That's right Andrew take a seat HAHAHA!

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
GHfansince03
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Re: That's right Andrew take a seat HAHAHA!

Postby GHfansince03 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:11 pm

centrd wrote:
GHfansince03 wrote:If everything you say is truly how you feel then you should be more aware of other things you say and how they came off, and how it constantly seems your bashing Steve’s acting that’s all


It's all perception. It doesn't seem negative until you disagree with it. Have you questioned your own objectivity? You don't like what you perceive as Steve bashing. Have you challenged those who've been bashing Billy since Steve came back? And in less than friendly ways? I could quote SO many mean things said about him and why he is NOT Jason and should NOT be and could NEVER be Jason because etc. etc..

Like I said, I don't start these threads, I don't believe in bashing AT ALL. But I WILL respond to it if I get fed up. And there's been a lot to respond to, most of which I ignore.


Like I said this is the first time I actually spoke out about it so no I have not commented towards those bashing Billy, also because truthfully I haven’t seen any... I’m sure they’re there that’s why I included him in me stating my dislike for people bashing both actors. But no, I have not seen any bashing of Billy myself, probably because I try to avoid threads that seem negative until this one. I also believe someone saying he’s not Jason because he isn’t stone cold is not bashing him, (if I see things against Billy it’s normally that) if anything it’s a backhanded compliment implying he’s more diverse then that.

GHfansince03
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Re: That's right Andrew take a seat HAHAHA!

Postby GHfansince03 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 pm

centrd wrote:
LenaGH31 wrote:
I already responded to one of your quotes but I had to respond to this. Yes I have said BM was no Jason Morgan in more or less degrees, did it come off as bashing, which I never thought it to be, but it might have I get that and clearly as a fan of BM I can understand your mindset and angst I guess but please answer me this one question, please!!!!! If old BM was such a great and fabulous Jason Morgan why on earth would the writers bring back the real SB to play Jason Morgan to replace him? Because I'm willing to bet the farm it wasn't to intense a storyline it's because people like me vanished, ratings decline, and only you and the few of you like BM as Jason. You have to ask yourself if BM was soooo good as Jason, why is he no longer Jason. But to you to he still is Jason because the writers will switch itup again and he WILL be Jason. What does that sound like to you?


Wow and you wonder why it gets offensive? The mocking "if he was so great and fabulous" is supposed to be objective? The guy has 3 emmys. After just a few short years on soaps. What you just did was make a whole bunch of statements of fact that aren't provable whatsoever. All based on your opinions. Why do his fans (and there are legions) have to keep defending Billy Miller?

There are lots of reasons to bring SB back. He was popular. SO IS BILLY MILLER and you're honestly not paying attention if you think he only has "a few fans". That would be ludicrous. There is room for two highly popular actors on one show. Better for GH. Was it the best decision to give SB his old job back? Only time will tell. And eventually, we'll find out how all involved felt about it.

Also, the ratings weren't dropping because of SB being gone. They were dropping because the writing sucked. For a good period of time. In fact, Steve's good friend, Jill Farren Phillips, who he later followed from GH over to Y&R where she destroyed that show too, was one of the reasons GH sucked so bad. Thank God it's recovered, it may be the only soap ever to do so under her rule. Y&R are still on life support. It used to be almost tied with GH for my favorite soap. I haven't watched it, except for a few times, in the last couple years.

So let's just drop it, because you think I'M not being objective when I hear you stating things as fact that are simply your opinions.

You can defend SB all you want, and I can defend Billy Miller. No harm no foul. Just don't tell me I'm not being objective or unfair. If I am then Pot --> Kettle. And I don't think I am. But then, I'm not objective about myself, and neither are you.


I will say this one statement, not to seem like I’m contradicting but Billy’s 3 emmys... yes he is an amazing actor but I truly believe along with many others that Steve has had multiple Emmy worthy scenes just like even Kelly Monaco with baby Lila and other scenes or how about kate when she was kate and Connie my god that was amazing, so many other Emmy worthy things that haven’t won an Emmy, some things are just overlooked when it comes to Emmy’s unfortunately. :(

GHfansince03
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:31 pm

Re: That's right Andrew take a seat HAHAHA!

