Concession or Victory

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
bnb fan

Re: Concession or Victory

Postby bnb fan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:59 am

Lynn1216 wrote:Hope will never be called out for sleeping with Liam when he was only married on paper because that never happens to any character on this soap. Nobody waits for papers to be filed before they move on. Nobody mentioned that Bill was still technically married to Brooke when he slept with Steffy and that she is the reason he decided to sign his papers . The only time I have seen a character suffer because they were with someone before paperwork was filed was when Hope got ripped apart by the media and her fans for being with Liam before he was legally divorced .

The writers are always going to write storylines and characters the way they see them . There is no such thing as fairness on soaps. Let’s say I’m wrong and there is a Logan bias , that is the choice of the writers . Maybe to them this is a story where the Logan family comes out on top. Every soap , television show, and movie has characters who are triumphant and others who are not , that’s just the way it is .

Understand Lynn1216; however, not every character walks around as Hope does pretending to be halo worthy - judging everyone .... EVERYONE - but holding herself to different standards.

Steffy didn't say to Bill nor did Brook to Bill about marriage/respecting vows even while apart.

Liam hadn't said anything either....

We are not talking about others here, I'm talking about the one who walks around saying one thing and does another. And that's hope, the false sense of halo wearing entitlement....hope.

Star Steffy

Postby Star Steffy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:07 pm

VICTORY VICTORY VICTORY all the way for Steffy! ;)

STAR

Angiet77

Postby Angiet77 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:08 pm

bnb fan wrote:
Lynn1216 wrote:Hope will never be called out for sleeping with Liam when he was only married on paper because that never happens to any character on this soap. Nobody waits for papers to be filed before they move on. Nobody mentioned that Bill was still technically married to Brooke when he slept with Steffy and that she is the reason he decided to sign his papers . The only time I have seen a character suffer because they were with someone before paperwork was filed was when Hope got ripped apart by the media and her fans for being with Liam before he was legally divorced .

The writers are always going to write storylines and characters the way they see them . There is no such thing as fairness on soaps. Let’s say I’m wrong and there is a Logan bias , that is the choice of the writers . Maybe to them this is a story where the Logan family comes out on top. Every soap , television show, and movie has characters who are triumphant and others who are not , that’s just the way it is .

Understand Lynn1216; however, not every character walks around as Hope does pretending to be halo worthy - judging everyone .... EVERYONE - but holding herself to different standards.

Steffy didn't say to Bill nor did Brook to Bill about marriage/respecting vows even while apart.

Liam hadn't said anything either....

We are not talking about others here, I'm talking about the one who walks around saying one thing and does another. And that's hope, the false sense of halo wearing entitlement....hope.

Yep, Hope is the one who claimed herself morally superior because she was a virgin. Hope thinks she can do no wrong. Hope did proclaim herself everything pure and she still stood in Steffy office proclaiming how truly good a person she thinks she is. There are so many reasons to hate Hope and Hope herself is responsible. And NOTHING Steffy is or has done changes or excuses what the Hopeless one is.

bnb fan

Postby bnb fan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:36 pm

beckers wrote:
billsgal wrote:Liam never chose hope throughout this whole debacle. The story has been all about Steffy for liam from start to finish. Liam's mouth says he has found forgiveness but deep down he really hasn't, liam wants to punish steffy and he wants to hurt her badly, so that's why it's best that steffy called liam on his bluff and now he's stuck with his game. The more I think about it, Bill's actions all of it were justified because it would take extreme action to make steffy face the situation, stop accepting all the blame, and be true to herself once again.

Liam's words tell you it was never ever about hope. When he went home, he admitted that he took things too far with hope then proposed to steffy. The dressing room was about sex, nothing more for liam, everyone else saw it as he made a choice, not liam. Liam wiped his mouth when caught, and texted to steffy he made a mistake. He wanted to work things out. Liam told brooke, he knew it would hurt steffy and he did it anyway and he also told her he didn't want to make a choice,considering when you don't make a choice you are content with the status quo and the status quo was liam was engaged to steffy, sharing a house and home with her. Liam told steffy that he would have come home and told her what happened. Liam seems to think his betrayal and cheating are less because he confesses so he should be absolved from being the bad guy causing mental and emotional pain. There was a bonus scene titled "dad over me" and it was about liam whining that he couldn't believe that steffy chose dad over him. The shows were pretty boring this week so I paid more attention to body language this week, and if you watch closely, it was liam chasing steffy and invading her personal body space all over that office, with hope he just stood in one spot and said what he wanted and hope would move closer to him, it shows and speaks volumes if you pay attention to it.

