Redeeming Claudia

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
cherrycola

Redeeming Claudia

Postby cherrycola » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:28 pm

When they first introduced Claudia, I thought she would be an interesting dark character with a lot of s/l potential.
After the Michael shooting it all went downhill fast, and we're left with this walking, whining, crying, irritating screwball who can't pour a glass of water without it blowing up in her face. In sptie of numerous opps to confess and face the music, she continues to lie, scheme half-baked schemes, whine, and generally be a completely unsympathetic character.

Let's play a game of Let's Pretend:

You are a new writer for GH who has been assigned the task of creating a six-month character arch to prop Claudia. Since the actress is under (an expensive) contract, the character cannot be killed off or sent out of town. The contract states she must have significant on-screen time. As added incentive, you have been promised a hefty bonus is you can come up with something that increases the character's approval rating in the viewer polls. (Note, this doesn't mean the viewer's have to LIKE her, only that they like WATCHING her.) Oh, and no rewriting GH history.

What is your plan to make Claudia a viewable character?

Mob-Princess

Re: Redeeming Claudia

Postby Mob-Princess » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:20 pm

Well, this is gonna be complicating. I'm a Claws fan, please, no hate. But I'll give it a shot!

Alright, Carly decides to throw a party at the Metrocourt, which, obviously leads to mob tension.

Though, Anthony escapes, as expected, and puts a whole lotta C4 under the lobby. Claudia figures this out, (Don't forget, both children were born healthily) and warns everybody, but no one believes her.

So, she finds, or makes, and entrance to the place Anthony planted the bomb, and does what she can to stop it, only to find out shes not Jason-smart with bombs, and starts to run out.

As she gets back to the lobby, only with seconds to spare, it finally goes off, causing the hotel to start to collapse. In the end, everyone but a few people(Who are dead or injured) survive and thank her.

Another twist, Michael is the first person she saves(The baby's were being baby sat!), he forgives her for him shooting her. Then, both go back in pursuit of finding Kristina and Morgan, then Carly. As expected, Sonny, then whoever.

Don't really like Johnny at parties, but she may save him next to last to redeem herself, if she knew. He was probably in a room upstairs with Olivia if I know any better.

onlygh

Postby onlygh » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:33 am

I truly hate the character of Claudia and don't want her redeemed. I just want her gone. However, since it is clear that we're stuck with her, here's my idea for her redemption. I've painted in broad strokes because I'm out of here to chauffeur children...

Should Claudia lose her child, she will suffer a complete mental breakdown.

During hospitalization for her breakdown, Claudia will undergo a series of therapy sessions with a psychiatrist (not Lainey please!) who will delve into her childhood of abuse by her father and Trevor.

These therapy scenes will be intersperced with flashback sequences showing the suffering she experienced.

She will fight her way back to mental health and see that her vile actions have done nothing to help get back the significant part of her childhood she lost due to her abuse. She'll decide to put her past behind her and live her life to the fullest...be it as a businesswoman; lover; friend; or sibling.

A large part of the problem with Claudia is that we've been given little to no background to show us why she is so damaged. It makes it impossible to empathize with her in any meaningful way. She's simply been drawn, up to this point, as a hateful, spiteful, and amazingly-ignorant woman.

skylie2005

Postby skylie2005 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:43 am

Hate her….would like to see her GONE…..for GOOD! Perhaps she can join AZ in the poky.

pegrckr

Postby pegrckr » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:14 pm

In my eyes there's no redeeming her. I like the s/l onlygh gave her, but personally I just want her gone! I don't think I've ever said that about a character before.

GHOLTLFan

Postby GHOLTLFan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:25 pm

Quote cherrycola: When they first introduced Claudia, I thought she would be an interesting dark character with a lot of s/l potential.
After the Michael shooting it all went downhill fast, and we're left with this walking, whining, crying, irritating screwball who can't pour a glass of water without it blowing up in her face.

:D :D :D I so totally agree and I don't think she can be redeemed. However, Onlygh's idea sounds deliciously mean and quite interesting 3)

Vaidute1988

Postby Vaidute1988 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:25 pm

They could never reedem Sam or Claudia atleast that's what I think.

I actually hate Sam more then Claudia, I guess what's the difference is that Claudia's hit was on Sonny, and she never wanted Michael to get shot, she even tried to cancel the hit, but it was too late. And everybody knows when you are in the mob, a child could get hurt. But I hate for using a baby, that is still not born, to save her own butt.

But for Sam, she intentionally watched a little kid get kidnapped by unstable woman, and that child was the man she loved, how could you do something like that to a person you love?

Secondly she hired two gunmen, to scare ELizabeth and her kids from Jason's life. How can you live with yourself, for what you did? She lost a child she knows how that feels, so I believe Claudia is better then Sam

HOT PINK

Postby HOT PINK » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:27 pm

I don't think Claudia can be redeemed (or turned into someone viewers can sympathize with). Hate to say it, but I'd like to see her gone as well - she could go back to Italy and take over her Uncle Rudy's side of the family business.

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:32 pm

I cannot stand Claudia or Sonny and wish they would both go away! >(

But if we must redeem them, here's my suggestion. The baby turns out to be Sonny's. When the little one is born, there are complications. It forces these two to stop focusing totally on themselves and think about the welfare of someone else for a change. They work together to provide a loving, supportive life for the new baby.

bigtimesoapfan

Postby bigtimesoapfan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:40 pm

I love Claudia! Im gonna be so p'od if the writers have her loose this baby! It would make more sense if Carly(who's pregnancy is much more high risk) lost hers!(But I want both to have their babies!) He can still choose Olivia and have a baby with Claudia(especialy when the truth about Dante comes out!) I hope Cluadia finds out first!! and wipes the floor with the info!!

Return to “General Hospital”