When GH or any soap will join the bandwagon

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Pekeheart

When GH or any soap will join the bandwagon

Postby Pekeheart » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:07 pm

All I can say is GOD I hope Maxie is on some great Birth Control! Furthermore, when will a soap tackle the discussion of Birth Control and sleeping around in a responsible way?? GH has the perfect opportunity to tackle the subject because many young people do watch GH because of it's day time slot.

They only brought it up with Kristina and Keefer briefly but what about lets give a young person something to fear like an actual STD so these young people can see the horror of going to doctors and getting medication, I mean its almost as if they glorified even AIDS. I mean everyone knows how Stone died and that Robin has HIV but GH has dropped the responsibility by having Maxie in heat yes I said it its as if this girl is in heat!!! Im frankly disappointed with Franco and her getting together. Why not have him heat up with an encounter with Sam? or heck while Elizabeth is sleeping around....lol or Olivia is kissing everybody she might as well have kissed Franco too! or even better Claudia and Franco would have been good too! or how bout Kate she's not doing anyone or anything for that matter...why did it have to be Maxie???? I mean especially after we just had the un-wedding another fiasco...GH what are you thinking?????

Re: When GH or any soap will join the bandwagon

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:08 pm

Quote Pekeheart: All I can say is GOD I hope Maxie is on some great Birth Control! Furthermore, when will a soap tackle the discussion of Birth Control and sleeping around in a responsible way?? GH has the perfect opportunity to tackle the subject because many young people do watch GH because of it's day time slot.

They only brought it up with Kristina and Keefer briefly but what about lets give a young person something to fear like an actual STD so these young people can see the horror of going to doctors and getting medication, I mean its almost as if they glorified even AIDS. I mean everyone knows how Stone died and that Robin has HIV but GH has dropped the responsibility by having Maxie in heat yes I said it its as if this girl is in heat!!! Im frankly disappointed with Franco and her getting together. Why not have him heat up with an encounter with Sam? or heck while Elizabeth is sleeping around....lol or Olivia is kissing everybody she might as well have kissed Franco too! or even better Claudia and Franco would have been good too! or how bout Kate she's not doing anyone or anything for that matter...why did it have to be Maxie???? I mean especially after we just had the un-wedding another fiasco...GH what are you thinking?????

i think they tackled the whole STD thing with robyn and stone and then again with robyn and patrick when they were having sex and when she got pregnant....

JaneDoe

Postby JaneDoe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:11 pm

I think GH does it's fair share of tackling social issues and it has been down the "safe sex" road more than once. Soaps are suppose to be about sex, no? Love in the afternoon and all that jazz. Bring on the hotness, the more the better. *) :D

cherrycola

Postby cherrycola » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:27 am

I don't watch the other soaps, but I think GH has done a reasonable job over the years of talking about birth control. I can think of several times when condoms were shown or talked about or STD's discussed. The part that bugs me is that they depict it as normal to have had a dozen or more partner or to just fall into bed with someone. I'd like a lot more romance, flirting, and anticipation and a lot less instant gratification. We haven't had any really hot prolonged flirting since Anna and Duke.

Pekeheart

Postby Pekeheart » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:12 pm

GH has covered a lot of topics BUT when you want to have Maxie sleeping one day with Franco and the next day with Spinelli and in the style they do it in which is virtually without modesty then I dont think the writers are acting responsibly due to the time slot they are in. I have a 1 year old and a 20 yrs old and i asked them if they know who Stone is or how robin acquired aids and neither one knew. Writers need to acknowledge that time moves on and characters evolve and because GH comes on after school I think they owe it to the younger crowd to not promote promiscuity in such a blatant way. Maxie isn't exactly a quiet person she has slept with a lot of boys on GH and almost we excuse her because she is ditzy? I still do not see why it was necessary for Maxie to sleep with Franco. The premise was to get the whacko photo for Jason as bait, so why did GH have this guy seduce Maxie after she did the posing on the floor? When I for one look at a character on a soap to decide if I even like the character I have to look at the storyline they are in. So what is Maxie story line? Shes a heart transplant recipient, her sister was murdered, her mother is MIA which is sad because if any of you remember Felicia Jones its not doing her justice to portray her as a mother who just abandoned her children, anyway Maxie is hungry for her career tot he point she was willing to forgo her recent commitment to Spinelli in order to gain a photo shoot that she didnt even get. She allowed herself to get played and used by this Franco and gave her body to him for what purpose? GH help us out what is the purpose for Maxie to try on men like she tries on shoes?

cherrycola

Postby cherrycola » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:55 pm

If your 1 year old was able to tell us anything about GH (or just about anything else), I'd be very impressed. :)

Hey, at least Maxie waited a day in between. Carly's done it with two men on the same day at least twice that I can recall. But I agree with you that there really wasn't a purpose in Maxie and Franco doing the deed except gratuitious propping of "The Big Star" and to create angst for Spixie. It really wasn't a plot point to the Jason s/l.

hayleedog

Postby hayleedog » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:25 pm

It bodes well for us all to remember GH is a soap opera and NOT an after school special. It's main purpose is to entertain and not to teach young people about sex.

GH has bought up STD's and protection on many many occasions but lets face it, it's a show gear'd for adult audiences and it's up to the parents NOT the tv show to monitor what kid's watch on tv.

Return to “General Hospital”