Postby GHfansince03 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 pm

GHfansince03 wrote:
centrd wrote:
LenaGH31 wrote:
I already responded to one of your quotes but I had to respond to this. Yes I have said BM was no Jason Morgan in more or less degrees, did it come off as bashing, which I never thought it to be, but it might have I get that and clearly as a fan of BM I can understand your mindset and angst I guess but please answer me this one question, please!!!!! If old BM was such a great and fabulous Jason Morgan why on earth would the writers bring back the real SB to play Jason Morgan to replace him? Because I'm willing to bet the farm it wasn't to intense a storyline it's because people like me vanished, ratings decline, and only you and the few of you like BM as Jason. You have to ask yourself if BM was soooo good as Jason, why is he no longer Jason. But to you to he still is Jason because the writers will switch itup again and he WILL be Jason. What does that sound like to you?


Wow and you wonder why it gets offensive? The mocking "if he was so great and fabulous" is supposed to be objective? The guy has 3 emmys. After just a few short years on soaps. What you just did was make a whole bunch of statements of fact that aren't provable whatsoever. All based on your opinions. Why do his fans (and there are legions) have to keep defending Billy Miller?

There are lots of reasons to bring SB back. He was popular. SO IS BILLY MILLER and you're honestly not paying attention if you think he only has "a few fans". That would be ludicrous. There is room for two highly popular actors on one show. Better for GH. Was it the best decision to give SB his old job back? Only time will tell. And eventually, we'll find out how all involved felt about it.

Also, the ratings weren't dropping because of SB being gone. They were dropping because the writing sucked. For a good period of time. In fact, Steve's good friend, Jill Farren Phillips, who he later followed from GH over to Y&R where she destroyed that show too, was one of the reasons GH sucked so bad. Thank God it's recovered, it may be the only soap ever to do so under her rule. Y&R are still on life support. It used to be almost tied with GH for my favorite soap. I haven't watched it, except for a few times, in the last couple years.

So let's just drop it, because you think I'M not being objective when I hear you stating things as fact that are simply your opinions.

You can defend SB all you want, and I can defend Billy Miller. No harm no foul. Just don't tell me I'm not being objective or unfair. If I am then Pot --> Kettle. And I don't think I am. But then, I'm not objective about myself, and neither are you.


I will say this one statement, not to seem like I’m contradicting but Billy’s 3 emmys... yes he is an amazing actor but I truly believe along with many others that Steve has had multiple Emmy worthy scenes just like even Kelly Monaco with baby Lila and other scenes or how about kate when she was kate and Connie my god that was amazing, so many other Emmy worthy things that haven’t won an Emmy, some things are just overlooked when it comes to Emmy’s unfortunately. :(



Also I just checked ... Maurice Benard (sonny) has only won 1 Emmy where’s Brian Craig (Morgan) won two!!!! Good for them for earning them at all but just my point of them being difficult to acquire or even get nominated for even if you have Emmy worthy acting... Maurice has definitely had more then one Emmy winning scene or at least I think so but I love sonny so maybe I am biased I just think Mo does an incredible job with his character.

LenaGH31
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: That's right Andrew take a seat HAHAHA!

Postby LenaGH31 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Centrd you’re on my post, I’m don’t have to drop anything. Take a chill pill. Everybody’s views is their own thought and opinion I find it shocking that you are getting worked up over two dudes we are talking about but don’t even know. I believe in difference of opinions and healthy debates but I’m not over here typing with venom in my fingertips so please calm down. I might be a smart ass it’s gentic I do apologize but nothing I say should offend you, I don’t know you to offend you that’s why I’m over reading what you writing but not taking offense to it because this is what this forum is all about, people’s opinions.

