The Purpose of the Secret

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
steffywill

Re: The Purpose of the Secret

Postby steffywill » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Quote Stubby:
Quote steffywill:
Quote Stubby: After Steffy was discharged from the Hospital,she and Liam
weren't home for five minutes and Hope texed him. Instead of staying with Steffy and making sure she was comfortable, what does Liam do? He takes off to see Hope.

I see it like this, after the fellas leave, Katie starts in on Steffy. Steffy told her to leave, no instead Katie keeps badgering, Steffy passes out.
Later at the hospital, tests are done, two doctors tell Steffy she can't have a baby.
I think Steffy wants the ordeal kept secret, to protect Katie and so she doesn't have to answer questions.

Steffy has nothing to protect Katie from. Steffy's problem is medical, it was not brought on by Katie's questions. Steffy's losing of the fetus was because she was in an accident. Nothing to do with Katie. Steffy's condition was brought on by an impact after she chose to get on her motorcycle and drive it to rush home for barbecue. Katie has nothing to answer for.

I know, I watched it. I'm talking about this last visit to the hospital. Steffy, would have never gone the second time
if Katie had kept her opinions to herself, she didn't.
Yes, what was the reason Steffy had to be admitted again ?

Steffy would have had to go to the hospital, she was bleeding internally and was in need of antibiotics! Katie did not cause that. It is in the show transcripts. Katie's words did not make Steffy bleed internally. She had a medical issue. She had been shown getting lightheaded and dizzy before. It had nothing to do with Katie. This one cannot be blamed on a Logan in any way, shape or form.

1bluegoose

Postby 1bluegoose » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:14 pm

weren't home for five minutes and Hope texed him. Instead of staying with Steffy and making sure she was comfortable, what does Liam do? He takes off to see Hope.

I see it like this, after the fellas leave, Katie starts in on Steffy. Steffy told her to leave, no instead Katie keeps badgering, Steffy passes out.
Later at the hospital, tests are done, two doctors tell Steffy she can't have a baby.
I think Steffy wants the ordeal kept secret, to protect Katie and so she doesn't have to answer questions.

I don't know what Katie would need protection from. Katie was honoring Steffy's wishes. Maybe it was a blessing that Katie was there when Steffy passed out because if Steffy was alone who knows what would have happened.

missgaht

Postby missgaht » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:22 pm

I feel as though Katie was dead wrong for telling Steffy her opinion of her marriage. Katie should have been there only as support and not to patronize the girl. That being said Steffy is out of her mind with grief and she is still blaming herself. Steffy is not in any condition to be making decisions about her marriage. The secret doesn't even really matter. What matters is that Liam loves Steffy and he can't shake that not even for Hope. If Liam loves Hope then why is he so torn up over Steffy. Liam is stuck on Steffy and Hope had to deal with that. Hope needs to accept that Liam did not marry Steffy just because of the baby. Liam married Steffy because he has real feelings for her. Liam has loads of unfinished emotional business with Steffy and if Hope had half a brain she would stay away until he is done with Steffy emotionally.

ericlizafan

Postby ericlizafan » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:10 pm

ICAM!

Hope just refuses to accept that Liam is in love with Steffy, so she has to resort to using Wyatt to make Liam jealous.

Stubby

Postby Stubby » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:37 pm

Quote steffywill:
Quote Stubby:
Quote steffywill:

Steffy has nothing to protect Katie from. Steffy's problem is medical, it was not brought on by Katie's questions. Steffy's losing of the fetus was because she was in an accident. Nothing to do with Katie. Steffy's condition was brought on by an impact after she chose to get on her motorcycle and drive it to rush home for barbecue. Katie has nothing to answer for.

I know, I watched it. I'm talking about this last visit to the hospital. Steffy, would have never gone the second time
if Katie had kept her opinions to herself, she didn't.
Yes, what was the reason Steffy had to be admitted again ?

Steffy would have had to go to the hospital, she was bleeding internally and was in need of antibiotics! Katie did not cause that. It is in the show transcripts. Katie's words did not make Steffy bleed internally. She had a medical issue. She had been shown getting lightheaded and dizzy before. It had nothing to do with Katie. This one cannot be blamed on a Logan in any way, shape or form.

Saw that too. Yes, it was a Blessing Katie was there to help
Steffy. Where she was wrong, was not keeping her opinions to
herself.

stargaze

Postby stargaze » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:41 pm

When Katie told Steffy that she understood what she was going through because she had just been there she was trying to be supportive. She did not want Steffy to make the same mistakes that she had made.

