GH Fan only - no character bashing please

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
asiangal

Re: GH Fan only - no character bashing please

Postby asiangal » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:57 pm

sharing this blog post from Angelique

GH:
THE BABYSITTER’S CLUB

Let’s start with the kids…

Michael is a hot-headed, impulsive and angry kid with a huge amount of guilt over the murder he committed, and an incredible sense of loyalty to the father who adopted him. All of those issues in and of themselves can be a problem for a kid that age, but put them all together and it makes for an explosive situation that requires constant adult supervision. Luckily, Jason has never really graduated from The Babysitter’s Club and is able to try to keep Michael from running down to the courtroom to save his father’s ass from the slammer. Jason explains the semantics of the Family Business to Michael. It’s Jason’s job to protect Sonny, it’s Sonny’s job to protect Michael. Michael has a hard time grasping that line of reasoning, but agrees to stay put for the time being, even when Jason has to hand off his babysitting shift to Max, who looked to be a little afraid of his charge. Lucky for Max, Kristina comes in and provides much-needed reinforcement in the form of a distraction. I heard Max’s sigh of relief from here.

Speaking of Kristina, she just reinforces my belief that only prayer and my own record of being a really good daughter (okay, sister, so ‘88 wasn’t by best year ;P) can get us through raising two daughters, one of whom is Kristina’s age. My goodness, that girl is just a hot mess! It seems that every time I turn around, Kristina is in the middle of another boy-related mishap. Daddy issues should never be underestimated! This poor girl is looking for love in all the wrong places, and what girl with daddy issues hasn’t? It’s par for the course, and to be expected. Which is why Alexis’ cluelessness really gets under my skin. Alexis should be able to recognize the signs and see the red flags! But no, she is completely in the dark about the fact that Kristina is learning how to keep a “poker face” at Kelly’s with a much older guy. Thankfully, Big Sister Sam is a much better babysitter than good old Viola, and steps in just in time.I loved how Sam moved right in there, observed both sides, and saw what was right in front of her. How cute was her back and forth with Kristina? I have to say, Michele Val Jean did a fabulous job of writing those scenes! Such nice moments. It was great how Sam opened Ethan’s eyes to Kristina’s crush, and to his part in feeding it. She was fierce about protecting her little sister, but appreciative of Ethan’s concern. Too bad Ethan doesn’t understand the meaning of “dial it down a little bit”, and totally turns it OFF on Kristina so fast that it made her head spin… and left her looking in the very direction of concerned and well-meaning Big Sis Sam! Of course, Kristina is hurt and angry and she comes at Sam slinging mud. As sticky as that situation was, I was even impressed with how Sam handled that. Telling Kristina, once and for all, that she was an adult when she entered that relationship was the only point that mattered. Kristina is not an adult, and therefore, the situations cannot be compared. Still, Sam was hurt that Kristina was angry with her, but she was willing to hurt her in order to protect her. That’s what love does.

While Alexis was not sitting her troubled teen, she was also part of the Babysitter’s Club. She and BFF Diane were babysitting Sonny. “Don’t wear that”, “Sit this way”, “Wipe that look off your face” and “What are you doing?” are all the phrases babysitters find themselves saying a dozen times on any given job. Sonny is in danger of sitting in prison for the rest of his life, and thanks to the new Federal Prosecutor, he’s in danger of sitting there much sooner than expected. While that is not funny, the interaction between Sonny and his Dream Team never ceases to be. Even in the most serious of moments, I find myself chuckling. Diane and Alexis are so individually uptight and hard-assed, that together, they are just a riot! I am looking forward to how this trial plays out, and all of the storyline to come out of it. Dante, Michael, Kristina, Jason, Sam, Carly, Jax, Morgan, the list of characters affected by Sonny’s trial goes on and on. Babysitters Unite!

