today show was sad

Show's over but feel free to continue chatting to keep Oakdale alive.
pink kiity

today show was sad

Postby pink kiity » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:46 pm

watching today show was sad and remembering all of those old scene and remembering them was sad and saying good bye to Nancy Hugh was sad to and seeing hers in those scene in hers younger days was sad knowing thats shes is no longer around makes it even sadder to me now than before i was in jr high in the 60 and thats when i started watching as the world around turns; when they had Dee and Annie on the soap ;( but i knew this day was coming when they only renewal for 1 year in 2009 when guiding light was ax so im am not as shock as some of you are, and now the world will be stop turning soon

Re: today show was sad

Postby nonniepat » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Yesterday's show was heart wrenching to watch but I loved every second of it at the same time.

I cried all the way through and seeing the old B/W scenes of Nancy, Chris, young Bob and the Judge was priceless.

I know I will be crying harder each day as the days grow closer to the world stopping. By the end of the show on the 17th I will be a mess but I wouldn't miss a second of it now for anything.

Postby Natalie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:47 pm

all good things must come to an end I suppose... ~sigh~~

Postby calliope » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:14 pm

Yesterday was a sad show and I think we will have some more sad days ahead. I sure will miss these people.

Postby GLandWT » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:33 pm

I was a little concern about yesterday's episode when (IMO) Bob seemed a little detached as a son losing his mother.

Today's episode showed Bob, (again IMO) as a son who has lost his mother. When Bob broke down, my heart ached for him.

I can not begin to imagine how Bob must have felt - just having spoken to his mother not more than 10 minutes prior and to be the one to find her... The scene was so real to life...

Two very good shows in two days...

Postby KatStevens » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:16 pm

I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for the actors to film the tribute to Nancy & the following episode. I merely had to watch & it was emotional! It was wonderful to see the montage of earlier years & think back to all the great actors & stories. Helen Wagner was truly a television legend IMO. John Dixon seems like he just stepped back in from a week hiatus, rather than years! I do wish the show wasn't focusing so much on Katie in the final days, but will savor every remaining minute. (From what I've read, it sounds like the show week will be difficult for me to watch again later in the week.

Return to “As the World Turns”