Underage kids in a bar

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
gonecountry

Re: Underage kids in a bar

Postby gonecountry » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:58 pm

Pa. Is the same. Only private clubs that are also alcohol serving bars can cater to private affairs with kids. Some bars in this old Quaker state still have ladies entrances and prefer(not forced) that they sit in the back room.
Talk about old fashioned.
I was in Florida with my 18 year old grandson. I went into a liquer store to purchase wine. He told me he had to wait outside because he wasn't 21. Now thats ridiculous he was with me.

fancritic100

Postby fancritic100 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:10 am

I would think a pre-prohibition citing of a case [1915], would be moot since prohibition was 1920 -1933 - jus sayin'
also, lots of restaurants serve food and liquor, and teens can go there [i.e. olive garden, tgif, ruby tuesdays, etc etc etc] and I think it says "Charley's Pub" not bar, which has a different connotation
according to a google search for pub vs bar, I found this:
Bars are establishments that serve drinks for consumption on the premises. A Pub generally is a place for locals to hang out, eat and drink
and finally, it's a soap opera which exists in an alternate universe

stonecoldhot

Postby stonecoldhot » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:23 am

Haven't we seen Charlotte in the bar area at the Metro Court?

centrd

Postby centrd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:41 am

stonecoldhot wrote:Haven't we seen Charlotte in the bar area at the Metro Court?

Yup, getting hot chocolate.

gonecountry

Postby gonecountry » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:32 pm

This s/l is just an excuse for Alexass to forgive Julian and make a triangle out of J. K. A.
I'm sure Port Upchuck is choc full of venues for kids.
ie Metro Court, Kelly's and of course the Art Gallery. They're only the ones on the show. Secondly isn't discrimination against the law? How can a principal not let a child into a dance especially in this day and age? LGBTQIR is everywhere. They have had laws passed. I remember Gov. Wallace tried to prevent black children from entering his schools after an anti segregation law was passed. Brown vs.The Board of Education. National guard was activated. And, they would have shot him. So laws are laws.

centrd

Postby centrd » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:47 pm

gonecountry wrote:This s/l is just an excuse for Alexass to forgive Julian and make a triangle out of J. K. A.
I'm sure Port Upchuck is choc full of venues for kids.
ie Metro Court, Kelly's and of course the Art Gallery. They're only the ones on the show. Secondly isn't discrimination against the law? How can a principal not let a child into a dance especially in this day and age? LGBTQIR is everywhere. They have had laws passed. I remember Gov. Wallace tried to prevent black children from entering his schools after an anti segregation law was passed. Brown vs.The Board of Education. National guard was activated. And, they would have shot him. So laws are laws.

Lots of schools are still trying to ban gender-identity-related activities. South Dakota is currently trying to ban gender identification instruction from their schools. Private schools, in particular, would be candidates for censure. I'm sure those would be the kind of schools that Josslyn and Oscar would attend.

A Wisconsin school just last month had to pay $800,000 to a transgender student after banning him from the boys' bathroom. But it didn't stop Texas from just instituting the same ban in their schools.

gonecountry

Postby gonecountry » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Its just so sad. I have been touched with the P&G commercials about bigotry and a child seen thru a Mom's eyes. The one that gets me every time is the young boy who drops his skates to dance towards his Mom hanging laundry. Her beautiful boy has a black eye. Maybe he's gay, or maybe he just likes to skate. Regardless, some punk bully did that to him.
I thank P&G for these thought provoking commercials.
I hate teachers and principals and parents who teach bullying by their actions, or lack thereof. They are cowards.

Return to “General Hospital”