GH Fan only - no character bashing please

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Vertigobarbie

Re: GH Fan only - no character bashing please

Postby Vertigobarbie » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Just putting this thread back on the first page where it belongs and looking forward to seeing what tomorrow's show brings us.

asiangal

Postby asiangal » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Quote Vertigobarbie: Just putting this thread back on the first page where it belongs and looking forward to seeing what tomorrow's show brings us.

Hi VB
hope you're enjoying your weekend.
I can't wait for tomorrow. I look forward to weekdays now and that is not such a good thing because it means back to the grind of work. lol! but I am loving GH too much to care! so yay! tomorrow is Monday! :D

Vertigobarbie

Postby Vertigobarbie » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Quote asiangal:
Quote Vertigobarbie: Just putting this thread back on the first page where it belongs and looking forward to seeing what tomorrow's show brings us.

Hi VB
hope you're enjoying your weekend.
I can't wait for tomorrow. I look forward to weekdays now and that is not such a good thing because it means back to the grind of work. lol! but I am loving GH too much to care! so yay! tomorrow is Monday! :D

Hi AG
Don't remind me that tomorrow is Monday. %( The only redeeming thing about it is the fact that GH is on. :D

I've had a busy but great weekend. I hope you have been enjoying your's as well.

asiangal

Postby asiangal » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Quote Vertigobarbie:

Hi AG
Don't remind me that tomorrow is Monday. %( The only redeeming thing about it is the fact that GH is on. :D

I've had a busy but great weekend. I hope you have been enjoying your's as well.

I did. well, usual house chores and then today went to chinatown with a friend to have 'dim sum' and it was a hoot and yet a little annoying because twice during our meal, when two groups of lion dances came into the restaurant and it was so loud with the drums and cymbals clanging away! and a lot of people were crowding around our table to get a view of the lion dance...lol!...

Vertigobarbie

Postby Vertigobarbie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:09 am

Quote asiangal:
Quote Vertigobarbie:

Hi AG

I did. well, usual house chores and then today went to chinatown with a friend to have 'dim sum' and it was a hoot and yet a little annoying because twice during our meal, when two groups of lion dances came into the restaurant and it was so loud with the drums and cymbals clanging away! and a lot of people were crowding around our table to get a view of the lion dance...lol!...

Happy Monday AG
Sorry missed your response last night. Yummy dim sum, I haven't gone to a dim sum brunch in years. That must have been quite a sight. I have never seen a live lion dance, so for me it would have been a new experience. My weekend was out with friends on Saturday doing some card making and Sunday was off to see my parents.
Looking forward to GH today.

theresao

Postby theresao » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:35 pm

I was impressed with Olivia today when she said to Sonny "Look me in the eye and tell me if Dante would be the man he is today if he had grown up in your world" And Sonny COULD NOT DO IT. For all his bluster about him being Dante's father and Olivia should have told him, he knows Dante is a better man because of the choices Olivia made.

I was even impressed with Maxie's talk with Lucky today, especially when she said about Lucky lying to Elizabeth and that Elizabeth shouldn't base her recover on lies. That is the truth and Lucky needs to heed it.

And Nic, the I'm entitled to what ever I want, is going to destroy Elizabeth if he doesn't leave her alone and let her get well. I honestly believe he's doing more harm to Elizabeth than Helena ever could.

Tracy had a good point about the apple doens't fall far from the tree. That even though Dante wasn't raised by Sonny, he may still be like him. It's the nature vs. nuture argument and Ethan is a prime example of the nature side of the argument. He was raised by adopted parents yet he is a carbon copy of Luke. Much more so that Lucky who was raised by Luke.

ksam

Postby ksam » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:05 pm

i loved the maxie and lucky scenes toaday. loved how maxie finally saw their relationship in a realistic view and actually thought she gave lucky really good advice. she even said it herself...i know it is weird for me to be saying to be honest (i am paraphrasing) but really she was right. does lucky really think he can help liz get better by lying to her??? then what happens when she is better and he has to tell her it is a lie? and i am not bashing lucky - he is just trying to help but i agree with maxie that he is going about it wrong. anyway liked seeing how maxie addressed their relationship and tried to help him with his current situation

