Why Liam is so unforgiving?

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
mayre

Re: Why Liam is so unforgiving?

Postby mayre » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:36 am

happens wrote:
mayre wrote:@ happens:
Yes a man could get past such a betrayal because other men on this soap have already gotten past such a betrayal. As have other women on this soap gotten past such a betrayal. Liam could easily get past it if the tables were turned and she was married to Bill or Wyatt either one and pregnant with their baby, Liam would be all over Steffy. We've seen it already from Liam wanting to be a family with his brother's wife and baby just not with his own wife and his own baby which suits me fine. I'm looking forward to the day Steffy is totally over him. Liam is nothing but an unforgiving hypocrite and Steffy can do so much better. Let the one Liam was willing to lay down his life and future for have Liam.

Who? What other male characters on this show had their wife sleep with their father while they were married and they forgave the wife and stayed married to her?

Look what Ridge and Eric have forgiven Brooke. She was married to the father and pregnant by the son they thought, Bridget born.[/quote]

--
You posted, "Yes a man could get past such a betrayal because other men on this soap have already gotten past such a betrayal."
I asked, who are these male characters who have experienced what Liam is?[/quote]

I said Eric for one. Eric has gotten past such a betrayal an even worse betrayal because his wife was pregnant not by him but by his son or so they thought at the time. Eric and Ridge were father and son full blood back then. Just like Bill and Liam are father and son. Only Eric raised Ridge from birth so their bond was even closer. The betrayal worse. Brooke was Eric's wife just like Steffy is Liam's wife. Today they called Brooke virtuous or something like that. Years from now Liam will probably be doing the same and calling Steffy virtuous. Liam could forgive this if he wanted to. He just doesn't want to yet and I hope he never does but something tells me after he's punished Steffy enough and made her feel like dirt, pond scum or something stuck to the bottom of his shoe and she's moved on with someone else, then he'll forgive her and want to share a life with her. Liam slept with his brother's wife the very day she left her husband no divorce filed, nothing. So Liam himself has done this same thing to his own brother as what his father has done to him. Sister in law, father in law, brother in law, it's all the same only difference is this time it's done to Liam rather than him being the one doing it to someone else. Liam is so unforgiving because he's a spoiled rotten hypocrite who doesn't deserve Steffy not because this is something no soap character can get past. Soap characters have gotten past much worse. Ridge got past the wall bang. Imagine not being able to tell your teenage daughter's boyfriend from your own husband. Not noticing the height difference, the difference in the way they smell etc and banging him at your daughter's graduation party right there out in the open with all the teenagers around. Can you imagine the hissie fit Liam would throw if Steffy does that someday? What would be a worse betrayal, what Steffy did with Bill or Steffy doing their daughter's boyfriend by accident someday? Well Ridge forgave it immediately without hesitation.[/quote]

So you didn't mean the same kind of betrayal that Liam is suffering--that is what I am talking about ...

when you posted:

"Yes, a man could get past such a betrayal because other men on this soap have already gotten past such a betrayal." You were saying other male characters have been betrayed by their wives, but you were not saying wives of other male characters went off and slept with their father-in-law like Steffy did you mean they suffered a different kind of betrayal?

As I recall Eric had affairs of his own going on-- He had an affair with Brooks mother Beth while married to Stephanie, after Beth and still married to Stephanie he picked up with Brooke, and on and on that scenario went as I recall --hard for me feel for bad or sad for Eric. He has not suffered the kind of betrayal that Liam is..

Lady Jana

Postby Lady Jana » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:23 am

Rollina wrote:Steffy has done the very thing Katie warned Liam about 7 years ago.. So in Liam's mind, his entire relationship with Steffy has been a lie.. At the end of the day, Steffy sleeping with Bill was her saying she loves Bill.. " her actions said it for her.."
Not to mention Steffy is now be blamed as the reason he lost his relationship with his father and possible child.. As of right now, Liam can't stand Steffy... :oops:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Sorry....Liam is crazy if he is thinking like that! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Great80

Postby Great80 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:07 am

mayre wrote:
happens wrote:
mayre wrote:@ happens:
Yes a man could get past such a betrayal because other men on this soap have already gotten past such a betrayal. As have other women on this soap gotten past such a betrayal. Liam could easily get past it if the tables were turned and she was married to Bill or Wyatt either one and pregnant with their baby, Liam would be all over Steffy. We've seen it already from Liam wanting to be a family with his brother's wife and baby just not with his own wife and his own baby which suits me fine. I'm looking forward to the day Steffy is totally over him. Liam is nothing but an unforgiving hypocrite and Steffy can do so much better. Let the one Liam was willing to lay down his life and future for have Liam.