Someone in desperate need of adult supervision is Dr. Patrick Drake. His tantrum at the hospital yesterday warranted nothing less than a time out. Robin was right when she said he may as well have pulled her out of Dante’s room by her hair! Patrick has issues, but I’m not at all sure that at least part of his frustration didn’t have something to do with his fear of being “whipped already” while his former flame is still steaming up the joint wherever she goes. Certainly Patrick should be concerned about Robin’s allegiance to Sonny, he is after all a mobster. But it wasn’t that long ago that Patrick seemed totally fine with Robin going to confront a gun-toting, threat-making mobster also known as her former lover. Just sayin…I wouldn’t leave Patrick unattended too long around Lisa. She should come with her own set of warning labels.

Johnny is the perfect example of “When Good Kids Go Wrong”. He is in dire need of an intervention. Unfortunately, Olivia seems to be the only adult he even marginally listens to, and half the time, she’s treating him like her baby boy. What’s even more disturbing is that the other half the time, she’s sucking face with him, so her influence really doesn’t amount to anything he can use. Johnny decides he needs a “buddy” to play Robbers and Robbers with, and recruits Ethan. This is not going to end well, folks. Who can step in here? Babsysitter Needed!

Once again, I am reminded that the need for babysitting isn’t only for the young and the restless in PC. Sometimes, even the older and wiser crowd needs a little extra guidance. Luckily, The Babysitter’s Club is alive and well!

asiangal

Postby asiangal » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:08 pm

GH 2/26

DIANE/ALEXIS/SONNY

I love this combo just for the fact alone that Sonny seemed helpless! For the first time, Sonny is speechless, unable to deal with the two most dynamic and chattiest women in PC! He looked like he wanted to crawl under the biggest rock and get away from Diane and Alexis as far as possible..when they were arguing in front of him and him right smack in the middle between the two of them. LOL! i am going to enjoy this trial if it continues this way... and hopefully in future get these three in the same room together for some real hilarious moments. I think we should come up with a nickname for these two ladies... ;)

PATRICK/ROBIN

I almost fast fwded the scenes of Patrick and Lisa due to the fact alone that I can't stand Lisa. But his convo with Lisa was very revealing. I guessed right when I said that he objected to Robin 'influencing' Dante was due more to his insecurities of Stone and of course Sonny during that time of Robin's life. How can he fight a ghost? and the fact that Robin never talked about it with him made him feel more insecure especially when Stone was the great love of Robin's life. And the talk between Steve and Robin emphasized that.

COURTHOUSE
Okay, I am not understanding why except for Jax, no one else was there? Dante/Lulu were there because Dante was called to testify and Lulu was there to support Dante. but what about Carly? why was she not there? I find it very weird that she was not there to support Sonny and that she could stay away from the courthouse. The Carly I know would have been front and center in the midst of it. What about Olivia? Wouldn't she have known that Dante was called in to testify? Even if she did not, she has shown in the past that she cares about Sonny. If it was a closed hearing that why was Jax there? hmmmmm... very puzzling.

oh, an afterthought...
In reality, Alexis would have been called for 'in contempt of the court' the way she kept interrupting before she officially decided to join as co-counsel.. but hey, this is soap, so anything goes... lol.

asiangal

Postby asiangal » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:36 pm

as usual I am sharing a few excerpts from Angelique's blog.
I love how she always tie in together all the scenes of the day to one title/subject.

so here goes:

BEST LAID PLANS…AND PLAN B

As I watched Friday’s GH, I realized that life in Port Charles is a lot like ours. Of course, like ours with a lot less mobsters with good hearts, and less hostage crises, and less sleeping around, but you get what I’m saying. Port Charles is a fictional city with fictional characters that we can call our home away from home. Those friendly faces we relate to and come to love have the same dilemma we do: Sometimes Life Just Doesn’t Turn Out As Planned, In Spite of The Best Laid Plans.

And, also like us, sometimes our favorite characters just have to go to their PLAN B.

