Why Liam is so unforgiving?

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
gonecountry

Re: Why Liam is so unforgiving?

Postby gonecountry » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:38 am

happens wrote:
mayre wrote:@ happens:
Yes a man could get past such a betrayal because other men on this soap have already gotten past such a betrayal. As have other women on this soap gotten past such a betrayal. Liam could easily get past it if the tables were turned and she was married to Bill or Wyatt either one and pregnant with their baby, Liam would be all over Steffy. We've seen it already from Liam wanting to be a family with his brother's wife and baby just not with his own wife and his own baby which suits me fine. I'm looking forward to the day Steffy is totally over him. Liam is nothing but an unforgiving hypocrite and Steffy can do so much better. Let the one Liam was willing to lay down his life and future for have Liam.

Who? What other male characters on this show had their wife sleep with their father while they were married and they forgave the wife and stayed married to her?

Look what Ridge and Eric have forgiven Brooke. She was married to the father and pregnant by the son they thought, Bridget born.[/quote]

--
You posted, "Yes a man could get past such a betrayal because other men on this soap have already gotten past such a betrayal."
I asked, who are these male characters who have experienced what Liam is?[/quote]

I said Eric for one. Eric has gotten past such a betrayal an even worse betrayal because his wife was pregnant not by him but by his son or so they thought at the time. Eric and Ridge were father and son full blood back then. Just like Bill and Liam are father and son. Only Eric raised Ridge from birth so their bond was even closer. The betrayal worse. Brooke was Eric's wife just like Steffy is Liam's wife. Today they called Brooke virtuous or something like that. Years from now Liam will probably be doing the same and calling Steffy virtuous. Liam could forgive this if he wanted to. He just doesn't want to yet and I hope he never does but something tells me after he's punished Steffy enough and made her feel like dirt, pond scum or something stuck to the bottom of his shoe and she's moved on with someone else, then he'll forgive her and want to share a life with her. Liam slept with his brother's wife the very day she left her husband no divorce filed, nothing. So Liam himself has done this same thing to his own brother as what his father has done to him. Sister in law, father in law, brother in law, it's all the same only difference is this time it's done to Liam rather than him being the one doing it to someone else. Liam is so unforgiving because he's a spoiled rotten hypocrite who doesn't deserve Steffy not because this is something no soap character can get past. Soap characters have gotten past much worse. Ridge got past the wall bang. Imagine not being able to tell your teenage daughter's boyfriend from your own husband. Not noticing the height difference, the difference in the way they smell etc and banging him at your daughter's graduation party right there out in the open with all the teenagers around. Can you imagine the hissie fit Liam would throw if Steffy does that someday? What would be a worse betrayal, what Steffy did with Bill or Steffy doing their daughter's boyfriend by accident someday? Well Ridge forgave it immediately without hesitation.[/quote]
Stef has quite the history as well. Starting with Rick, her dead sisters boyfiend non blood uncle, who was driving the car that killed Phoebe. To Liam when she was with Wyatt, and all the in betweens. Liam's got her number, because he was involved with Stef while she was with his brother. Doesnt make Liam any better though. It took 2 everytime. But you marry a cheater, good luck with that. Expect more of the same.

happens

Postby happens » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:49 am

gonecountry wrote:
happens wrote:I said Eric for one. Eric has gotten past such a betrayal an even worse betrayal because his wife was pregnant not by him but by his son or so they thought at the time. Eric and Ridge were father and son full blood back then. Just like Bill and Liam are father and son. Only Eric raised Ridge from birth so their bond was even closer. The betrayal worse. Brooke was Eric's wife just like Steffy is Liam's wife. Today they called Brooke virtuous or something like that. Years from now Liam will probably be doing the same and calling Steffy virtuous. Liam could forgive this if he wanted to. He just doesn't want to yet and I hope he never does but something tells me after he's punished Steffy enough and made her feel like dirt, pond scum or something stuck to the bottom of his shoe and she's moved on with someone else, then he'll forgive her and want to share a life with her. Liam slept with his brother's wife the very day she left her husband no divorce filed, nothing. So Liam himself has done this same thing to his own brother as what his father has done to him. Sister in law, father in law, brother in law, it's all the same only difference is this time it's done to Liam rather than him being the one doing it to someone else. Liam is so unforgiving because he's a spoiled rotten hypocrite who doesn't deserve Steffy not because this is something no soap character can get past. Soap characters have gotten past much worse. Ridge got past the wall bang. Imagine not being able to tell your teenage daughter's boyfriend from your own husband. Not noticing the height difference, the difference in the way they smell etc and banging him at your daughter's graduation party right there out in the open with all the teenagers around. Can you imagine the hissie fit Liam would throw if Steffy does that someday? What would be a worse betrayal, what Steffy did with Bill or Steffy doing their daughter's boyfriend by accident someday? Well Ridge forgave it immediately without hesitation.

