BASHAPALOOZA Thread. NO PRAISING

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
hollienoelle

Re: BASHAPALOOZA Thread. NO PRAISING

Postby hollienoelle » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:09 pm

Quote anybeth22:
Quote Devil-or-Angel: When is Liz leaving to go visit her sister? I can't wait to be free of this boring pointless character who does nothing but whine, cry and blame others for everything that goes wrong with her life!

If we are really lucky she will decide to stay there (wherever there is) until the next time she is needed. She can just call her Gram from time to time so check up on the kids and then in two years or so, when it's time for her to have her next illegitimate kid and not know who the father is (that is her M.O.) she can come back to town to do what she does best....sleep around!

I loved this bashing thread!
:D

DoA how can you say Lizzie is pointless? Someone has to sit by the bedside of the elderly sick people at the hospital. And whenever one of the men in PC needs a new love interest they will need Lizzie. And of course she's providing the next generation of PC. So you can clearly see that she has a purpose on the show.

AB.... I love u! LOL!

jasamluv10

Postby jasamluv10 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Quote hollienoelle:
Quote anybeth22:
Quote Devil-or-Angel: When is Liz leaving to go visit her sister? I can't wait to be free of this boring pointless character who does nothing but whine, cry and blame others for everything that goes wrong with her life!

If we are really lucky she will decide to stay there (wherever there is) until the next time she is needed. She can just call her Gram from time to time so check up on the kids and then in two years or so, when it's time for her to have her next illegitimate kid and not know who the father is (that is her M.O.) she can come back to town to do what she does best....sleep around!

DoA how can you say Lizzie is pointless? Someone has to sit by the bedside of the elderly sick people at the hospital. And whenever one of the men in PC needs a new love interest they will need Lizzie. And of course she's providing the next generation of PC. So you can clearly see that she has a purpose on the show.

AB.... I love u! LOL!

LOL AB DOA i love u too!! and i agree ;)

anybeth22

Postby anybeth22 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Quote jasamluv10:
Quote hollienoelle:
Quote anybeth22:

AB.... I love u! LOL!

And I totally agree on you agree. I love me and DoA :)

Devil-or-Angel

Postby Devil-or-Angel » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:27 pm

Quote anybeth22:

My bad...of course she is providing a much needed service to the men of PC. She is single handedly ensuring that they all have someone to carry on their names!

Just not sure what the heck those names will be...
Let's see there is one Webber, one Spencer and (currently) one Cassadine...with I'm sure many more to come! She is averaging one every two/three years...so she could end up with a dozen or so....is there even that many men in PC?
:-)

jasamluv10

Postby jasamluv10 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:28 pm

Quote anybeth22:
Quote jasamluv10:
Quote hollienoelle:
Quote anybeth22:

AB.... I love u! LOL!

And I totally agree on you agree. I love me and DoA :)

LMAO!

really241

Postby really241 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:38 pm

As many have pointed out since this IS a bashing thread then I guess I will have at it...

Liz is pointless was pointless with ric, lucky, (the second, third, fourtH, fifth time around) was pretty decent the first time but liz has always bored me her character she is just very vanilla and bland, with Lucky the first time around she was tolerable but nothing to brag about, was pointless (and boring) with zander, Jason - HA! :-) , and this whole nik debacle is again proving just how pointless this character is....this entire sl is pointless and stupid this was supposed to get the spencer cassidine feud going by trying to recreate a sl that was similar to luke, laura and stavros except nik wasnt as batshyt crazy as stavros and lucky is, well..... just lucky...and liz is just filling a space I could of bought the sl and the conflict if it was another woman in the middle that would of kept my interest...maybe if they would of brought Gia back??? she was a spicy one!

Sonny seriously needs to stop trying to get into everyones pants its getting old and while we all know that he can look at someone and make them pregnant he has enough screwed up kids..the only one that remotely normal is morgan and thats bc jax raised him...

Carly needs to stfu...(fyi told you I would get tired of her antics) grow up and quite trying to take every down who you feel wronged you! how about you focus on your children, lets see theres michael who just got out of jail and is dealing with some serious right now...there is her baby who is..well a baby so enough said on that one and then there is morgan who is as close as normal as any one of sonny and carly's kids will ever be....

Lulu glad to see you pulling your head out of dante's hind parts bc it is about freaking time....

Dante shut the eff up! bc lets be honest you are fighting so hard to prove you are nothing like your father when in reality the anti sonny crap is a just that crap! he is so much like sonny it is crazy....

lucky...please just shave!

Lisa...your a nutt in a hut! can someone please put this broad in shady brooke...welll, I take that back maybe send her to a looney bin where they actually help people get better. Liz went to shady brook and we all see how well that turned out..she got out and immediatly emotionally attached herself and all of her baggage to her patient and spilled her guts every chance that she got to a woman who was going to die but that measly piece of information took a backseat to all of liz's problems bc well she is liz and apparently it is okay for her to do that.... ~)

Lets....seee who else...oh Patrick since I am bashing Lisa it is only fair that I bash you too.....STOP LISTENING TO COLEMAN AND CARLY! first of all neither of them have the best track record in having a relationship and secondly who in their right mind whould take advise from Carly of all people anyway...the only thing that carly needs to be concerned with is where her children are....Has anyone asked about any of her children other than michael in the last few episodes?????? Stop being a jerk, and man up and tell Robin the truth!

almostgrad

Postby almostgrad » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:54 am

Like really said, this is a a bashing thread, so here it goes...

