Concession or Victory

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
freesteffy

Re: Concession or Victory

Postby freesteffy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 am

Lynn1216 wrote:
freesteffy wrote:
Again how could he have chosen anyone when he kept going from one to another? Of course Liam doesn't value ANY relationship he has including his with Hope. But Liam made no choice. Even when he was caught cheating he was still trying to get Steffy back.

That’s what Liam does he choses a woman and then goes back and waffles. When a man cheats on his fiancé he is sending a clear message that he does not truly want the woman he is engaged to. That is why Steffy left she knew he didn’t love her enough to be faithful to her and no matter what he says after cheating, in that moment Hope was more important than Steffy. There is no coming back from that.

Liam was cheating on both since he was playing them both. He goes from one woman to another, neither one is more important to him. But if we go by his subconscious, Steffy is "the one". But since iam is incapable of love and committement, it means nothing, zip, zero, nada.

Lynn1216

Postby Lynn1216 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:49 am

bnb fan wrote:
Lynn1216 wrote:
bnb fan wrote:Steffy was a victor in all of this- it's typical that the show would spin it in logan bias where they continue to spew out what they wish were fact enough that they try to make it reelity, but - lets break this down:

*Liam was going to go back to Steffy even though Hope was throwing herself at him - until Bill interfered unbeknownst to Liam which led to him lashing out and rebound proposing to Hope - who in all her insecurity ran back to the main house to grab her old ring she'd been cherishing all this time and had that on her finger - not to mention a super RUSH wedding to the point she wore her mother's dress from her mom's zillionth wedding to whomever

*Liam once Steffy told him to go kick rocks didn't go running to Hope - INSTEAD he went to Wyatt hoping for shelter... no longer was the cabin appealing because Steffy didn't / doesn't / wouldn't care so no allure for Liam

*Liam before proposing to Hope not once but twice asked Steffy IF she's sure about moving on

.... seems all of Liam's decisions are based on Steffy's move. - she's clearly with zero doubt - the victor because she's dropped that stale waffle

I don’t see any spin on the soap that is in favor of the Logan’s. Steffy is the one being praised , and being called Wonder Woman. This is definitely Steffy’s moment , she left Liam , she got the shares , and everyone is saying how great she is .

I think the writers are very careful to never make anything regarding this triangle black and white. Liam was all about Hope when he left Steffy alone and he initiated the kissing , but the writers made sure to have him text Steffy and act like he wanted to work things out . Then he was very ambiguous when Steffy told him to be with Hope. They will never have Liam clearly and undeniably pick one girl because that doesn’t keep fan bases talking ; they will always give a little to each base to keep the discussion going . They did the same thing with Brooke , Taylor, and Ridge.

When Brook can trash talk Steffy to Hope and not get called out, but Ridge saying to Hope's face what he thinks is vilified, - that is an example of the bias I'm referencing that happens at every turn. Brook can talk to Steffy about being with Bill but Steffy was not written to call Brook out for being with Eric? Again, another example of the bias the Logans have. This thread is another example of what the logans are spewing with trying to take away from Steffy removing herself from the triangle - because Hope's saintly halo seems to not be so bright and glowy when Steffy trumps Hope in selfless ness - like genuinely - not the I will plant a tomato tree and say I fed the world type of nonsense that we are suppose to believe hope selflessly initiates :roll: even when it comes to HFTF - she started that line with wait to have sex until marriage and did the opposite never was called out for her contradictory actions. more recently , when she vilified Steffy for betraying the marriage and while with Bill- but it's ok if Hope does the same with Liam.... :roll: :roll: To boot, Hope makes statements to make folks think she should wear a halo - but in all reality - she is no better - she's knocked up by a man who was married when the baby was conceptioned, but no one is saying anything about that - in fact, we got her staff praising her and feeling bad when the marriage didn't happen. Yet we have Steffy ripped to shreds everyday for months.... to me that is bias writing. and the bias comes in many different forms.