Stef has quite the history as well. Starting with Rick, her dead sisters boyfiend non blood uncle, who was driving the car that killed Phoebe. To Liam when she was with Wyatt, and all the in betweens. Liam's got her number, because he was involved with Stef while she was with his brother. Doesnt make Liam any better though. It took 2 everytime. But you marry a cheater, good luck with that. Expect more of the same.

I agree about marrying the cheater. I don't understand what the single Steffy dating the single Rick has to do with anything though. Steffy, Taylor and Phoebe all dated Rick at separate intervals. Unless you were referring to the fact that Steffy slept with a man knowing he had slept with her mother. I think Steffy's childhood may have desensitized her to the stigma or disgrace of sleeping with family members. Her father loved being with his family member's wives and rarely passed up an opportunity to do just that. Her mother also slept with the father and all the sons. Doesn't excuse Steffy's behavior though but seems Liam could be more understanding and forgiving seeing as how Steffy has forgiven him all his cheating and this is the first time he's had to forgive her. Why is Liam all aghast and seeking an annulment because a woman who had sex with her brother in law (Liam himself) had sex with her father in law? Liam should have expected as much.

billsboy

Postby billsboy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm not a Liam fan but let's get real he was betrayed in the most shocking way possible- His father and wife slept together and his wife had to have a paternity test ...and he suspossed to just act like NOTHING happened? and forgive all that in a few days? If it were me I donor know if I could ever get past it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Phillygirl52

Postby Phillygirl52 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:53 pm

billsboy wrote:I'm not a Liam fan but let's get real he was betrayed in the most shocking way possible- His father and wife slept together and his wife had to have a paternity test ...and he suspossed to just act like NOTHING happened? and forgive all that in a few days? If it were me I donor know if I could ever get past it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

ITA!! They act like Steffy is some shrinking violet, how soon we forget that Steffy and Liam relationship started with Steffy obsession with Liam it’s not as if she was sitting around being stepped on Steffy was a willing participant in all that was good as well as bad about this relationship, there’s no excuse for what Steffy did this wasn’t a tit for tat situation, she want liam to understand that she slept with his father because of a kiss, not the same thing at all

JayCee_II

Postby JayCee_II » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:55 pm

billsboy wrote:I'm not a Liam fan but let's get real he was betrayed in the most shocking way possible- His father and wife slept together and his wife had to have a paternity test ...and he suspossed to just act like NOTHING happened? and forgive all that in a few days? If it were me I donor know if I could ever get past it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank you! The injured party decides what is forgivable and when to forgive. Liam shouldn't be rushed into forgiving Steffy after such a vile betrayal.
~

billsboy

Postby billsboy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:49 am

Miss Cha Cha slept with her husbands father and she is a victim if Bill being a predator?Give me a break! Brooke gets called out for her mistakes so Steffy needs to also! :roll: :roll: :roll:

pjmb

Postby pjmb » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:09 pm

JayCee_II wrote:He should forgive her because it was just the one time? She banged his father. How does he forgive that?
She didn't enjoy it? Her flashbacks say otherwise. She rode the stallion until she passed out and then woke up with a smile on her face.

Liam is finally taking the blinders off and seeing Steffy for who she really is. He's always known that she's a liar and cheat but he never thought she would do that to him. Run Liam!