Who? What other male characters on this show had their wife sleep with their father while they were married and they forgave the wife and stayed married to her?

Look what Ridge and Eric have forgiven Brooke. She was married to the father and pregnant by the son they thought, Bridget born.

--Nah, I do not find Brooke virtuous.
You posted, "Yes a man could get past such a betrayal because other men on this soap have already gotten past such a betrayal."
I asked, who are these male characters who have experienced what Liam is?[/quote]

I said Eric for one. Eric has gotten past such a betrayal an even worse betrayal because his wife was pregnant not by him but by his son or so they thought at the time. Eric and Ridge were father and son full blood back then. Just like Bill and Liam are father and son. Only Eric raised Ridge from birth so their bond was even closer. The betrayal worse. Brooke was Eric's wife just like Steffy is Liam's wife. Today they called Brooke virtuous or something like that. Years from now Liam will probably be doing the same and calling Steffy virtuous. Liam could forgive this if he wanted to. He just doesn't want to yet and I hope he never does but something tells me after he's punished Steffy enough and made her feel like dirt, pond scum or something stuck to the bottom of his shoe and she's moved on with someone else, then he'll forgive her and want to share a life with her. Liam slept with his brother's wife the very day she left her husband no divorce filed, nothing. So Liam himself has done this same thing to his own brother as what his father has done to him. Sister in law, father in law, brother in law, it's all the same only difference is this time it's done to Liam rather than him being the one doing it to someone else. Liam is so unforgiving because he's a spoiled rotten hypocrite who doesn't deserve Steffy not because this is something no soap character can get past. Soap characters have gotten past much worse. Ridge got past the wall bang. Imagine not being able to tell your teenage daughter's boyfriend from your own husband. Not noticing the height difference, the difference in the way they smell etc and banging him at your daughter's graduation party right there out in the open with all the teenagers around. Can you imagine the hissie fit Liam would throw if Steffy does that someday? What would be a worse betrayal, what Steffy did with Bill or Steffy doing their daughter's boyfriend by accident someday? Well Ridge forgave it immediately without hesitation.[/quote]

So you didn't mean the same kind of betrayal that Liam is suffering--that is what I am talking about ...

when you posted:

"Yes, a man could get past such a betrayal because other men on this soap have already gotten past such a betrayal." You were saying other male characters have been betrayed by their wives, but you were not saying wives of other male characters went off and slept with their father-in-law like Steffy did you mean they suffered a different kind of betrayal?

As I recall Eric had affairs of his own going on-- He had an affair with Brooks mother Beth while married to Stephanie, after Beth and still married to Stephanie he picked up with Brooke, and on and on that scenario went as I recall --hard for me feel for bad or sad for Eric. He has not suffered the kind of betrayal that Liam is..[/quote]

ladyviola

Postby ladyviola » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:25 am

None of the characters has ever forgiven quickly...

It's alwats over "forever"--until the writers run out of pairinfs & rewrite the couples as destiny.

Wyatt, Bill, & (previously) Liam have allclaimed Steffy as the one no man gets over...

Steam is over... for now.

happens

Postby happens » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:17 am

mayre wrote:
happens wrote:
I said Eric for one. Eric has gotten past such a betrayal an even worse betrayal because his wife was pregnant not by him but by his son or so they thought at the time. Eric and Ridge were father and son full blood back then. Just like Bill and Liam are father and son. Only Eric raised Ridge from birth so their bond was even closer. The betrayal worse. Brooke was Eric's wife just like Steffy is Liam's wife. Today they called Brooke virtuous or something like that. Years from now Liam will probably be doing the same and calling Steffy virtuous. Liam could forgive this if he wanted to. He just doesn't want to yet and I hope he never does but something tells me after he's punished Steffy enough and made her feel like dirt, pond scum or something stuck to the bottom of his shoe and she's moved on with someone else, then he'll forgive her and want to share a life with her. Liam slept with his brother's wife the very day she left her husband no divorce filed, nothing. So Liam himself has done this same thing to his own brother as what his father has done to him. Sister in law, father in law, brother in law, it's all the same only difference is this time it's done to Liam rather than him being the one doing it to someone else. Liam is so unforgiving because he's a spoiled rotten hypocrite who doesn't deserve Steffy not because this is something no soap character can get past. Soap characters have gotten past much worse. Ridge got past the wall bang. Imagine not being able to tell your teenage daughter's boyfriend from your own husband. Not noticing the height difference, the difference in the way they smell etc and banging him at your daughter's graduation party right there out in the open with all the teenagers around. Can you imagine the hissie fit Liam would throw if Steffy does that someday? What would be a worse betrayal, what Steffy did with Bill or Steffy doing their daughter's boyfriend by accident someday? Well Ridge forgave it immediately without hesitation.

when you posted:

As I recall Eric had affairs of his own going on-- He had an affair with Brooks mother Beth while married to Stephanie, after Beth and still married to Stephanie he picked up with Brooke, and on and on that scenario went as I recall --hard for me feel for bad or sad for Eric. He has not suffered the kind of betrayal that Liam is..