Concession or victory, doesn't really matter what anyone calls it, as long as steffy is away from liam, i'll take it. However, it is fascinating, that after all this talk of the gondola and evil bill and steffy, it is evil bill and steffy who put them back together and with a critter on the way to boot. Liam, is all about righting wrongs, so why is he still mad at bill, bill was righting a wrong that he and hope have whined about for years, shouldn't he consider that progress with bill? Bill did way more to steffy than he did to liam, so why has steffy moved on from it but liam can't especially in light of the fact that he received everything he ever wanted?

Wonderful post.

Billsgal! WOW! WOW! WOW! What a great post, - totally nailed it. <3

June54

Postby June54 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:00 pm

bnb fan wrote:
Lynn1216 wrote:
bnb fan wrote:Steffy was a victor in all of this- it's typical that the show would spin it in logan bias where they continue to spew out what they wish were fact enough that they try to make it reelity, but - lets break this down:

*Liam was going to go back to Steffy even though Hope was throwing herself at him - until Bill interfered unbeknownst to Liam which led to him lashing out and rebound proposing to Hope - who in all her insecurity ran back to the main house to grab her old ring she'd been cherishing all this time and had that on her finger - not to mention a super RUSH wedding to the point she wore her mother's dress from her mom's zillionth wedding to whomever

*Liam once Steffy told him to go kick rocks didn't go running to Hope - INSTEAD he went to Wyatt hoping for shelter... no longer was the cabin appealing because Steffy didn't / doesn't / wouldn't care so no allure for Liam

*Liam before proposing to Hope not once but twice asked Steffy IF she's sure about moving on

.... seems all of Liam's decisions are based on Steffy's move. - she's clearly with zero doubt - the victor because she's dropped that stale waffle

I don’t see any spin on the soap that is in favor of the Logan’s. Steffy is the one being praised , and being called Wonder Woman. This is definitely Steffy’s moment , she left Liam , she got the shares , and everyone is saying how great she is .

I think the writers are very careful to never make anything regarding this triangle black and white. Liam was all about Hope when he left Steffy alone and he initiated the kissing , but the writers made sure to have him text Steffy and act like he wanted to work things out . Then he was very ambiguous when Steffy told him to be with Hope. They will never have Liam clearly and undeniably pick one girl because that doesn’t keep fan bases talking ; they will always give a little to each base to keep the discussion going . They did the same thing with Brooke , Taylor, and Ridge.

When Brook can trash talk Steffy to Hope and not get called out, but Ridge saying to Hope's face what he thinks is vilified, - that is an example of the bias I'm referencing that happens at every turn. Brook can talk to Steffy about being with Bill but Steffy was not written to call Brook out for being with Eric? Again, another example of the bias the Logans have. This thread is another example of what the logans are spewing with trying to take away from Steffy removing herself from the triangle - because Hope's saintly halo seems to not be so bright and glowy when Steffy trumps Hope in selfless ness - like genuinely - not the I will plant a tomato tree and say I fed the world type of nonsense that we are suppose to believe hope selflessly initiates :roll: even when it comes to HFTF - she started that line with wait to have sex until marriage and did the opposite never was called out for her contradictory actions. more recently , when she vilified Steffy for betraying the marriage and while with Bill- but it's ok if Hope does the same with Liam.... :roll: :roll: To boot, Hope makes statements to make folks think she should wear a halo - but in all reality - she is no better - she's knocked up by a man who was married when the baby was conceptioned, but no one is saying anything about that - in fact, we got her staff praising her and feeling bad when the marriage didn't happen. Yet we have Steffy ripped to shreds everyday for months.... to me that is bias writing. and the bias comes in many different forms.

