Jonathon Jackson's "Lucky" OR Jason

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
genhospchat

Re: Jonathon Jackson's

Postby genhospchat » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:58 pm

Quote RainStormRaider: Interesting thread...

I never really liked JJ's Lucky all that much...he was good when he was younger....or even in the beginning with Liz....but I got over it as soon as he started brow-beating Laura....plus he was snot-nosed and hypocritical....

Jason and Elizabeth together were the only pairing I ever truly enjoyed for either of the characters....did not like Jason with Robin or Carly and before Liz, I never really cared for Jason at all....after Liz, I did...but then Court-Hoe happened and that didn't end well.....

I've loved every pairing of Liz's (Ric in the beginning, Zander every time) except for Lucky and that means all the versions of Lucky.....

So I guess I vote for Jason by default and only the Jason that existed before Court-Hoe....after her....he is worthless to Liz or to GH....and Lucky....well at least JY and GV were hot even if they kinda ruined whatever everyone else liked about Lucky....

Oh Rain the horror and pain in your fingertips it must have been for you to say Jason, even if by default! LOL

You know after reading what you wrote, how you liked Liz's pairings before, it got me thinking...most of Liz's relationships have been about stroking someone's ego or making THEM feel like a better person BUT which one of Liz's relationships were about showing HER what a good person SHE is? The ONLY one's were JJ's Lucky and Jason. I think this is what I like about Liason, is that Jason KNOWS Liz is a good person and let's HER know she is and she doesn't have to be the one to always make HIM feel good because he is confidant in who he is AND who he is when with Liz.

lovelyliz

Postby lovelyliz » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:05 pm

Quote genhospchat:
Quote lovelyliz: I think that will happen for Lucky eventually he will have a s/l and new love interest but when that happen I do not think he will continue to be the father of Liz children. If him and Liz continue their friendship I just don't see it anymore and I do not see him being a dad to Liz children either because you notice there is no scenes of him and the kids no more. That tells me he is going to lose being a father to them thats just my opinion I could be wrong. Lucky is far more exciting than Nic. I don't see why they don't give him a s/l. I thought him and maxie should have been explored more after him and Liz ended their married. Lucky has to stop that pouting of his and yes he needs a child of his own. If that happens I just don't see him being a part of Liz & her boys life anymore. :~

I have to agree with you about Lucky and Maxie. I ALWAYS thought they would have been a good couple, ever since Robin Richards played Maxie and she would always moon over Lucky when she saw him. I think Maxie was the type that Lucky needed, someone who would boost him up and play to his ego (well this Lucky now, not the original Lucky). I don't feel that Liz can do that because Liz is a confidant woman and has her own life to live, outside of a man, but Lucky NEEDS a woman to make him feel like he has some purpose. This is one of the reasons I don't like LL2, that no matter what Liz has done to make Lucky feel secure, he ALWAYS felt insecure and it brought Liz down and made her look like a Pollyanna for always having to stroke his ego and forgive all that he has done to hurt her, while at the same time, having to demean herself to do so.

I think they should have kept up the relationship with Maxie instead of Sam but I guess they needed to keep this foursome going and to do that, they had to pair Sam with Lucky for her to have a reason to be in it still.

I also believe too that Lucky would gradually get out of the boys's lives if he had a family of his own. Lucky isn't one to cater to others if he doesn't have to and I think right now, Jake and Cam are the family that he wants BUT with his own, I think he would make THAT family his life and Jake and Cam would either just be on the side or forgotten. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what Lucky has done for the boys isn't stand up or that he doesn't love them like his own but I think there is a REASON that Lucky and Liz didn't have a child of their OWN if they were so meant to be together....because they WEREN'T meant to be together.

I think anything is possible they could still happen. I see no chemistry with spixie. Maxie needs someone like Lucky to me a grown relationship. Gh must be trying to create the four musketeers with Jason, maxie, spin and sam.
What other reason could it be to keep maxie with spin.

frustratedfan

Postby frustratedfan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:01 pm

Love this thread! I have to agree with the majority of posters about Lucky. The current Lucky has a different face and is essentially a different character than JJ's Lucky.

Liz & Lucky were cute and sweet as teenagers in love but are different character's now. They have grown into different people who just do not fit and and quite frankly how many people are with their first teenage love. It happens but not often.

Although I'm sure it pained Rain to admit, I completely agree that Liason was and is in a league all of their own. Speaking for myself, I have seen no greater chemistry nor have I seen a more compelling couple than Liason. They just leap off the screen and kudos to the actors. It's not just the actors but it's the age old story of good girl, bad boy (who is misunderstood). It's the anchor of what many a tale has been told since the beginning of time.

So just in case you missed it, I have to say Jason over Lucky, regardless of the incarnation.

RainStormRaider

Postby RainStormRaider » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Quote shelrick:
Quote RainStormRaider: Interesting thread...

I never really liked JJ's Lucky all that much...he was good when he was younger....or even in the beginning with Liz....but I got over it as soon as he started brow-beating Laura....plus he was snot-nosed and hypocritical....

Jason and Elizabeth together were the only pairing I ever truly enjoyed for either of the characters....did not like Jason with Robin or Carly and before Liz, I never really cared for Jason at all....after Liz, I did...but then Court-Hoe happened and that didn't end well.....

I've loved every pairing of Liz's (Ric in the beginning, Zander every time) except for Lucky and that means all the versions of Lucky.....

So I guess I vote for Jason by default and only the Jason that existed before Court-Hoe....after her....he is worthless to Liz or to GH....and Lucky....well at least JY and GV were hot even if they kinda ruined whatever everyone else liked about Lucky....