But to address you as I have said I love BM on Y&R I have no problem with his acting capabilities he is a great actor, little ole me can’t take that away from him. But little ole me knows he sucks playing Jason Morgan, sorry but not sorry. We are two people clearly bias and calling each other none objective and that’s normal for two people who adore out actors the way we do but you’re getting to worked up over it. I will apologize if I came across mean but I’m going stick by the fact that BM as Jason I’m not for it, and then you argue the reason why you are all for it, but we need to maintain the fact that the topic is really not that serious to get into our feelings so strongly over and that is not to tell you how to feel. But I am wrong if you felt like I was attacking you. I can be smart ass’ish but just give it to me right back ratehr take offense because I’m not meaning anything by it. I enjoy to debating more with you we don’t agree on one thing for sure and I would like to continue that through a healthy debate since I’m not going to join over to your side and you over to mine. But also, I never said the rating dropped because SB left they dropped because in addition to bad writing as your mentioned which was really a huge part of it, I agree, but in addition they were bringing back Jason in comes new guy BM but from day one he never played true to the character and as a writer myself I believe if they wrote it back to have made it the great reunion of Jasam at the time I once was a Jasam fan it would have changed the ratings.

LenaGH31
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: That's right Andrew take a seat HAHAHA!

Postby LenaGH31 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:54 pm

GHfansince03 wrote:
centrd wrote:
GHfansince03 wrote:If everything you say is truly how you feel then you should be more aware of other things you say and how they came off, and how it constantly seems your bashing Steve’s acting that’s all


It's all perception. It doesn't seem negative until you disagree with it. Have you questioned your own objectivity? You don't like what you perceive as Steve bashing. Have you challenged those who've been bashing Billy since Steve came back? And in less than friendly ways? I could quote SO many mean things said about him and why he is NOT Jason and should NOT be and could NEVER be Jason because etc. etc..

Like I said, I don't start these threads, I don't believe in bashing AT ALL. But I WILL respond to it if I get fed up. And there's been a lot to respond to, most of which I ignore.


Like I said this is the first time I actually spoke out about it so no I have not commented towards those bashing Billy, also because truthfully I haven’t seen any... I’m sure they’re there that’s why I included him in me stating my dislike for people bashing both actors. But no, I have not seen any bashing of Billy myself, probably because I try to avoid threads that seem negative until this one. I also believe someone saying he’s not Jason because he isn’t stone cold is not bashing him, (if I see things against Billy it’s normally that) if anything it’s a backhanded compliment implying he’s more diverse then that.


Thank you GHFan because I saw the word bashing and I'm thinking if I say I don't like that duck as a duck am I bashing ducks?? It's about our views and our opinions at the end of the day and to people getting so worked up and about nothing that does not add or subtract anything out of your bank accounts they make it negative because their "offended" on behalf of people who don't even know them or at me who don't even know them. I honestly haven't heard anything of bashing at BM other than on the lines of the writers cast the wrong guy to play Jason but it wasn't anything mean to a degree of total assault. I love BM as a actor but I NEVER will as him playing the role of Jason all I'm saying.

User avatar
Stilitia
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Re: That's right Andrew take a seat HAHAHA!

Postby Stilitia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:46 pm

GHfansince03 wrote:
Also I just checked ... Maurice Benard (sonny) has only won 1 Emmy where’s Brian Craig (Morgan) won two!!!! Good for them for earning them at all but just my point of them being difficult to acquire or even get nominated for even if you have Emmy worthy acting... Maurice has definitely had more then one Emmy winning scene or at least I think so but I love sonny so maybe I am biased I just think Mo does an incredible job with his character.


:o WOW that man definitely deserves more then that for the amazing work he's done over the years!! My word some alone the first few times they brought up the bipolar stuff without knowing he was bipolar is just breathtakingly beautifully painful... oh man... 1, are you serious?? Jees sorry, a wee shocked on that lol

Any hoot. I just wanted to go on to agree with a few of you on the whole bashing, angry whatnot. We are all allowed to disagree, we are all entitle to an opinion, we all clearly love GH and the many actors and characters it has and has had. We just need to keep in mind to not be so direct in telling people how wrong they are, unless we're talking about facts....like when someone was born, when a death happened, a marriage, actual event... and not about things like how you love how someone is portrayed, and this person is better at it, etc... then there is no need for it. Just simply say you see it different, or feel different or disagree. Not words like you are wrong ;)

User avatar
Johnlives
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Re: That's right Andrew take a seat HAHAHA!