Vertigobarbie

Postby Vertigobarbie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:24 am

Quote ksam: i loved the maxie and lucky scenes toaday. loved how maxie finally saw their relationship in a realistic view and actually thought she gave lucky really good advice. she even said it herself...i know it is weird for me to be saying to be honest (i am paraphrasing) but really she was right. does lucky really think he can help liz get better by lying to her??? then what happens when she is better and he has to tell her it is a lie? and i am not bashing lucky - he is just trying to help but i agree with maxie that he is going about it wrong. anyway liked seeing how maxie addressed their relationship and tried to help him with his current situation

ksam I totally agree with you. I loved the Maxie/Lucky scenes yesterday. She gave him some very good advice. I just hope he takes it because he's doing Liz more harm than good. I know he thinks he's helping her right now but in the end it will just make things worse.

asiangal

Postby asiangal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 am

my top favorite scene of yesterday

Lucky/Maxie
wow! who knew that Maxie can be solid and calm, soft spoken, and be a supportive friend w/o the "Maxie-ness'. Even when she's being to supportive..she's always has those typical "maxie' responses, and for once, she was calm and normal!
I loved the whole convo.
Liked the question she posed to Lucky

"Do you want to get past that" when Lucky talked about how to get past the betrayal

"Forgiveness either happens or it doesn't. And right now it seems that you're not ready to forgive Elizabeth. You're still angry, feel betrayed......"

and the other scene that made me want to throw something at Nikolas (lol)

Nik/Elizabeth
Nik proved that he's selfish right there. I mean, to suggest an alternative that has a higher risk to determine who's the father of the baby? Nik, are you sure you love Elizabeth? your mouth says one thing, but your actions prove otherwise.

and Elizabeth, she seemed so strong of all of a sudden. I am kind of puzzled by that. I thought she was 'breaking down' and yet the scene with Nikolas led me to believe otherwise. However, after saying that, I was glad that she gave Nik a piece of her mind..especially her line to him "Why would you want another child when you ignore the one you have"... good for you Elizabeth!

Dante/Lulu
were cute as usual...

Olivia/Sonny
the whole convo made me want to gag from what was coming out of Sonny's lips, but I just want to write them in here because of Olivia's line to Sonny. That was the highlight of the whole convo for me, and I was applauding Olivia for these words she threw at Sonny:

"I will never..never apologize for keeping my kid away out of your world of crime and corruption..and you want to know the proof that I did right? ".... (goes to list Dante's attributes..) ..

and to punctuate those words above, she hit him with this one... :D
"Now you look me in the eye and tell me that that's the man he would have turn into if he had grown up in your world? ..... I didn't think so!"...

Johnny/Ethan
at first I was puzzled with Johnny going to Ethan and thanking him and letting him know that it was him at the pier in the fire exchange with Max and Milo, but then I realized that he did not want to keep quiet about his attack on Sonny's business. So in thanking and letting Ethan know it was him, he knew that Ethan will tell Luke who will in turn tell Sonny.

okay, I know I left out a few stuff...but these are the ones that stuck in my head after a night's sleep...lol!

asiangal

Postby asiangal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:56 pm

okay, an excerpt on Sonny/Dante from a writer of GH Recaps blog of yesterday's show that I'd like to share here:

Sonny tells him that Dante reminds him of himself and than proceeds to list all the wonderful things about...himself. Dante says they're nothing alike. Sonny says they're blood as if that means anything. It means something when it suits him. Michael isn't blood but it doesn't matter and Dante is blood and it matters. So really what does blood mean?

Sonny informs Dante that he is under his protection. Dante doesn't care. He tells Sonny that they're complete opposites. He doesn't want anything to do with Sonny and tells him to stop. Sonny says that his anger and refusal to forgive is just like him and God damn it, he's totally right. He leaves on that note.

Return to “General Hospital”