Goodbye to my dear soap

Show's over but feel free to continue chatting to keep Oakdale alive.
Winter Rose

Re: Goodbye to my dear soap

Postby Winter Rose » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:26 am

If you get Nancy Grace on their case , she will talk about it for months . That women is like a dog with a tasty bone , she never wants to turn loose of a story.

Spaceroy

Postby Spaceroy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:33 am

OMG the O.W.H. (oakdale worm hole, its similar to a black hole but allowed the residents of Oakdale to travel to lets say New York in 20 seconds) So the OWH finally swallowed up the randy residents of Oakdale and is now going toward Chicago!!! OMG OMG

sonny6

Postby sonny6 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Quote Spaceroy: That why I am afraid to start investing in another soap, I'm afraid I'll get all into it and they will just take it away!! So I'm not sure how to proceed, are any of you guys thinking of watching a different soap and if so which one are you thinking about?

About a month or so I started to watch The Young and Restless, I had heard that some of the cast of GL was on there, and now to hear Maura West (my favorite daytime actress) was cast as a member i am tickled to death. I watched Y&R years ago, believe me after a month in to it all came back to me who they played. The story lines after reading soap.com I was up to date on what was going on. Believe you me this is the only reason I will continue watching CBS becasue I can still see some of my second family and get my fix. B&B I also watch only because its on. s/l on B&B are starting to make me think, they will be the next to go. In the months to go if anyone of you hear anything about the other cast members of ATWT please let us all know. I would love to know how and where they are. love you guys.

Spaceroy

Postby Spaceroy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:22 am

I am really worried about the cast, sure Maura got a job right away, but what is happening to everyone else? I am really torn up about it and would really like to keep up with them. I hope they all find gainful employment, and I hope its acting in something I can watch!!

Winter Rose

Postby Winter Rose » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 am

How you holding up today girlfriend ? I'm already tearing up . I had rather go to the doctor and get a pap test than to see this day come .

Spaceroy

Postby Spaceroy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:37 am

Oh Arkie I am barley hanging on!! I told my kids that today is a sacred day and they have got to be completely quiet and respectful during the final hours of my soap..they can't believe that its not going to be on anymore, they had decided that when they were out of the house they too would watch ATWT...but alas they won't be able to carry on this tradition...BWAAAAAA

Winter Rose

Postby Winter Rose » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:47 am

I don't know if I can stand the hurting this afternoon .
Damn the people that are hurting so many fans and all the people they put out of work in New York .

Spaceroy

Postby Spaceroy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:05 am

I too am surprised at the amount of strife this is causing me, but everyday for lunch for the past 24 years ( I've watched for longer but super steady for the last 24 ) My sister and I would watch ATWT...everyday...24 years...longer than I've had my Babies ( who are 22 and 24 )
How can that not affect somebody....I'm truly brokenhearted.

Natalie

Postby Natalie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Im very saddened by the end of this... :(

angie850

Postby angie850 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Quote Spaceroy: That why I am afraid to start investing in another soap, I'm afraid I'll get all into it and they will just take it away!! So I'm not sure how to proceed, are any of you guys thinking of watching a different soap and if so which one are you thinking about?

I won't be watching another soap. I already watch Y&R and B&B, and that's enough drama for one day. I wish that they would extend B&B to 1 hour since ATWT is gone, but there is no telling WHAT they will replace ATWT with. Probably another stupid talk show!

Return to “As the World Turns”