That being said - i will say that right at this moment - we steffy fans do get some reprieve to Steffy being praised - I will cherish it.

Hope will never be called out for sleeping with Liam when he was only married on paper because that never happens to any character on this soap. Nobody waits for papers to be filed before they move on. Nobody mentioned that Bill was still technically married to Brooke when he slept with Steffy and that she is the reason he decided to sign his papers . The only time I have seen a character suffer because they were with someone before paperwork was filed was when Hope got ripped apart by the media and her fans for being with Liam before he was legally divorced .

The writers are always going to write storylines and characters the way they see them . There is no such thing as fairness on soaps. Let’s say I’m wrong and there is a Logan bias , that is the choice of the writers . Maybe to them this is a story where the Logan family comes out on top. Every soap , television show, and movie has characters who are triumphant and others who are not , that’s just the way it is .

Lynn1216

Postby Lynn1216 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:56 am

freesteffy wrote:
Lynn1216 wrote:
freesteffy wrote:
Again how could he have chosen anyone when he kept going from one to another? Of course Liam doesn't value ANY relationship he has including his with Hope. But Liam made no choice. Even when he was caught cheating he was still trying to get Steffy back.

That’s what Liam does he choses a woman and then goes back and waffles. When a man cheats on his fiancé he is sending a clear message that he does not truly want the woman he is engaged to. That is why Steffy left she knew he didn’t love her enough to be faithful to her and no matter what he says after cheating, in that moment Hope was more important than Steffy. There is no coming back from that.

Liam was cheating on both since he was playing them both. He goes from one woman to another, neither one is more important to him. But if we go by his subconscious, Steffy is "the one". But since iam is incapable of love and committement, it means nothing, zip, zero, nada.

He wasn’t cheating on Hope , he was engaged to Steffy and living with her . he cheated on Steffy. As for the subconscious thing i put no stock in what he remember during his concussion. It makes sense he would remember Steffy she was the last woman he was with before the amnesia , and Quinn was showing him pictures from the Aspen wedding of course he remembered Steffy. Also this is the man who thought he shot his father during one of his black outs lol.

I am not saying Hope is his one true love , there is no such thing for him. But that night Liam did pick Hope over Steffy and I’m sure in the not so distant future he will pick another woman over Hope.

freesteffy

Postby freesteffy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:06 am

He wasn’t cheating on Hope , he was engaged to Steffy and living with her . he cheated on Steffy. As for the subconscious thing i put no stock in what he remember during his concussion. It makes sense he would remember Steffy she was the last woman he was with before the amnesia , and Quinn was showing him pictures from the Aspen wedding of course he remembered Steffy. Also this is the man who thought he shot his father during one of his black outs lol.

I am not saying Hope is his one true love , there is no such thing for him. But that night Liam did pick Hope over Steffy and I’m sure in the not so distant future he will pick another woman over Hope.

Whatever you need to tell yourself

Lynn1216

Postby Lynn1216 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:22 am

freesteffy wrote:

Whatever you need to tell yourself

No need for rudeness , just giving my opinion on how i see the storyline.

Racgtc

Postby Racgtc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:35 am

by beckers » Aug 13, 2018 00:13

Some have posted Steffy gave a concession speech to Liam and Hope for admitting she was wrong for interfering in their relationship.

I say she gave a victory speech to Liam and Hope. She has grown and admitted her mistake in interfering in their relationship. Steffy has grown and learned from her mistakes. Have Liam and Hope? Will Liam be able to be faithful to Hope? Will Hope realize life is not perfect and neither are she and Liam?

Victory is admitting mistakes and growing from them. I have not seen any admissions or growth from either Liam or Hope.

Some say Steffy gave a concession speech because Liam chose Hope in the dressing room. What I saw was a man who wanted sex. There was no tenderness. He grabbed her and pushed her backwards against the table. There was nothing romantic in what we saw in the dressing room. If it was Liam's choice that night, he would not have left Hope alone in the dressing room or to drive herself home. Liam would not have called and texted Steffy to come home. He would not have said he was sorry and they could work this out. He texted things get messed up when they go their separate ways.