That being said - i will say that right at this moment - we steffy fans do get some reprieve to Steffy being praised - I will cherish it.

PREACH!!!!!!!!

dyngbat42

Postby dyngbat42 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:13 pm

Maybe Liam should become a Mormon. Then he could have any number of wives, though he would still have a wandering eye. I just can't stand the spineless creep.

slaterlvr

Postby slaterlvr » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Me myself I see it as both.

Concession... Steffy is finally accepting the fact that Liam will always be indecisive when it come to her and Hope. Liam admitted he didn't want to make a choice between the two. Like Steffy said she deserves a man who will choose her and only her. A man who will never make her feel like she isn't good enough. A man who will put her above everything. As painful as it is she know she will never get that with Liam. Steffy knows she deserves better so she took herself out of the race.

Victory... Steffy wins because she walked away from a man who isn't capable of making a decision or hasn't any concept of loyaty. A man who demands trust but is swapping spit with another woman. A man who wouldn't even entertain forgiveness but demanded insta forgiveness for almost screwing Hope. Steffy is walking away from this perpetual man child and putting a stop to his waffling ways and his indecision.

I say BRAVO Steffy !!!. Keep your head up. There is a man in your future who will move heaven and earth to make you happy. A man who will give you the moon and the stars, a man who will be the strong loving father figure Kelly needs. You put your need to be a strong woman/mother above Liam's need to be the good guy who wanted you to wait in limbo forever.

dew drops

Postby dew drops » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:25 am

Lynn1216 wrote:
beckers wrote:Some have posted Steffy gave a concession speech to Liam and Hope for admitting she was wrong for interfering in their relationship.

I say she gave a victory speech to Liam and Hope. She has grown and admitted her mistake in interfering in their relationship. Steffy has grown and learned from her mistakes. Have Liam and Hope? Will Liam be able to be faithful to Hope? Will Hope realize life is not perfect and neither are she and Liam?

Victory is admitting mistakes and growing from them. I have not seen any admissions or growth from either Liam or Hope.

Some say Steffy gave a concession speech because Liam chose Hope in the dressing room. What I saw was a man who wanted sex. There was no tenderness. He grabbed her and pushed her backwards against the table. There was nothing romantic in what we saw in the dressing room. If it was Liam's choice that night, he would not have left Hope alone in the dressing room or to drive herself home. Liam would not have called and texted Steffy to come home. He would not have said he was sorry and they could work this out. He texted things get messed up when they go their separate ways.

When Steffy made it clear she was done with Liam, he did not go to Hope in relief, he went to Wyatt's place.

Liam was still trying to get Steffy to change her mind up to the minute Hope walked in on them talking. Once again Steffy had to tell them to be together.

Steffy gave a victory speech not a concession speech, because Liam did not choose Hope that night in the dressing room. Liam chose Hope only after one more begging attempt by Liam asking Steffy if she was sure about closing the door on the two of them.

Steffy is the victor in the Liam saga. She realized and admitted her mistakes and has grown from this. Steffy has realized Liam will not be faithful, and she now expects more from the man in her life. Hope thinks Liam will be faithful to her, I hope she is right, but history says other wise.

Liam most definitely chose Hope . He chose her when he was getting ready to leave and he acknowledged Steffy didn’t want him to go but he did anyways, he chose her when he found every excuse possible to stay after the show ended , and he chose her when he couldn’t contain his passion anymore and passionately kissed her . This in no way makes Hope a winner and Steffy a loser though . Liam’s actions cannot make either one of these women a loser or winner .

Steffy is a winner right now because she is staying true to herself and following her heart , Hope is a winner as well because she is doing the same. They both told Liam what they need and want from him. I know Hope has gotten flack for getting her ring and asking Liam if he wants to marry her but I say good for her . She needs to be proactive in her life . She should tell Liam what she wants and require him to either give that to her or let her go. I give Steffy props for letting Liam know what she wants too, walking away took a lot of courage and this is Steffy at her best IMO.

so true :P :P :P

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”