Here's the way I recall the situation going down with Valentin

GHers! Register and post about everything that goes on in Port Charles.
Lauras987

Re: Here's the way I recall the situation going down with Valentin

Postby Lauras987 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:43 pm

I agree that there were lots of witnesses to Valentines's crimes against Nick, Kevin etc, but they were committed on Cassadine Island which is much like Sonny's Island (a pseudo country privately owned where standard laws don't exist). As far as Spencer and his intent, there isn't legal proof that he was going to do anything more than spend time with his nephew. Yes, as viewers we know that it looked like he was going to harm Spencer, but I don't think he would have been prosecuted for "spending time" with his nephew. I can also see how the WSB might want to cover up the Chimera scandal. Governments do that all the time. So as a viewer I can see how Valentine could be in Port Charles a free man. Still, I'm curious to see if the writers are going to have Valentine working with Nick all along as a cover-up for Nick's crimes or will they return his character to a villain that would have had Helena quaking in her boots.

fighterm

Postby fighterm » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:56 pm

monicalewis wrote:Totally agree. This is plain nonsense about this guy being redeemed and now Anna has the hots for him too? You don't change overnight from mass murderer to sweet and wonderful husband and father. The Cassadine's eat their young, Val wanted to kill Spenser and I have no doubt he would kill his "daughter" out of spite if he lost custody and was not allowed to ever see Charlotte ever again.

Valentin is redeemed now and I love him. He went through some traumatic experiences, but Nina's love and the closure from Anna changed him.

NotReal

Postby NotReal » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:55 pm

The only way the writers can legitimately redeem him is: Maybe they all had been slipped a drug on the island..all but Nik and Val, and Kevin needed to be shot to give the whole scene credence, but the whole 'act' was orchestrated so Nic could fake his own death....maybe..otherwise, since these horrific events did happen, even if Nic is alive, there is no redemption. BUT I WANT him to be redeemed! I like him!! :?

fighterm

Postby fighterm » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:12 pm

NotReal wrote:The only way the writers can legitimately redeem him is: Maybe they all had been slipped a drug on the island..all but Nik and Val, and Kevin needed to be shot to give the whole scene credence, but the whole 'act' was orchestrated so Nic could fake his own death....maybe..otherwise, since these horrific events did happen, even if Nic is alive, there is no redemption. BUT I WANT him to be redeemed! I like him!! :?

Maybe they all faked Niks death. Well, nobody looked under the balcony to see if he was injured and needed help or to retrieve his body. Which is the most ridiculous thing that happened.

edith8087

Postby edith8087 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:29 pm

I am hoping that Nicholas is hiding out somewhere. I also want them to find this out during the lawsuit and also determine that Valentin helped Nick faked his death. I want the Nick that was a recast. I can't remember his name but I liked him. If they can bring Steve Burton back maybe we could even get Tyler back. Anything is possible.

fighterm

Postby fighterm » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:57 pm

edith8087 wrote:I am hoping that Nicholas is hiding out somewhere. I also want them to find this out during the lawsuit and also determine that Valentin helped Nick faked his death. I want the Nick that was a recast. I can't remember his name but I liked him. If they can bring Steve Burton back maybe we could even get Tyler back. Anything is possible.

I want the Nik the recast too (Nick Stabile).

walkerfan10

Postby walkerfan10 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 am

fighterm wrote:
monicalewis wrote:Totally agree. This is plain nonsense about this guy being redeemed and now Anna has the hots for him too? You don't change overnight from mass murderer to sweet and wonderful husband and father. The Cassadine's eat their young, Val wanted to kill Spenser and I have no doubt he would kill his "daughter" out of spite if he lost custody and was not allowed to ever see Charlotte ever again.

Valentin is redeemed now and I love him. He went through some traumatic experiences, but Nina's love and the closure from Anna changed him.

How is someone redeemed if they never even admit to their crime or make any kind of amends. Valentin acts like nothing happened. He is not redeemed at least not in my eyes. I like him but he still needs to redeem himself. right now I see him as a terrorist. He terrorized them on that island.

seraphim

Postby seraphim » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Guessing, some of you, luv sonny

hebrides

Postby hebrides » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:46 am

Anna has moved on to flirting with Andre. It was her twin who was sweet on Valentin.

Today Valentin said straight out that Nikolas faked his death. I believe him. How come most people don't? Does he have to shout it, and offer proof by delivering Nikolas? I guess he will then.

Jeanine5

Postby Jeanine5 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:48 am

I like Valentin evil or not. He's a great actor and I love it when he's on. Everyone gets away with awful things on GH. Sonny, Carly and Ava come to mind. Although for some reason I dislike Sonny, probably because they make him out to be some kind of god regardless of his behavior. So sick of this on again off again with Carly. Valentin is my new favorite since Julian is leaving.

Return to “General Hospital”