Erics betrayal by Ridge was far worse. I'd rather my husband sleep with my mother than to have my husband sleep with my daughter and she gets pregnant. Without forgiveness Eric would have had to give up his wife, son and granchild. Wife son and granchild is harder to lose than wife and mother. Child and grandchild is your future they're supposed to be there for you until your death. Eric's betrayal by Ridge was worse and thanks for reminding me of Stephanie's betrayal. Eric was in love with Beth when Stephanie told Eric she was pregnant with his child. So Eric left Beth and did what was considered the right thing 60 years ago and married Stephanie who trapped Eric with a deception. Ridge wasn't Eric's child he was Massimo's. Eric forgave Stephanie that huge betrayal. It's just as hard for me to feel bad for waffle boy Liam as it is for you to feel bad for Eric.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:22 am

[quote="LoganH8tr"][quote="Great80"]I’ll just say this! If Liam sleeps with Steffy again, he will always have the thought that my dad was all up in my wife. It would be pretty awkward at family get togethers.[/quote]

He didn't have a problem banging Hope after Wyatt sexed her up. And he still wanted Steffy after she married Wyatt.

It is an ongoing theme for the past 30 years on this show.

It started with Brooke banging her own mother's first love, Eric. Imagine the storylines if it came out later that Eric was actually Brooke's father. :lol:

Ridge banged Brooke after both Eric and Thorne sexed her up. And then banged her again after his other brother Nick sexed her up really good.

Oh and the infamous Brooke banging Deacon, her daughter's husband for over a year....and then sending him home to Bridget right after they banged....telling him to go sex her up really good so she wouldn't suspect anything about him having an affair.

Donna had a turn with her mother's first love, Eric...and this was after Brooke had her turn and bred with Eric.

All these years of nasty incestuous type sex with the Logans and their relatives...kind of makes what Steffy did as kidplay.

I bring it up because like I said....such a recurring theme. If Liam could talk to Brooke and say he respects her...knowing her history....he can eventually forgive his wife.

Liam should look at the dynamics of that family.[/quote]

Awesome post and Ita LH!

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:32 am

[quote="fighterm"][quote="JayCee_II"]He should forgive her because it was just the one time? She banged his father. How does he forgive that?
She didn't enjoy it? Her flashbacks say otherwise. She rode the stallion until she passed out and then woke up with a smile on her face.

Liam is finally taking the blinders off and seeing Steffy for who she really is. He's always known that she's a liar and cheat but he never thought she would do that to him. Run Liam![/quote]

It was one time and the baby is his. Besides, Bill and Steffy had history before any of Bill's sons had. I guess, they slept in the past (I did not watch back then).[/quote]
They were about to but Katie came home...

taramartin

Postby taramartin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 am

Steffy wasn't very forgiving of "the kiss" even under threat of death from the explosion. I really don't think anyone in Liam's shoes would feel very forgiving this soon.
I still don't understand how these annulments are going through.

Kdblaine

Postby Kdblaine » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:52 pm

I love Liam and Steffy....in soap opera land, I'd like Liam to forgive her and see them have a baby and be awesome parents! If it were my best friend in real life, I'd probably say gross, forget it. Marriage over! Glad to have the joy of vicarious soap opera world! :P

fighterm

Postby fighterm » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:05 am

trinilisa wrote:
fighterm wrote:
JayCee_II wrote:He should forgive her because it was just the one time? She banged his father. How does he forgive that?
She didn't enjoy it? Her flashbacks say otherwise. She rode the stallion until she passed out and then woke up with a smile on her face.

Liam is finally taking the blinders off and seeing Steffy for who she really is. He's always known that she's a liar and cheat but he never thought she would do that to him. Run Liam!

It was one time and the baby is his. Besides, Bill and Steffy had history before any of Bill's sons had. I guess, they slept in the past (I did not watch back then).

They were about to but Katie came home...

Thanks for your answer. I was tassuyming that they had slept together in the past.

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”