be axed. That is probably why she is not a player in the Patrick/Robin story right now. But since I've been watching soaps for over 30 years I do understand that not every character is featured in every story. Unless it's Jason.
But the point of what I was saying, which you and the other responder missed, is Sam doesn't have her own story and her fans don't seem to be upset by that. That surprises me. But if it doesn't matter to Sam fans, than so be it.

You did out me on one thing. I missed yesterday's show. I have real life things, that once in a while take me away from my daily task of watching GH. That's what being loyal is. I know that's an old-fashioned concept, but loyalty is what makes us complain about the show and yet continue to watch. We think it can be better, we want it to be better, and we hold out hope it will be better.

So you aren't bitter that the Sam and Jason baby story that should have happened years ago is finally coming to fruition because his other child died? I'd be a little pissed about that, if I were a Sam fan. But I'm not. So I find it funny. Not bitter. I'm laughing at how pitifully obvious the agenda is.

So I guess that makes Jake Elizabeth's Sloppy second considering he was only conceived when she was hurting over Lucky and Jason was hurting over Sam?

Maybe that's the realy bitterness here to know that unlike Jake this child would be planned and conceived in love? Hmm I wonder.

Devil-or-Angel

Postby Devil-or-Angel » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Quote Kemofan2k11:

So I guess that makes Jake Elizabeth's Sloppy second considering he was only conceived when she was hurting over Lucky and Jason was hurting over Sam?

Maybe that's the realy bitterness here to know that unlike Jake this child would be planned and conceived in love? Hmm I wonder.

It would definitely qualify in my book. After all liz herself was a sloppy second; Jason only slept with her that night because of what he saw.

So anything that came from that hook-up would be too...
;)

JessJess

Postby JessJess » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:27 am

It's pretty funny to me, a non-Sam fan, but I would think a true Sam fan would be upset that the girl doesn't get her own story - Like finding out who her father is ... where he is ...if he ever cared about her. A fully loaded soapy story just for her.[/quote]

Wow, hate much? If scrubs are not confiding in Liz, it is because she just lost her child. She needs time to greieve and morn her son. All soaps rotate the most popular characters in storylines. If Someone isn't getting the main stories it is usually because they are not the popular thing at the moment and that changes all the time.

But really sloppy seconds children? Is that what you think of children? That is really sad as many families have more than one child. So Cam is a sloppy second, Molly is a Sloppy second, and any other child not born first?

Here is an idea for you, find a show that the characters do exactly what you expect them to do in every situation and quit insulting children! Jess <all children are blessings from God reguardless of how they come into the world>[/quote]

You do realize it's a show, right? These "children" are created on paper, grow years in months, and are killed with a stroke of the pen. I don't think their feelings are hurt, nor are their parent's feelings hurt because they are .... not real. You do get that right?[/quote]

Your right they are not real. My bad. ~) If you don't like Sam or Jason or Liz or Jake, I don't really care. Heck go kick some puppies if you really want to but to post that a kid is sloppy seconds is just rude. Fake or not it represents a child born to partents who have previously concieved.

Besides Spinelli name one character that is not someones second relationship? They are sloppy 2nds 3rds 4ths.......................

aussie-gal

Postby aussie-gal » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:51 am

Speaking of 'sloppy seconds'. We could say that about Liz.

1. She was sloppy second to Zander - he was in love with Emily.

2. She was sloppy second to Jason - he was in love with Sam (and still is).

3. She was sloppy second to Nikolas - he was in love with and grieving over Emily.

There you have it ladies & gentleman. The Queen of Sloppy Seconds - LIZ!!!!!

alissain

Postby alissain » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:22 am

I don't want to go on a religious rant here, but all human beings are a miracle, regardless of how they are created - whether planned or accident, in a lab, during a hook up, etc. Each of us has a soul and are equal in God's eyes.

WickedAngel

Postby WickedAngel » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:31 am

Quote former-gher:

Really?

And now Sam is going to have Jason's sloppy seconds child.
That actually does makes sense, since that was how they met. She was pregnant and unwanted by Jax and Sonny (her who's the daddy story) and Jason was there to clean-up Sonny's mess, as usual.

Why is it so hard for some to have a conversation without bringing up UNFACTUAL points and pushing their own agendas?

Like the bolded above. I read Cat's blog as well and NO WHERE in her blog did she name names as to WHO Frons Girl du jour was. And if we were all honest and put down our own hatred/jealousy it would make more sense to come to the conclusion that said girl is VM, due to the fact that it is PUBLIC knowledge they paid a hefty price for her. (And that is not a dig at VM or Brenda, as I was one who was happy she came back, although I am not happy with "who" appeared on my screen. - but that is another topic)

And if you WATCHED the show instead of reading fan fic, you would know that Sam and Jason wanted a child together LONG before Liz and Jason took comfort in each other and accidentally got pregnant with Jake. Not only that, but if you want to talk sloppy seconds then Liz actually had sloppy 4ths (Michael is Jason's first son, not biologically, but he loves him as his own and treats him like his own. Then there was Courtney's child that they lost and then Lila, the 2nd child Jason lost which was Sam's child. Which puts Sam in line before Liz - and to be honest as I type this explanation it is just as petty as your jab, but I will leave it show my own growth.)

As for Liz being “backburnered” she has been for a LONG time now, so what is the difference? So it’s Sam’s/Kemo’s fault? I think not. And AGAIN, let’s look at the facts. They fired RH and then hired her back 1 month later after most of these scenes were already taped. And it was publicized that she was going to leave with a bang – but since that isn’t happening they probably had to edit out her scenes, because it wouldn’t make sense now. And if I remember correctly your girl was on a few times last week and this week, and as a non-liz fan, I REALLY enjoyed her scenes. Her and Maxie were great together (if you were watching you would have seen that and your little RANT may have made more sense to those of us who ACTUALLY WATCH) And Sam and her were great together as well. Watching her struggle with telling the paternity secret to Lucky and Nik – as this time you can tell she wants to do the right thing, but she also doesn’t want to destroy the fragile bond Lucky and Nik have reformed after all the lies and hurt, caused by BOTH her and Nik. And she is REALLY struggling with it.

You would also have to WATCH to see that yes, Patrick and Sam are friends. She has talked to him a few times about what happened with him and Robin. Not BFF’s, but friendly. And just out of curiosity, where you THIS worked up and taking jabs at Krissy, Robin and Patrick, when out of NO WHERE she started looking after Emma? Because out of the 2 scenarios THAT one is a lot more Random. But I already know that answer to that question, you hate Sam are VERY vocal about it and like to find ways to vent your hatred. To each his her own. :)

But at the end of the day this is a tread about SAM and PATRICK, not LIZ.

ransomha

Postby ransomha » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:39 am

Quote alissain: I don't want to go on a religious rant here, but all human beings are a miracle, regardless of how they are created - whether planned or accident, in a lab, during a hook up, etc. Each of us has a soul and are equal in God's eyes.

YES! Totally agree, great post...( Happy Easter!)

Return to “General Hospital”