Why Does GH repeat on certain Holidays, While the Others Don't

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
TheValFran

Why Does GH repeat on certain Holidays, While the Others Don't

Postby TheValFran » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:10 am

All the other soaps are putting on new shows on July 4th, but GH always repeats. I guess ABC is cheap. It makes no sense how they repeat GH and with all the interruptions they do with news that can wait for later there is no reason for it.

taramartin

Re: Why Does GH repeat on certain Holidays, While the Others Don't

Postby taramartin » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:42 am

Budget I guess. I just wish instead of showing a rerun from a few weeks or months ago they would do it from years ago. At Thanksgiving it could be an old Quartermain Thanksgiving. Luke&Laura's wedding, young Sonny, BJ's death - there are many great episodes that new and old viewers should enjoy.

Chococat1492

Postby Chococat1492 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:18 am

taramartin wrote:Budget I guess. I just wish instead of showing a rerun from a few weeks or months ago they would do it from years ago. At Thanksgiving it could be an old Quartermain Thanksgiving. Luke&Laura's wedding, young Sonny, BJ's death - there are many great episodes that new and old viewers should enjoy.

I always wondered why GH showed reruns as well. It would be good to see some vintage GH episodes. Speaking of the BJ’s death episode, i just saw that(again) the other day. That episode was so gut wrenching. Dr. Tony Jones was never the same after that. He just went on a downward spiral, which was very sad.

MarieDet

Postby MarieDet » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:59 am

ABC is a garbage organization, it has nothing to do with budget because all the frequent times when episodes are pre-empted are much more frequent than are holidays.

They have no respect for the genre, any excuse to cut it off even with only 5-10 minutes left of programming, they break in and ruin it with junk "news" and stupid nonsense.

TheValFran

Postby TheValFran » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:18 pm

ITA with you all. I always thought the same thing and glad to see others are thinking the same way.

Return to “General Hospital”