When Steffy made it clear she was done with Liam, he did not go to Hope in relief, he went to Wyatt's place.

Liam was still trying to get Steffy to change her mind up to the minute Hope walked in on them talking. Once again Steffy had to tell them to be together.

Steffy gave a victory speech not a concession speech, because Liam did not choose Hope that night in the dressing room. Liam chose Hope only after one more begging attempt by Liam asking Steffy if she was sure about closing the door on the two of them.

Steffy is the victor in the Liam saga. She realized and admitted her mistakes and has grown from this. Steffy has realized Liam will not be faithful, and she now expects more from the man in her life. Hope thinks Liam will be faithful to her, I hope she is right, but history says other wise.

You are right! You have really given this deep thought & understanding. All that to say, it was very obvious Liam was after sex, he can not walk that back. Hope pretty much knew that with Steffy just weeks from delivering Kelly, he was ready, her Mommy Brook told Hope, “they are merely roommates “. I am glad that Steffy is Done. She read his body language and clearly doesn’t want anything to do with him again. Unsure how Hope the Dope will deal with Liam’s waffling, and she will at some point face Liams issues, Very sad! Liam’s a jerk! Glad to see Queen Steffy rise above!
8-)

billsgal

Postby billsgal » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:15 am

Liam never chose hope throughout this whole debacle. The story has been all about Steffy for liam from start to finish. Liam's mouth says he has found forgiveness but deep down he really hasn't, liam wants to punish steffy and he wants to hurt her badly, so that's why it's best that steffy called liam on his bluff and now he's stuck with his game. The more I think about it, Bill's actions all of it were justified because it would take extreme action to make steffy face the situation, stop accepting all the blame, and be true to herself once again.

Liam's words tell you it was never ever about hope. When he went home, he admitted that he took things too far with hope then proposed to steffy. The dressing room was about sex, nothing more for liam, everyone else saw it as he made a choice, not liam. Liam wiped his mouth when caught, and texted to steffy he made a mistake. He wanted to work things out. Liam told brooke, he knew it would hurt steffy and he did it anyway and he also told her he didn't want to make a choice,considering when you don't make a choice you are content with the status quo and the status quo was liam was engaged to steffy, sharing a house and home with her. Liam told steffy that he would have come home and told her what happened. Liam seems to think his betrayal and cheating are less because he confesses so he should be absolved from being the bad guy causing mental and emotional pain. There was a bonus scene titled "dad over me" and it was about liam whining that he couldn't believe that steffy chose dad over him. The shows were pretty boring this week so I paid more attention to body language this week, and if you watch closely, it was liam chasing steffy and invading her personal body space all over that office, with hope he just stood in one spot and said what he wanted and hope would move closer to him, it shows and speaks volumes if you pay attention to it.

Concession or victory, doesn't really matter what anyone calls it, as long as steffy is away from liam, i'll take it. However, it is fascinating, that after all this talk of the gondola and evil bill and steffy, it is evil bill and steffy who put them back together and with a critter on the way to boot. Liam, is all about righting wrongs, so why is he still mad at bill, bill was righting a wrong that he and hope have whined about for years, shouldn't he consider that progress with bill? Bill did way more to steffy than he did to liam, so why has steffy moved on from it but liam can't especially in light of the fact that he received everything he ever wanted?

beckers

Postby beckers » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:55 am

billsgal wrote:Liam never chose hope throughout this whole debacle. The story has been all about Steffy for liam from start to finish. Liam's mouth says he has found forgiveness but deep down he really hasn't, liam wants to punish steffy and he wants to hurt her badly, so that's why it's best that steffy called liam on his bluff and now he's stuck with his game. The more I think about it, Bill's actions all of it were justified because it would take extreme action to make steffy face the situation, stop accepting all the blame, and be true to herself once again.