Luke’s quest for “cubans” apparently led to a plan G or H, It was pretty good timing, as Lucky stumbles upon his dear old dad for some 411 on Johnny and…Ethan, again. Most importantly, Luke is there to help Lucky do two things: 1.) Realize his best laid plans went up in smoke, and 2.) Consider a PLAN B. Lucky tells Luke that lying to Elizabeth about forgiving her makes him so angry that he feels he’s going to lose it. Luke speaks GOSPEL TRUTH when he tells Lucky that it’s just too soon to talk about forgiveness, or about responsibility to her boys, or even forgiveness. OH SO TRUE! Luke then asks Lucky to consider that maybe it’s OVER for him and The Fallen Angel, and that perhaps their time is done. (Best Laid Plans notwithstanding) Sometimes the truth can only be heard coming from the lips of those that whispered the first words you ever heard.Losing the love one thought was forever isn’t easy. Less easy is hearing that it’s lost forever. But when the person breaking that news to you is someone who has loved you all your life, it’s truth stings less. When Lucky seems to be crushed by that truth, Luke suggests PLAN B: Key West. Mary Sue Price was today’s writer, and she really used the history/chemistry between JJ and Tony Geary to the fullest! When Lucky asked about Ethan and Luke said they’d smack him over the head, throw him in the trunk and not let him out ’til they get there…JJ’s chuckle and smile were as genuine as they come. In his reaction I could see him thinking, “I really missed working with this guy!” Another well-written episode! Luke’s not able to convince Lucky to ditch the PCPD in their time of need, but he does advise Lucky not to confuse his anger with his job. Hmmm… one of the wisest things Luke’s ever said to Cowboy!

Luke’s other son, Ethan came to town to make a killing on some serious money. It wasn’t just the loot under the bar at the Haunted Star, it was the money his strange bedfellow, Rebecca Shaw was about to swindle all of Emily’s loved ones out of. Well, to Ethan’s dismay, Rebecca turned soft and fell in love with all of her would-be victims, and Ethan found himself broke, and in desperate need of a PLAN B. Luckily, Luke turned out to be more than just his “soul mate”, and Ethan found himself with an insta-family in the Spencers. Ethan has done his best to be a good brother and son, but life has grown a little dull.

Along comes Johnny, in a crazy, angry hunt for a PLAN B, since he is no longer sure that Sonny is going to pay for killing his sister. Instead, Johnny wants to play “Doggie, Doggie, Who Stole Your Shipment?” with Sonny, and keeps finding himself in need of a back-up. It takes some convincing and an inadvertent push from Tracy, but Ethan finally decides to take Johnny up on his offer. Let the death games begin!

Sonny Corinthos confessed to murdering Claudia in self-defense in order to keep his son Michael, the real culprit, from paying for the crime. He thought he would confess, prove that he did it in order to save Carly and her baby daughter, and he would get off scot-free. Why wouldn’t he think that? He has never been convicted of any of his other crimes. He’s out on bail, and if things start to look “bad”, he’ll just high-tail it out of the country. Enter Claire Walsh. Enter need for PLAN B…like yesterday. I have to say that Mark Teschner, the Casting Director for GH really has been on a roll. Dahlia Salem stepped into the role of Claire Walsh and made it look like she’s been playing her for years. What’s even better is that she seems as competent as Alexis and Diane, which to me, is very exciting! Things look more “bad” for Sonny with every moment that passes, which is why he calls on his Trusty Plan B Enforcer, Jason. Sonny knows that somehow, someway, Jason will find a way to keep Jason from making it to prison. That’s quite a guy to have as your best friend.

Am I the only one who can see that Dr. Lisa Niles is completely hell-bent on becoming Patrick’s PLAN B? Oh. My. Goodness. Could she BE any more obvious? I could not believe that she stuck her nose into Robin and Patrick’s argument and lived to tell about it! If I were Robin, I would have wrapped my stethoscope around her neck! Lisa is so transparent, but not to anyone that matters, sadly. Well, I know some SCRUBS fans will be angry with me, but if Patrick ever falls for Lisa’ scheming, I think Steve Webber would be a great PLAN B for Robin! Just sayin’.

theresao

Postby theresao » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Finally got through all of last week episodes.

Just love Alexis and Diane. Those two play off each other so well and Sonny looks like a scared little boy sitting between them. I'm reserving judgment on Claire, right now she is irritating me but if she brings out the killer instincts in Alexis and Diane it will be hilarious.

Why has Sonny not asked anyone why Jax is at his arraignment?