It could not have been answered better! ;)

gonecountry

Postby gonecountry » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:45 pm

happens wrote:
gonecountry wrote:
happens wrote:I said Eric for one. Eric has gotten past such a betrayal an even worse betrayal because his wife was pregnant not by him but by his son or so they thought at the time. Eric and Ridge were father and son full blood back then. Just like Bill and Liam are father and son. Only Eric raised Ridge from birth so their bond was even closer. The betrayal worse. Brooke was Eric's wife just like Steffy is Liam's wife. Today they called Brooke virtuous or something like that. Years from now Liam will probably be doing the same and calling Steffy virtuous. Liam could forgive this if he wanted to. He just doesn't want to yet and I hope he never does but something tells me after he's punished Steffy enough and made her feel like dirt, pond scum or something stuck to the bottom of his shoe and she's moved on with someone else, then he'll forgive her and want to share a life with her. Liam slept with his brother's wife the very day she left her husband no divorce filed, nothing. So Liam himself has done this same thing to his own brother as what his father has done to him. Sister in law, father in law, brother in law, it's all the same only difference is this time it's done to Liam rather than him being the one doing it to someone else. Liam is so unforgiving because he's a spoiled rotten hypocrite who doesn't deserve Steffy not because this is something no soap character can get past. Soap characters have gotten past much worse. Ridge got past the wall bang. Imagine not being able to tell your teenage daughter's boyfriend from your own husband. Not noticing the height difference, the difference in the way they smell etc and banging him at your daughter's graduation party right there out in the open with all the teenagers around. Can you imagine the hissie fit Liam would throw if Steffy does that someday? What would be a worse betrayal, what Steffy did with Bill or Steffy doing their daughter's boyfriend by accident someday? Well Ridge forgave it immediately without hesitation.

I agree about marrying the cheater. I don't understand what the single Steffy dating the single Rick has to do with anything though. Steffy, Taylor and Phoebe all dated Rick at separate intervals. Unless you were referring to the fact that Steffy slept with a man knowing he had slept with her mother. I think Steffy's childhood may have desensitized her to the stigma or disgrace of sleeping with family members. Her father loved being with his family member's wives and rarely passed up an opportunity to do just that. Her mother also slept with the father and all the sons. Doesn't excuse Steffy's behavior though but seems Liam could be more understanding and forgiving seeing as how Steffy has forgiven him all his cheating and this is the first time he's had to forgive her. Why is Liam all aghast and seeking an annulment because a woman who had sex with her brother in law (Liam himself) had sex with her father in law? Liam should have expected as much.

The fact that Phoebe was barely cold in her grave before Stef jumped his bones.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:41 pm

[quote="LoganH8tr"][quote="stargaze"][quote="Great80"]I’ll just say this! If Liam sleeps with Steffy again, he will always have the thought that my dad was all up in my wife. It would be pretty awkward at family get togethers.[/quote]

If you are able to set aside the fact that your brother had sex numerous times with Steffy then I have trouble understanding how a ONS would be more unforgettable.

Wyatt and Liam have been sexually involved with all the same women, Hope, Ivy and Steffy. Wyatt is not having any problem sleeping with Katie without thinking that his father had her first.

Liam has been putting Sally ahead of Steffy continually for months. Many posters keep saying that he only shared a couple of kisses but it was the fact that those kisses we're shared after Liam showed that he was willing to take the chance that he might be giving up his life to fight for Sally's cause. It is this strong bond between Liam and Sally that Steffy is reacting to not the kisses specifically. It is also the fact that Liam never even thought about his wife during what he considered his last moment on Earth.[/quote]

Great post! You are spot on!

Liam disrespected his wife for weeks. And when they left the hospital...although Steffy was relieved that Liam was alive, you could see in her face and actions that she was hurt that Liam was willing to give his life for some building...which ultimately meant he was more loyal to Sally's cause than his marriage. It was just compounded by the fact...in what he thought was his last moments...he was locking lips with a woman that tried to make his wife's life hell.

What normal and sane woman would be ok with her husband doing that?

Yeah...Steffy so gets a pass from me.[/quote]

Ita with you and Stargaze.

mayre

Postby mayre » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:20 pm

"
""If you are able to set aside the fact that your brother had sex numerous times with Steffy then I have trouble understanding how a ONS would be more unforgettable."

>>>Were Liam and Steffy married when she had sex with Wyatt, weren't Steffy and Wyatt married ?

Katie and Wyatt are free agents- neither of them married

If Liam and Steffy had not been married Liam would have no grounds- BUT they were married and after the deathbed kiss Steffy pitched-SO ANGRY she was about that she left home and spent the night having sex with his father in retaliation(?) after Liam being honest with her about the deathbed kiss- she was not honest with him-- whole lot of build up there-- she lied by omission-- and for him to find that she had a paternity test to discover who the father of her child was and to discov er that it was his father!!!!

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”