I feel like I should save this post or something. Rain, did that hurt to type? I am sure you were not happy having to pick Jason :D Have to say it did put a smile on my face though.

I'm ignoring this post...it is against my belief-system... :D

RainStormRaider

Postby RainStormRaider » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Quote Meow1113:
Quote shelrick

I feel like I should save this post or something. Rain, did that hurt to type? I am sure you were not happy having to pick Jason :D Have to say it did put a smile on my face though.

Mine too and I must say it shocked me to read it, LOL. Maybe we should frame it and post it somewhere on this mb!!

I had some bad chinese and hallucinated that...I know I did...

RainStormRaider

Postby RainStormRaider » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Quote genhospchat:

Oh Rain the horror and pain in your fingertips it must have been for you to say Jason, even if by default! LOL

You know after reading what you wrote, how you liked Liz's pairings before, it got me thinking...most of Liz's relationships have been about stroking someone's ego or making THEM feel like a better person BUT which one of Liz's relationships were about showing HER what a good person SHE is? The ONLY one's were JJ's Lucky and Jason. I think this is what I like about Liason, is that Jason KNOWS Liz is a good person and let's HER know she is and she doesn't have to be the one to always make HIM feel good because he is confidant in who he is AND who he is when with Liz.

Thank you for understanding my pain.... :D

I think JJ was a better friend to her than anything else....I didn't believe it was love as much as a platonic relationship masquerading as a romance...so I hoped they would grow out of it and they did....

With Jason, in the beginning he was a friend and a love interest who never pushed her to be something other than what she was.....but after CourtHoe happened and his belief that Liz could never take his world on, I lost all respect for him.....he might not have been there but he knew how capable Liz was against Helena, he knew she could handle everything life threw her way and yet he put her on a pedestal and continues to do so today....someone who makes decisions for others shows no respect for them and that I cannot abide by....

frustratedfan

Postby frustratedfan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Quote RainStormRaider:
Quote genhospchat:

Thank you for understanding my pain.... :D

I think JJ was a better friend to her than anything else....I didn't believe it was love as much as a platonic relationship masquerading as a romance...so I hoped they would grow out of it and they did....

With Jason, in the beginning he was a friend and a love interest who never pushed her to be something other than what she was.....but after CourtHoe happened and his belief that Liz could never take his world on, I lost all respect for him.....he might not have been there but he knew how capable Liz was against Helena, he knew she could handle everything life threw her way and yet he put her on a pedestal and continues to do so today....someone who makes decisions for others shows no respect for them and that I cannot abide by....

ummmmm, you give me something to think about.

I have to say that I really didn't see much of Jason's other love interests. I was so off and on with the show that I can count on one hand the number of his scenes with courthoe and quite frankly I didn't see a lot of you know who. I didn't watch a lot because I had a lot going on and I wasn't interested in the show as a whole. Had I suffered through that, I might have a different opinion.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Quote frustratedfan: Love this thread! I have to agree with the majority of posters about Lucky. The current Lucky has a different face and is essentially a different character than JJ's Lucky.

Liz & Lucky were cute and sweet as teenagers in love but are different character's now. They have grown into different people who just do not fit and and quite frankly how many people are with their first teenage love. It happens but not often.

Although I'm sure it pained Rain to admit, I completely agree that Liason was and is in a league all of their own. Speaking for myself, I have seen no greater chemistry nor have I seen a more compelling couple than Liason. They just leap off the screen and kudos to the actors. It's not just the actors but it's the age old story of good girl, bad boy (who is misunderstood). It's the anchor of what many a tale has been told since the beginning of time.

So just in case you missed it, I have to say Jason over Lucky, regardless of the incarnation.

ITA about Liason, there has been no couple like them IMO, except LnL!!!! Isn't the good girl/bad boy persona what attracts a lot of female fans to watch a soap? IMO there's nothing fun about bad boy/bad girl where bad boy saves good girl on a daily basis and who have ABSOLUTELY ZERO CHEMISTRY!!

frustratedfan

Postby frustratedfan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:13 pm

Quote Meow1113:
Quote frustratedfan: Love this thread! I have to agree with the majority of posters about Lucky. The current Lucky has a different face and is essentially a different character than JJ's Lucky.

ITA about Liason, there has been no couple like them IMO, except LnL!!!! Isn't the good girl/bad boy persona what attracts a lot of female fans to watch a soap? IMO there's nothing fun about bad boy/bad girl where bad boy saves good girl on a daily basis and who have ABSOLUTELY ZERO CHEMISTRY!!

You know chemistry is very interesting and elusive. It's almost as if it can exist in a certain space and time but dissipate once the characters personalities are changed even though the actors may be the same.

Case in point is Matt & Maxie. I understand they were quite the hit on DOOL but while some say they saw sparks I think their chemistry probably existed between the characters they played but didn't carry over. Another case in point is Sonny & SBr's Carly. Magnetic as Sonny and Carly but jaded as Sonny and Claudia.

Of course writing and acting ability play a part but I really think it's elusive. I have a theory about another couple but this isn't the thread for it. Let's just say there seemed to be chemistry when written a certain way/situational but just isn't there now.

In any case, I'm not sure the chemistry from the past could be recreated with JJ and BH...their characters are different as are they.

JASONandLIZforever

Postby JASONandLIZforever » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:21 pm

no lnl2 or 3 or 4

no lucky as gv
no lucky as jj
no lucky new guy

no lucky and liz at all,... no way.. no chemistry, no romance nothing..

only stecky.. go liason :D

Return to “General Hospital”