It's interesting that for all Michael wants to be a mini-mobster, he seems to have a moral compass. I was impressed when he told Jason that he feels he should take responsiblity for what he did and that it wrong for his dad to try to protect him by taking the blame. He's the only one who seems to know that what the adults are doing is wrong.

I also liked Johnny's talk with Michael because if there is any one who knows what Michael is going through it's Johnny. He is the only other mob raised person in town. I'd like to see more scenes with these two as it would be believable that Johnny could help Michael.

Johnny and Ethan are going to be fun to watch. I posted in another thread that Ethan reminds me of Luke back in the day when Luke would use his wit not violence to get out of tight situations.

Was Robin right to go to Dante with her story about Stone? For Robin yes, her opinion of Sonny will always be colored by what he did for her and Stone. But I believe Steve was right in that Robin needs to let Patrick into that part of her life.

But Patrick was also correct in that Robin should have stayed out of it. Although he's not going to be charged for it Sonny did shoot an unarmed man in cold blood. Granted in Sonny's world that is what you do to a traitor but it's not Patrick world so to him it's wrong.

I also think Patrick was a little short tempered because Lisa and now Steve have been calling him whipped so he had to exert his he-manliness and show Robin who's boss.

That's all for now.

asiangal

Postby asiangal » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:18 pm

very insightful as always theresa

I am glad we have the same mind about Claire. She annoys the hell of me right now... but I agree with you, if she brings out those killer instincts in both Diane and Alexis.. I am so going to love watching it. I love the two of them in the courthouse together handling the same case!! Just amazing to watch - two very strong and phenomenal lawyers going toe to toe with the prosecutor... and yeah, Sonny acting lost and speechless and out of his realm was fun to watch. The best moment was when he was sitting between them, and they were talking in front of his face! lol!!!!!

and by the way, I love your post in the 'question' thread. you made very very good points! :D

theresao

Postby theresao » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:03 am

Quote asiangal: GH 2/26

DIANE/ALEXIS/SONNY

I love this combo just for the fact alone that Sonny seemed helpless! For the first time, Sonny is speechless, unable to deal with the two most dynamic and chattiest women in PC! He looked like he wanted to crawl under the biggest rock and get away from Diane and Alexis as far as possible..when they were arguing in front of him and him right smack in the middle between the two of them. LOL! i am going to enjoy this trial if it continues this way... and hopefully in future get these three in the same room together for some real hilarious moments. I think we should come up with a nickname for these two ladies... ;)

PATRICK/ROBIN

I almost fast fwded the scenes of Patrick and Lisa due to the fact alone that I can't stand Lisa. But his convo with Lisa was very revealing. I guessed right when I said that he objected to Robin 'influencing' Dante was due more to his insecurities of Stone and of course Sonny during that time of Robin's life. How can he fight a ghost? and the fact that Robin never talked about it with him made him feel more insecure especially when Stone was the great love of Robin's life. And the talk between Steve and Robin emphasized that.

COURTHOUSE
Okay, I am not understanding why except for Jax, no one else was there? Dante/Lulu were there because Dante was called to testify and Lulu was there to support Dante. but what about Carly? why was she not there? I find it very weird that she was not there to support Sonny and that she could stay away from the courthouse. The Carly I know would have been front and center in the midst of it. What about Olivia? Wouldn't she have known that Dante was called in to testify? Even if she did not, she has shown in the past that she cares about Sonny. If it was a closed hearing that why was Jax there? hmmmmm... very puzzling.

oh, an afterthought...
In reality, Alexis would have been called for 'in contempt of the court' the way she kept interrupting before she officially decided to join as co-counsel.. but hey, this is soap, so anything goes... lol.

Hi asiangal, I think the reason no one was in court was because this was supposed to be a simple arraignment hearing where Sonny would plead to the charges, the judge would say ok and set a court date. It shouldn't have lasted more than a few minutes.

But...our buddy Jax, who's the only one in the courtroom, is there because he's the only one that knows the hearing was going to hell in a handbasket...because he set it up.