Sonny - Go back to Bensonhurst! And quit being the spermanator! You can't keep track of the kids you have now.

Claire - See the Sonny comment (um, regarding the kids. I know she's not from Bensonhurst)

Lucky - Lose the facial hair. The boy band days are over. The facial hair makes you look like an overly hormonal teenager.

BrookLyn - Please don't ever sing again.

Liz - Go visit your sister & come back the character I used to know & love.

Robin - Lose the control issues

And finally...saving the best for last!

Sam - Where do I even begin! I used to be a Jason/Sam fan during their heyday, but I gotta tell you, my ship has sailed. I want to see the Sam that stood up to Jason and no-hold-barred told him off for the whole Liz/Jake sit. (you know, that infamous "I Will Kill You" scene). I loved her during that scene! How many people can go head-to-head with an irrate/glacial staring Jason Morgan & still be convinceable. She was in his face, no apologies, I'm right-you're-wrong, d*** you to h***! THAT'S the Sam I want back, not this simpering, whining, taking-Tammy Wynette-Stand-By-Your-Man-ad-nauseum-to-a-whole-new-level, Sam. The Sam that she was when she was with Jax and even with Sonny is better than what she is now. I liked the Sam we saw with Lucky (GV's Lucky, obviously). Even though I hated it at first, I soon became a LuSam fan. Great chemistry, & I loved the fact that their relationship (as brief as it was) wasn't all about him. It was actually more about her and her strengths & what she could bring to the relationship. She wasn't following Lucky around like a some stupid pet. Bring back the more independent, strong, take no prisoners Sam, and I'll be a fan again.

genhospchat

Postby genhospchat » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:23 pm

Quote almostgrad: Like really said, this is a a bashing thread, so here it goes...

Sonny - Go back to Bensonhurst! And quit being the spermanator! You can't keep track of the kids you have now.

Claire - See the Sonny comment (um, regarding the kids. I know she's not from Bensonhurst)

Lucky - Lose the facial hair. The boy band days are over. The facial hair makes you look like an overly hormonal teenager.

BrookLyn - Please don't ever sing again.

Liz - Go visit your sister & come back the character I used to know & love.

Robin - Lose the control issues

And finally...saving the best for last!

Sam - Where do I even begin! I used to be a Jason/Sam fan during their heyday, but I gotta tell you, my ship has sailed. I want to see the Sam that stood up to Jason and no-hold-barred told him off for the whole Liz/Jake sit. (you know, that infamous "I Will Kill You" scene). I loved her during that scene! How many people can go head-to-head with an irrate/glacial staring Jason Morgan & still be convinceable. She was in his face, no apologies, I'm right-you're-wrong, d*** you to h***! THAT'S the Sam I want back, not this simpering, whining, taking-Tammy Wynette-Stand-By-Your-Man-ad-nauseum-to-a-whole-new-level, Sam. The Sam that she was when she was with Jax and even with Sonny is better than what she is now. I liked the Sam we saw with Lucky (GV's Lucky, obviously). Even though I hated it at first, I soon became a LuSam fan. Great chemistry, & I loved the fact that their relationship (as brief as it was) wasn't all about him. It was actually more about her and her strengths & what she could bring to the relationship. She wasn't following Lucky around like a some stupid pet. Bring back the more independent, strong, take no prisoners Sam, and I'll be a fan again.

I agree with everything you said and I wouldn't even mind Sam staying on the show if they would make her the b!tch again and was with someone else and more about her family.

I hope when BH comes back from mat leave that she comes back as the Liz she used to be. Having her around Lucky makes her wimpy. Get her away from him and bring back the of five years ago. She is a LEGACY character, she should ACT like it and her kids are ALL legacy characters by the 4 legacy families (Webber, Hardy's, Quartermaine, Spencer) so she should be more out there, not have her looking like a jerk all the time.

Kaykaysmom

Postby Kaykaysmom » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Sonny, Sonny, Sonny, he plants a car bomb that nearly kills his daughter, has someone killed so that he can frame Johnny, and people still like him???? really? I just don't get it. He disgusts me. Okay sometimes I love to hate him, but recently its just hate.

Charming the Flame

Postby Charming the Flame » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Quote almostgrad:

I fLOVE this post almost as much as I love that my hubby's gotten his 8-pack back and I can wash clothes on his abs!!! (not that I waste my time doing laundry on the man! LOL rather get him dirty!)

I was so open to Sam when she came on board. Thought the actress was attractive and the description of the character was intriguing. Then they put her from man to man and the charater just never seemed to stick or hold up under the larger mob personalities.

I didn't actually become a fan till she started being strong. I don't care that she got in Elizabeth and Jason's bizness. In fact, her evil antics made it that much more fun to watch.

I think the show screwed up. Once they found the actors strong suit they should have played up to it. The problem with the mob being central is the bad guys HAVE to die eventually or Sonny looks weak.

Here is the thing with Sam, though, she could theoretically have enough on Jason/Sonny to keep herself alive. And because she was/is a con, she could manipulate others to do her dirty work... She could be their nemesis and yet be softened up with a love interest... Sam could have inhabited this wonderfully wicked and rare place somewhere between law abiders (her family) and sticking it to the mob (or just plan running scams like on Jax Industries or the Q's) and the PCPD.

What a waste of a potentially great character.

Return to “General Hospital”