Wedlock

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
happens

Re: Wedlock

Postby happens » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:40 am

sj-granny wrote:No it does not bothered about the baby. but today when Liam was rubbing Seffy feet I was thinking now he rubbing her feet which he should be. But he should have been there to rub her back and feet when she was pregnant.

That is exactly what I was thinking. When Steffy had the big pregnant baby belly Liam wanted nothing to do with helping Steffy be more comfortable. Liam was too busy sexing up Hope. But now that Steffy's got the sexy body back Liam's rubbing Steffy's feet. He's just an azz and that's what bothers me. His not wanting to attend the ultrasounds bothers me more than Kelly not being born in wedlock.

sj-granny

Postby sj-granny » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 pm

happens wrote:
sj-granny wrote:No it does not bothered about the baby. but today when Liam was rubbing Seffy feet I was thinking now he rubbing her feet which he should be. But he should have been there to rub her back and feet when she was pregnant.

That is exactly what I was thinking. When Steffy had the big pregnant baby belly Liam wanted nothing to do with helping Steffy be more comfortable. Liam was too busy sexing up Hope. But now that Steffy's got the sexy body back Liam's rubbing Steffy's feet. He's just an azz and that's what bothers me. His not wanting to attend the ultrasounds bothers me more than Kelly not being born in wedlock.

That bother me to. I try to think of Liam as a good guy but I just can't.

trytryagain

Postby trytryagain » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:28 pm

mcross96 wrote:My point was kind of like he annulled the marriage for like one week and of course the week the baby was born and now suddenly he wants to remarry the mother. He could have just been a grown up and stayed married at least until the baby was born to see how he felt.

I agree with your post. Some may think morals are archaic but research shows that children do best in homes where their parents care enough about commitment to marry then have children.

As we have seen on this show marriage is very important to most of the characters. Most aren't happy just shacking up playing marriage.

Lynn1216

Postby Lynn1216 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:56 am

trytryagain wrote:
mcross96 wrote:My point was kind of like he annulled the marriage for like one week and of course the week the baby was born and now suddenly he wants to remarry the mother. He could have just been a grown up and stayed married at least until the baby was born to see how he felt.

I agree with your post. Some may think morals are archaic but research shows that children do best in homes where their parents care enough about commitment to marry then have children.

As we have seen on this show marriage is very important to most of the characters. Most aren't happy just shacking up playing marriage.

I don’t think it is that morals are archaic , or that commitment isn’t important, it’s just that society has evolved and doesn’t shame woman or children who are not part of a traditional family. Commitment and family come in many different forms now .

dxdobson

Postby dxdobson » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:07 am

Morals are important. But there are no morals in marrying a person because they are pregnant or staying with someone because they are pregnant if you don’t love or cannot trust them.
I have said this whole time that Liam should go back to Steffy to provide a stable home for the baby while he decides if he can commit and forgive.
He has forgiven her fully so he made the right choice.
If he was still wavering and questioned if she could still cheat on him - he should not have re-married but made a second and stable loving home for his child. (Minus a new wife)
It is immoral to raise a child in a home with constant strain and mistrust.
In my opinion having a child out of wedlock is not immoral. Cheating is immoral. Abuse is immoral.
Stealing is immoral. Purposely hurting people is immoral.

dew drops

Postby dew drops » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:32 am

Lynn1216 wrote:
dew drops wrote:
Lynn1216 wrote:Shame surrounding being born out of wedlock is an antiquated notion. People don’t care about that anymore.

unless you are living on social welfare..............

What does welfare have to do with this? Whether they are married or not it is up to a mother and father to take care of their child, and if they don’t have the financial means to do so there is nothing shameful about needing help. It can happen to the best of people , and shaming people because they fall on hard times is just as antiquated as shaming single mothers .

nothing :!: :!: :!: but as you have just state that is what happens and when certain elements in our society target single mothers/parents there is always the unemployed followed by the elderly retiree for them to dump all our woes on. my point being the more things change the more they stay the same. the attack comes in a different way instead using the morality of the past they now use financial means to justified their lack of compassion for others :geek: :geek: :geek:

Lynn1216

Postby Lynn1216 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:14 pm

dew drops wrote:

nothing :!: :!: :!: but as you have just state that is what happens and when certain elements in our society target single mothers/parents there is always the unemployed followed by the elderly retiree for them to dump all our woes on. my point being the more things change the more they stay the same. the attack comes in a different way instead using the morality of the past they now use financial means to justified their lack of compassion for others :geek: :geek: :geek:

I agree the lack of compassion is truly sad.

trytryagain

Postby trytryagain » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Lynn1216 wrote:
trytryagain wrote:

I don’t think it is that morals are archaic , or that commitment isn’t important, it’s just that society has evolved and doesn’t shame woman or children who are not part of a traditional family. Commitment and family come in many different forms now .

Society has evolved now LGBT have the rights to marry. Living together never equaled marriage. If it didn't make a difference the Supreme Court wouldn't have ruled in favor of marriage. Children born out of wedlock will always face shame because marriage makes a difference. Maybe not as common but still occurs. Children born out of wedlock are not accepted in some families. Legal relationships have benefits just ask the Supreme Court.

Lynn1216

Postby Lynn1216 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:27 pm

trytryagain wrote:

Society has evolved now LGBT have the rights to marry. Living together never equaled marriage. If it didn't make a difference the Supreme Court wouldn't have ruled in favor of marriage. Children born out of wedlock will always face shame because marriage makes a difference. Maybe not as common but still occurs. Children born out of wedlock are not accepted in some families. Legal relationships have benefits just ask the Supreme Court.

:lol: :lol: my parents didn’t legally marry until I was 10 and I am still not legally married to my son’s father, we are happily sharing a life together without a piece of paper. I never once felt shame that my parents didn’t have a piece of paper for the first 10 years of my life and neither do my kids . Yes marriage automatically gives you some legal rights . Tax breaks and the right to make medical decisions, and that is why it was important for marriage to be legal for all couples, but it does not automatically make a family and it does not guarantee a happy family. Only two people who are truly in love and committed, two people who are willing to fight through the hard times that is what makes a family and that is what children benefit from , not a piece of paper. I totally understand why people get married , and maybe one day we will get around to making it legal , but my generation and generations that came after mine do not shame people for not being married .

trytryagain

Postby trytryagain » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:36 pm

Lynn1216 wrote:
trytryagain wrote:

:lol: :lol: my parents didn’t legally marry until I was 10 and I am still not legally married to my son’s father, we are happily sharing a life together without a piece of paper. I never once felt shame that my parents didn’t have a piece of paper for the first 10 years of my life and neither do my kids . Yes marriage automatically gives you some legal rights . Tax breaks and the right to make medical decisions, and that is why it was important for marriage to be legal for all couples, but it does not automatically make a family and it does not guarantee a happy family. Only two people who are truly in love and committed, two people who are willing to fight through the hard times that is what makes a family and that is what children benefit from , not a piece of paper. I totally understand why people get married , and maybe one day we will get around to making it legal , but my generation and generations that came after mine do not shame people for not being married .

I know of a 6 year old that has come home in tears because her parents never married. Her 5 year old cousin went through the same thing until mommy married her only real daddy. Only thing easier about living together is getting out of it if it doesn't work.

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”