Nancy's Prayer of Thanksgiving.

Show's over but feel free to continue chatting to keep Oakdale alive.
Matt

Nancy's Prayer of Thanksgiving.

Postby Matt » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:44 am

Oh God, when I have food, help me to remember the hungry. When I have work, help me to remember the jobless. When I have a home, help me to remember those who have no home at all. When I am without pain, help me to remember those who suffer. And remember, help me to destroy my complacency, to stir my compassion and be concerned enough to help by word and deed those who cry for what we take for granted. Amen.

Earthmom

Re: Nancy's Prayer of Thanksgiving.

Postby Earthmom » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:08 am

Thank you, Matt.

nonniepat

Postby nonniepat » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Thank you Matt.

I will treasure Nancy's Prayer as I treasure all the years of having the privilege to watch such an awesome show with Ms. Wagner and the marvelous actors/actresses who have come through Oakdale.

GLandWT

Postby GLandWT » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:41 pm

I too thank you Matt. As I read Nancy's Payer of Thanksgiving, I thought how fitting it is that we all can take a lesson from it...

Sometimes we become so caught up in "self" that we don't take time to think about others that are less fortunate than we are. Again, thank you Matt.

Barb G

Postby Barb G » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:15 pm

Matt...It was wonderful of you to post Nancy's Prayer of Thanksgiving! Thank you so much!!! I've printed it out and it will be said in my home on every special occasion that we celebrate. What a great way to keep Nancy (Helen) with us always. Thank you again... :)

Return to “As the World Turns”