Liam's words tell you it was never ever about hope. When he went home, he admitted that he took things too far with hope then proposed to steffy. The dressing room was about sex, nothing more for liam, everyone else saw it as he made a choice, not liam. Liam wiped his mouth when caught, and texted to steffy he made a mistake. He wanted to work things out. Liam told brooke, he knew it would hurt steffy and he did it anyway and he also told her he didn't want to make a choice,considering when you don't make a choice you are content with the status quo and the status quo was liam was engaged to steffy, sharing a house and home with her. Liam told steffy that he would have come home and told her what happened. Liam seems to think his betrayal and cheating are less because he confesses so he should be absolved from being the bad guy causing mental and emotional pain. There was a bonus scene titled "dad over me" and it was about liam whining that he couldn't believe that steffy chose dad over him. The shows were pretty boring this week so I paid more attention to body language this week, and if you watch closely, it was liam chasing steffy and invading her personal body space all over that office, with hope he just stood in one spot and said what he wanted and hope would move closer to him, it shows and speaks volumes if you pay attention to it.

Concession or victory, doesn't really matter what anyone calls it, as long as steffy is away from liam, i'll take it. However, it is fascinating, that after all this talk of the gondola and evil bill and steffy, it is evil bill and steffy who put them back together and with a critter on the way to boot. Liam, is all about righting wrongs, so why is he still mad at bill, bill was righting a wrong that he and hope have whined about for years, shouldn't he consider that progress with bill? Bill did way more to steffy than he did to liam, so why has steffy moved on from it but liam can't especially in light of the fact that he received everything he ever wanted?

Wonderful post.

lachat10

Postby lachat10 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:54 am

Steffy AWAY from Liam for GOOD = V I C T O R Y

Who cares why Liam does what he does or who he might love or want more ... the guy is a complete waffling two timing POS.

I am happy that Hope has him now. I just want Steffy to never go back to the fool.

Steffy was always better suited to and a great match for Bill

nanaboy3

Postby nanaboy3 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:05 am

freesteffy wrote:[quote="Lynn1216"
Liam most definitely chose Hope . He chose her when he was getting ready to leave and he acknowledged Steffy didn’t want him to go but he did anyways, he chose her when he found every excuse possible to stay after the show ended , and he chose her when he couldn’t contain his passion anymore and passionately kissed her . This in no way makes Hope a winner and Steffy a loser though . Liam’s actions cannot make either one of these women a loser or winner .

Steffy is a winner right now because she is staying true to herself and following her heart , Hope is a winner as well because she is doing the same. They both told Liam what they need and want from him. I know Hope has gotten flack for getting her ring and asking Liam if he wants to marry her but I say good for her . She needs to be proactive in her life . She should tell Liam what she wants and require him to either give that to her or let her go. I give Steffy props for letting Liam know what she wants too, walking away took a lot of courage and this is Steffy at her best IMO.

Liam didn't choose anything. Liam was being the waffler cheater that he is . Going from Steffy to Hope to Steffy again and Steffy caught him and ended it.[/quote]

If you chose to cheat then you are saying the person you are cheating on does not matter and you don’t value your relationship enough to stay faithful. He had a choice that night , stay at home with Steffy or go be with Hope . He chose Hope that night.[/quote]
Again how could he have chosen anyone when he kept going from one to another? Of course Liam doesn't value ANY relationship he has including his with Hope. But Liam made no choice. Even when he was caught cheating he was still trying to get Steffy back.[/quote]
So when Liam was kissing Steffy the night of his bachelor party he was cheating, when he chose to follow Steffy out the night before the redo marriage or kissing Sally and Hope to name a few he chose to cheat and had no respect then Liam has never had any respect even from day one because Amber was the first one he made out with and Hope also chose to cheat on What when she was kissing and making out with Liam. Bottomline Liam would still be sitting on the fence had not step aside that's clear no matter what spin is placed on it. Liam didn't choose anyone never has. But if hope and her clan are happy once again for Hope being the default bride that's great but pathetic as well.

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”