Katie...Ugh!

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
stargaze

Re: Katie...Ugh!

Postby stargaze » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:23 am

MyBaddMove wrote:
77RestlessFan wrote:
Eudocia508 wrote:I guess I have a different take on Katie's parenting--today anyway. When I saw her tell Bill to take care of his son, that he isn't "the babysitter", that she believed he could get the boy to stay and suggested (or told) him how...and the kid was saying "I want mom", I thought why give in to a child and let him dictate what to do--he was with HIS FATHER for crying out loud. Why spoil the kid and take him home and baby him... I was spoiled as a child and paid for it dearly later on. I remember when I went to summer camp, I ended up having the time of my life but a friend I brought with me cried incessantly and had to have her parents pick her up the second day. I was appalled, I remember and thought this girl will never leave home! Anyway, we're all entitled to our opinion. I just thought the kid was a brat!

I think that maybe Katie should have been dealing with situation before it got to this point. Why has she waited so long before talking to Bill about Will. Oh, that's right she was busy with Wyatt. She told Bill, 'He (Will) misses you.' It certainly didn't seem like Will missed Bill. He wanted to go home to his mother. Katie decided to dump Will that night because she wanted to have sex with Thorne. Bill tried to tell her that it wouldn't work, that it was too soon and Katie wouldn't listen.

Her moments with Wyatt is not the problem. Will looks about 6 now. It should have been addressed before Wyatt. And during that time Katie was single, in a slum and raising Will alone while BIll was meddling. Bell just simply did not care to address it until now. Thorne should stay out of it though.

Katie has not been raising Will in a slum. Katie lives next door to Eric.

When Katie was with Wyatt it seemed that the time that they usually spent together was during the day when Will would have been in school.

It has apparently been a while since Bill has spent any quality time with Will. Attending his son s games is not the same thing as spending time with your child. Bill was completely awkward with his son.

There was nothing wrong with Katie wanting to have some private time with her beau. Maybe Will overheard Bill and Katie talking. From the conversation Will would have picked up that his father was not really keen on having him spend the night. Add to that the fact that Thorne was already present when Bill arrived to pick up Will would have left Will feeling that he was being sent away so that Mom could spend time with another man.

The actor playing new Will is said to be 9 years old. Children this age can very quickly pick up on how to manipulate the parents.

happens

Postby happens » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:42 am

MyBaddMove wrote:
77RestlessFan wrote:
Eudocia508 wrote:I guess I have a different take on Katie's parenting--today anyway. When I saw her tell Bill to take care of his son, that he isn't "the babysitter", that she believed he could get the boy to stay and suggested (or told) him how...and the kid was saying "I want mom", I thought why give in to a child and let him dictate what to do--he was with HIS FATHER for crying out loud. Why spoil the kid and take him home and baby him... I was spoiled as a child and paid for it dearly later on. I remember when I went to summer camp, I ended up having the time of my life but a friend I brought with me cried incessantly and had to have her parents pick her up the second day. I was appalled, I remember and thought this girl will never leave home! Anyway, we're all entitled to our opinion. I just thought the kid was a brat!

I think that maybe Katie should have been dealing with situation before it got to this point. Why has she waited so long before talking to Bill about Will. Oh, that's right she was busy with Wyatt. She told Bill, 'He (Will) misses you.' It certainly didn't seem like Will missed Bill. He wanted to go home to his mother. Katie decided to dump Will that night because she wanted to have sex with Thorne. Bill tried to tell her that it wouldn't work, that it was too soon and Katie wouldn't listen.

Her moments with Wyatt is not the problem. Will looks about 6 now. It should have been addressed before Wyatt. And during that time Katie was single, in a slum and raising Will alone while BIll was meddling. Bell just simply did not care to address it until now. Thorne should stay out of it though.

It couldn't have been addressed before Wyatt because this is a total rewrite. Bill was a good father before Wyatt. He was a good father all the way up until the time he got shot. There were many times Bill was the significant parent in Will's life... when Katie was suffering from depression... when Katie was drinking too much. Just recently when Bill threatened to take Will from Katie if she didn't stop seeing Wyatt, Katie didn't say your son doesn't even know you you haven't seen him in months what do you mean you're going to take him from me. No she talked about what a good father Bill's been and how she was scared to death he'd be able to get custody.

MyBaddMove

Postby MyBaddMove » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:59 am

stargaze wrote:

When Katie was with Wyatt it seemed that the time that they usually spent together was during the day when Will would have been in school.

It has apparently been a while since Bill has spent any quality time with Will. Attending his son s games is not the same thing as spending time with your child. Bill was completely awkward with his son.

There was nothing wrong with Katie wanting to have some private time with her beau. Maybe Will overheard Bill and Katie talking. From the conversation Will would have picked up that his father was not really keen on having him spend the night. Add to that the fact that Thorne was already present when Bill arrived to pick up Will would have left Will feeling that he was being sent away so that Mom could spend time with another man.

The actor playing new Will is said to be 9 years old. Children this age can very quickly pick up on how to manipulate the parents.

My bad the kid is even older then i thought LOL. What i meant with slum was more of a dark period regarding Brill. Picking a fight with Quinn etc. I also do think that Will has now reached the bratty age, where he can cry and moan about what he wants. Katie will probably fall for it..

stargaze

Postby stargaze » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:20 pm

MyBaddMove wrote:
stargaze wrote:

My bad the kid is even older then i thought LOL. What i meant with slum was more of a dark period regarding Brill. Picking a fight with Quinn etc. I also do think that Will has now reached the bratty age, where he can cry and moan about what he wants. Katie will probably fall for it..

Yes, Will has just been soaresed. Until just recently Will has been played by Katie s real son but I guess they need to make him a little older to fit the storyline. I guess they want to make Will into a troubled child. Maybe they will have Will trying to reunite his parents? This seems to be a staple of soaps.

Eudocia508

Postby Eudocia508 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:24 pm

The less seen of this little brat, the better. :lol: :twisted:

Bell drags out the kids only when they're a prop for his current s/l. Yes, as poster above mentioned--it's all very new that Will and Bill have not been tight. I miss the cute little Will! Now we have a surly, miserable, spoiled kid. I do think Bill and Katie are going to be in each other's orbit now and soon we will see a kiss between them...

Soon enough the kid will be in the attic with RJ, Dino(?), Baby Jack...LOL

Eudocia508

Postby Eudocia508 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:31 pm

The actor playing new Will is said to be 9 years old. Children this age can very quickly pick up on how to manipulate the parents.[/quote]

Good points--I agree that it wasn't wrong of Katie to want a night alone with Thorne--also for Will to spend time with $Bill--her arguments had merit. Suddenly we're being painted this picture that Bill has been so obsessed with Steffy that he's totally dropped the ball on parenting. I believe it's just a device by Bell to throw Bill and Katie together--Thorne, Katie, Bill triangle. It's the first we've heard of it--before when the actor was younger, Bill seemed very much a hands on dad.

I don't know if there will be a real reunion with Katie and Bill, but I think this whole thing about his parenting skills is an attempt to show him step up to the plate as a great dad, which will be all part of Bell's rehabilitation of his character, so by the time he and Steffy and thrown at each other again, he'll be deemed more suitable!

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”