As Steffy told Katie she does not want to tell Liam because she feels that Liam will stay with her.

I think that Steffy wants to give Liam his freedom so that he can move on with Hope. If she told Liam that she could not have any more children and he decided to stay with her that Hope would move on and then there would be no one to give Liam the children that he so desires. Steffy believes that she is doing what is best for Liam. She knows that right now he still has strong feelings for Hope and Hope for Liam. Steffy leaves so that she will not be a distraction and that hopefully with her out of the picture that Bill will not interefere with their relationship.

The only way that Katie should break Steffy's trust is if she feels that Liam is not able to move on the way that Steffy feels that he needs to do if he is to have what he wants.

Yes there may be options out there for Steffy to have children but I would think that they would be very slim because I thought that I heard the doctor say that she would not have any more periods. This is why Steffy is willing to give up Liam because she does not want to rob him of the chance to have his own children. Steffy knows Liam and loves him despite his faults and she is willing to put his happiness ahead of her own.

I do not really believe that she thinks that Hope is better for him than her but since she can no longer give him the one thing that he values she must let him go back to Hope. She says the things that she feels that they both want to hear in order for the reconciliation of Hope and Liam to happen. I know Hope fans are going to say that she should not have told him that she still loves him but she can't resist letting him know that just in case things don't work out as it leaves the door open a bit should she return.

billsgal

Postby billsgal » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Quote steffywill:

Actually, Katie is feeling very guilty of how she mistreated a very ill physically and mentally woman. Katie does need to be protected because then both Liam and Bill will see the truth. Liam has screamed and threatened to throw Bill out of his life for interfering at least twice but he has never even acknowledged that the Logan family interferes as well. Katie has always been able to demand that Bill stay out of it and claims she makes him a better man because no one knows all of the scheming against Steffy she has done. If Katie starts talking it will come out and both Spencer men will not be happy. Katie was telling Steffy what she was being told by Hope and Brooke because she wasn't there when a lot of this stuff happened but now Katie has talked to Liam and she can see for herself that Liam didn't marry Steffy for the baby and he told her that. Katie when she was telling Steffy the truth kept talking about what was fair for Hope but then in Steffy's apartment she told Steffy to forget about Hope, I wonder why.

Katie didn't cause Steffy's condition but she'll never know now how much of what she said weighed in Steffy's decision to leave Liam in the manner she has chosen. You don't think Bill would throw it in her face how much of a hypocrite she has been or point out how Steffy helped care for their son whenever he needed help? You don't think he would ask her how could she do that to Taylor's child when Taylor looked for and brought her home? If Liam had a quarter of a brain he should know when Katie was being nice and concerned about Steffy something was up and he should ask her.

ShirleyE

Postby ShirleyE » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:21 pm

But what if Steffy goes to Paris and finds a treatment for her fertility issue. Then what? Is she going to come back and just try to get Liam back again???? What if Liam and Hope are together and she is pregnant?/ If I were Hope I wouldn't trust that Steffy means what she said about Liam and Hope. The next thing is, How could she expect Liam to just forget that she ran off and gave him away to Hope without his consent. I find what Steffy did so wrong on many, many levels. There were two other peoples feelings involved here. I personally believe that she thought that Liam would go back to Hope if she weren't or couldn't get pregnant. And, lets just call a spade a spade. Steffy doesn't do anything with out a trump card. She is her mothers daughter.....

shesagem

Postby shesagem » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Billsgal, you make way too much sense.

Stubby

Postby Stubby » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Quote ShirleyE: But what if Steffy goes to Paris and finds a treatment for her fertility issue. Then what? Is she going to come back and just try to get Liam back again???? What if Liam and Hope are together and she is pregnant?/ If I were Hope I wouldn't trust that Steffy means what she said about Liam and Hope. The next thing is, How could she expect Liam to just forget that she ran off and gave him away to Hope without his consent. I find what Steffy did so wrong on many, many levels. There were two other peoples feelings involved here. I personally believe that she thought that Liam would go back to Hope if she weren't or couldn't get pregnant. And, lets just call a spade a spade. Steffy doesn't do anything with out a trump card. She is her mothers daughter.....

Steffy, isn't thinking clearly. She isn't well. And she is trying to deal with her emotions.And during this time,where is Liam? Instead of staying home with his "wife" and trying to work on their marriage, he's with Hope.And he wonders why Steffy left. Stop and think about what she said.

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”