Postby Johnlives » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:06 pm

edith8087 wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:
surferdude wrote:andrew just lost his life for the second time so he is a victim in all this


And about to be court martialed if Carly and Sonny don't step in and get him a good attorney. I'm sure Sam is going to turn to Alexia for help which would be a mistake given she can barely make it through a day with out thinking about Julian and then fighting the urge to drink. With Jules out on bail who knows when he'll push her over the edge and break her sobriety.

I don't like how weak they are making Alexis when it comes to Julian. I could never get past the part where he put a knife against her throat. How can you have love for a man that does that? That ruined it for me with Julian and I can't believe Alexis still carries a torch for him.

Yes, indeed! That is what cinched it for me. How can Alexia possibly love Julian after that?

Slaphappy1377
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:57 am

Re: That's right Andrew take a seat HAHAHA!

Postby Slaphappy1377 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:15 am

Just for the record I am a killy fan. However, I am jasam fan too. So I when either way! :D I have been watching GH off and on since the early 90s. However, if Killy breaks up I don't want it to be because she ran back to Jason. I want it to be honest and open dialog. BM plays a wide range of emotions and I like him to how Jason Q used to be before the accident. Having SB come back as Jason was an injustice to SB. They painted him into a box in my honest opinion. He has so much talent and due to the multiple brain injuries of his character he is incapable of changing.

But I am probably one of the few that doesn't see Drew as whiney. Jeez that man just found out his whole life is one big fat lie. He is like a drowning man. I think I would be near a panic attack too. I did like that he confronted Andre and wanted to piece together who the hell he was. Andre is the most whiney deflective character on the show right now.

centrd
Posts: 2182
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: That's right Andrew take a seat HAHAHA!

Postby centrd » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:14 pm

Slaphappy1377 wrote:Just for the record I am a killy fan. However, I am jasam fan too. So I when either way! :D I have been watching GH off and on since the early 90s. However, if Killy breaks up I don't want it to be because she ran back to Jason. I want it to be honest and open dialog. BM plays a wide range of emotions and I like him to how Jason Q used to be before the accident. Having SB come back as Jason was an injustice to SB. They painted him into a box in my honest opinion. He has so much talent and due to the multiple brain injuries of his character he is incapable of changing.

But I am probably one of the few that doesn't see Drew as whiney. Jeez that man just found out his whole life is one big fat lie. He is like a drowning man. I think I would be near a panic attack too. I did like that he confronted Andre and wanted to piece together who the hell he was. Andre is the most whiney deflective character on the show right now.


You're not one of the few. Maybe on this site, but certainly not out there in the real world. And no, he's not in the least bit whiny, he's traumatized, yet still holding it together, somehow. But apparently, some viewers feel that despite everything this character has been through, he deserves no compassion.

edith8087
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:05 am

Re: That's right Andrew take a seat HAHAHA!

Postby edith8087 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:43 pm

centrd wrote:
Slaphappy1377 wrote:Just for the record I am a killy fan. However, I am jasam fan too. So I when either way! :D I have been watching GH off and on since the early 90s. However, if Killy breaks up I don't want it to be because she ran back to Jason. I want it to be honest and open dialog. BM plays a wide range of emotions and I like him to how Jason Q used to be before the accident. Having SB come back as Jason was an injustice to SB. They painted him into a box in my honest opinion. He has so much talent and due to the multiple brain injuries of his character he is incapable of changing.

But I am probably one of the few that doesn't see Drew as whiney. Jeez that man just found out his whole life is one big fat lie. He is like a drowning man. I think I would be near a panic attack too. I did like that he confronted Andre and wanted to piece together who the hell he was. Andre is the most whiney deflective character on the show right now.


You're not one of the few. Maybe on this site, but certainly not out there in the real world. And no, he's not in the least bit whiny, he's traumatized, yet still holding it together, somehow. But apparently, some viewers feel that despite everything this character has been through, he deserves no compassion.

I don't find Drew whiney either. Billy Miller is doing an excellent job in portraying all the emotions that Drew is going through. I don't get all of this negative comments on this board regarding a great actor. He and Kelly Monaco do have a huge fan base. Sod newest edition has named Billy Miller and Kelly Monaco as #1 couple . This was for this past year and Billy Miller was playing Jason Morgan.


Return to “General Hospital”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: edith8087 and 1 guest

Back to Top