Why are people feeling sorry for Claudia?

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
GH Princess

Re: Why are people feeling sorry for Claudia?

Postby GH Princess » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:09 pm

Quote packernut13:
Quote moptop8670: ?) I don't understand how anyone can feel sorry for Claudia? This is a woman, who WHILE pregnant, tried to have Jerry Jax killed. WHILE pregnant, tried to have Jason killed and could have had her own brother killed in the process. Even when Johnny told her that Jason saved her life, all SHE was concerned about was saving her own BUTT. And let's not forget how she GOT pregnant. Sitting there poking holes in the condoms with that stupid smirk on her face.

While I know that Sonny kidnapping Johnny set her off. She is ultimately responsible for her actions. Claudia CHOSE revenge. Look what happened. Michael got hurt. People are saying it's Sonny's fault, Jason's fault, Carly's fault. They are in part responsible. Not directly. Claudia is the one is directly responsible for what happened. She didn't have to do what she did. All she has ever cared about is power and revenge. And now she may lose her baby. She dosn't deserve to have a baby.

You know what else? If she loses the baby, she will try to make Sonny guilty into staying with her. They both went into this marriage not because of love and understanding. Not even liking each other or caring about each other. I have always thought that Claudia really is in love with Sonny. Too bad for her. She used the baby as a means to save her butt. She does NOT deserve to have a child in that way for that purpose.

I will start by saying that i am a fan of Claudia but I do not feel sorry for her. I don't like the way that Sonny has been treating her and I don't like some of the things she has done, but that's what makes TV entertaining. If soap operas were just like the real world no one would watch them. The spunk that Claudia has is what really makes her one of my favorite characters no matter what scheme she is trying to pull off. It is after all only a TV show.

YES!!! I have said the same think like a million times. GH is sooo unrealistic and over the top because it's entertaining, if it was REAL it would be sooo boring!!!
I was a HUGE fan of Claudia when she first came on but not so much any more. She's become so clingy, caniving and pathetic over Sonny. I don't get how she went from hating him so much she wanted to kill him to doing anything and everything she can to keep him in her life & trap him. Ya I get she tricked him into getting her pregnant to try to save her sorry butt however that changed into her becoming delusional that Sonny will actually love her & want to build a real life together..... that has turned me off of her real quick. Hopefully she goes back to being independent so I can enjoy watching her again.

vivvie

Postby vivvie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:15 pm

I don't really feel sorry for her ...but I also do not want her to lose her baby . Even though this baby was planned in a terrible way it has great potential of creating a terrific mother .You just never know . Many women change dramatically after childbirth and ,fingers-crossed ,she could be one. I would like to see her raise this child without Sonny though.

pegrckr

Postby pegrckr » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:06 pm

Quote Meow1113:
Quote stormy1000: When Kate was shot and Claudia stepped over her body and walked away with out trying to assist or calling for help I knew she was a vile creature not worthy of anyones sympathy, and when she caused Micheal to be shot that just made it more plain.

Claudia is a despicable creature who causes her own pain because of her own choices.

When she stepped over Kate like that I was like WTF and my mouth fell open. I was like whaaaaatttt, r u kidding me??!! She is a vile, evil creature, there's no other way to describe her then that!!

You are right in how you describe her. I don't feel sorry for her. If the child lives, she would probably use it in some way to get what she wants and call it love! This is how she is.

liz-fan

Postby liz-fan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:12 pm

Actually I could get into a strong bad Claudia but she needs to be strong and bad like Helena. A woman who makes no excuses or apologies and she doesn't try to save her butt. She just keeps her self from going to jail.

jjourney

Postby jjourney » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Nope not feeling sorry for her.

genhospchat

Postby genhospchat » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:39 pm

Quote liz-fan: Actually I could get into a strong bad Claudia but she needs to be strong and bad like Helena. A woman who makes no excuses or apologies and she doesn't try to save her butt. She just keeps her self from going to jail.

I could go with that as well. Claudia had promise but I think pairing her with Sonny ruined her RIGHT AWAY!

I have a question for everyone, Sonny is the EXACT same kind of person as Claudia, so why does he get grace and Claudia doesn't? Is it because he's a man and SHOULD get more grace or that he has been on the show longer? I won't make excuses for Claudia BUT I just feel, IMO, that she gets a lot more flak for trying to make a marriage with Sonny than Sonny does for the HORRIBLE way he treats her and all that HE'S done to get EVERYONE to this point (most prominently, the mob war and all the aftermath of it because he was selfish enough to kill Karpov for NO REASON).

I can say though, I feel sorry for ANY woman that loses a baby, no matter WHAT anyone's opinion is that she doesn't deserve a child. There are many on the show that I don't feel deserve kids and I still felt bad when they lost theirs.

MarzLuvs3

Postby MarzLuvs3 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:00 am

I am not sure that people are feeling sorry for Claudia per se but most anyone who is a parent, especially a mother can put themselves in Claudia's place and imagine the pain they would feel, especially a mother.

Even though Claudia isn't the mother type... I think GH has done a good job with showing Claudia fall in love with her baby the way that most pregnant women do. The thought of losing a baby is just a devestating thought.

I think that is why people are feeling sorry for her.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:42 am

Quote MarzLuvs3: I am not sure that people are feeling sorry for Claudia per se but most anyone who is a parent, especially a mother can put themselves in Claudia's place and imagine the pain they would feel, especially a mother.

Even though Claudia isn't the mother type... I think GH has done a good job with showing Claudia fall in love with her baby the way that most pregnant women do. The thought of losing a baby is just a devestating thought.

I think that is why people are feeling sorry for her.

ITA that GH has done a good job of showing Claudia coming to love her baby. I said earlier that she didn't deserve a child b/c of the reason she got pregnant in the 1st place, but in the last few days I've felt just a wee bit sorry for her.

vancouverjenny

Postby vancouverjenny » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:59 am

I think people might be feeling sorry for her.. because the acting is so good!! Claudia has done some horrible things, but it is great to watch because yes, it is over the top, but (I think) the acting is so good.

I feel a little sorry for her, but then you know she is going to be on a warpath that will turn it right back into the old Claudia

moptop8670

Postby moptop8670 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:14 am

It's funny. People bash Carly all the time. :( Man was she a piece of work when she first came. *) I remember what a bad arse she was. However, at least when it really counted, she didn't walk right past Claudia and leave her to die. :) Unlike Claudia who walked right by Kate. >(

Return to “General Hospital”