We both agree having Alexis and Diane working together is going to be hilarious to watch. And I can't wait for them to wipe the smirk off Claire face. She is so cocky and sure she's going to win, but Alexis and Diane are taking the gloves off. As much as I think Sonny should pay at some point for what he did to Dante, I can't wait to see the look on Claire's face if (when) she loses the trial and Sonny walks away a free man.

And of Jax's look will also be priceless, all the favors he's called in, the strings he pulled, the lies he's told, losing his wife and family will all be for nothing. Sonny will win again.

Vertigobarbie

Postby Vertigobarbie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Quote asiangal: GH 2/26

DIANE/ALEXIS/SONNY

PATRICK/ROBIN

COURTHOUSE

oh, an afterthought...

Hi AG, it's not very inventive but the only thing I could come up with is Diexis or Dexis.

I love your post. As for Jax, as we know he thinks he's "pulling the strings" in Sonny's arraignment but to me he's bitten of more than he can chew with Claire. He arranged it for Claire to be assigned to the case but she isn't going to take orders from Jax, you can see it in her demeanor. Yes I find Claire annoying as well but she's going to keep Diexis on their toes.

As much as Sonny is on my pie/let him go to jail list, I felt a little sorry for him stuck between Alexis and Diane. JK. Actually, I enjoyed his discomfort. Get used to it Sonny, sitting between Diane and Alexis is more comfortable than rotting in prison. :D

asiangal

Postby asiangal » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Quote theresao:

Hi asiangal, I think the reason no one was in court was because this was supposed to be a simple arraignment hearing where Sonny would plead to the charges, the judge would say ok and set a court date. It shouldn't have lasted more than a few minutes.

But...our buddy Jax, who's the only one in the courtroom, is there because he's the only one that knows the hearing was going to hell in a handbasket...because he set it up.

We both agree having Alexis and Diane working together is going to be hilarious to watch. And I can't wait for them to wipe the smirk off Claire face. She is so cocky and sure she's going to win, but Alexis and Diane are taking the gloves off. As much as I think Sonny should pay at some point for what he did to Dante, I can't wait to see the look on Claire's face if (when) she loses the trial and Sonny walks away a free man.

And of Jax's look will also be priceless, all the favors he's called in, the strings he pulled, the lies he's told, losing his wife and family will all be for nothing. Sonny will win again.

Thanks for the explanation theresa
yeah, as much as I love to see go to jail, I want Diane/Alexis to win just to have Claire eat her humble pie. Gosh! she drives me up the wall... more than Lisa actually! lmao!

asiangal

Postby asiangal » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Quote Vertigobarbie:

Hi AG, it's not very inventive but the only thing I could come up with is Diexis or Dexis.

I love your post. As for Jax, as we know he thinks he's "pulling the strings" in Sonny's arraignment but to me he's bitten of more than he can chew with Claire. He arranged it for Claire to be assigned to the case but she isn't going to take orders from Jax, you can see it in her demeanor. Yes I find Claire annoying as well but she's going to keep Diexis on their toes.

As much as Sonny is on my pie/let him go to jail list, I felt a little sorry for him stuck between Alexis and Diane. JK. Actually, I enjoyed his discomfort. Get used to it Sonny, sitting between Diane and Alexis is more comfortable than rotting in prison. :D

Hey VB
Thank you *)
oooooh, I love that Diexis!! like if you mess with us, you're going to 'die'...!
yeah, I am with you on the Sonny thing.. but it was so precious and hilarious to see his discomfort being physically in between the two most argumentative women in PC.... ! lol! that's why I am hoping that we have more scenes like that..

Vertigobarbie

Postby Vertigobarbie » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:02 pm

Quote asiangal:
Quote Vertigobarbie:

Hey VB
Thank you *)
oooooh, I love that Diexis!! like if you mess with us, you're going to 'die'...!
yeah, I am with you on the Sonny thing.. but it was so precious and hilarious to see his discomfort being physically in between the two most argumentative women in PC.... ! lol! that's why I am hoping that we have more scenes like that..

I love the part I bolded. I have a sick twisted sense of humour but I never even made the "die" connection. lol
They may be the most argumentative women in PC but I still love them together. Forget all of the other pairings they are the best "couple" on daytime. IMO anyways. :)

Return to “General Hospital”