Video: Darla's ACCIDENT

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
scarlet1

Re: Video: Darla's ACCIDENT

Postby scarlet1 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:51 am

Quote beachgirl02840: Forget for a minute it was Taylor so we can leave out fan fave or hate biases.

A person got behind the wheel who had been drinking and was on a suspended license for DWI. There was a car on the side of the road with someone changing the tire. Most people move over a bit when they see that. Did X see the car even a split second before? If they didn't, would they have if they hadn't been drinking and emotionally upset?

This video doesn't show the entire scene where after the victim is on the roof of the car, the car which had been braked, lurches forward when X hits the gas. Reflex? Reaction due to intoxication? The victim rolled off the car. Was the initial impact on the roof the nail in the coffin or was it the 2nd impact when the victim flew off the hood into the pavement after the car lurched?

Was X at or over the legal limit? Unknown because X left the scene and there couldn't be a proper accident scene investigation.

In real life there would have been far serious consequences for just the getting behind a wheel with a suspended license, admittedly drinking, and leaving the scene. A good prosecutor probably could make a fairly solid case for some form of involuntary vehicular manslaughter while under the influence but then a just as good defense attorney probably could get the charges lessened.

In soap life, all bets are off.

My personal real life absolutely biased opinion with good reason... anyone who gets behind the wheel when they have been drinking takes other people's lives into their hands and should face severe consequences. Drinking and driving is a choice and whatever happens after is not an accident.

very well said. Thank you

dana lana

Postby dana lana » Wed May 01, 2013 8:55 am

Quote scarlet1:
Quote beachgirl02840: Forget for a minute it was Taylor so we can leave out fan fave or hate biases.

A person got behind the wheel who had been drinking and was on a suspended license for DWI. There was a car on the side of the road with someone changing the tire. Most people move over a bit when they see that. Did X see the car even a split second before? If they didn't, would they have if they hadn't been drinking and emotionally upset?

This video doesn't show the entire scene where after the victim is on the roof of the car, the car which had been braked, lurches forward when X hits the gas. Reflex? Reaction due to intoxication? The victim rolled off the car. Was the initial impact on the roof the nail in the coffin or was it the 2nd impact when the victim flew off the hood into the pavement after the car lurched?

Was X at or over the legal limit? Unknown because X left the scene and there couldn't be a proper accident scene investigation.

In real life there would have been far serious consequences for just the getting behind a wheel with a suspended license, admittedly drinking, and leaving the scene. A good prosecutor probably could make a fairly solid case for some form of involuntary vehicular manslaughter while under the influence but then a just as good defense attorney probably could get the charges lessened.

My personal real life absolutely biased opinion with good reason... anyone who gets behind the wheel when they have been drinking takes other people's lives into their hands and should face severe consequences. Drinking and driving is a choice and whatever happens after is not an accident.

I totally agree. There is no reason good enough for her to have been driving.

consensus

Postby consensus » Wed May 01, 2013 9:09 am

Quote dana lana:
Quote scarlet1:

I totally agree. There is no reason good enough for her to have been driving.

Good post #beachgirl... Often times the hit and run is the cause of death ,in some cases if the victim was taken to the hospital they may have lived. I can not imagine someone leaving another human or animal on the road to die.IMO

fla_beach_bunny

Postby fla_beach_bunny » Wed May 01, 2013 11:47 am

Quote myfavs100: For everyone who puts all the blame on Taylor for Darla's death, here is the video. The ACCIDENT is 42 seconds into the video. Darla clearly falls across Taylor's car, Taylor did not just hit Darla.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieBh8qiFmaw

Darla did fall into the car because she was helping Phoebe with a flat tire. That does not excuse Taylor for driving and drinking. I have two videos for you to watch. The first one is when Taylor was driving and drinking after Ridge left her for Brooke, the second one is where Taylor hit Darla after drinking and driving. If you notice after Taylor hit Darla, Darla looks up at Taylor and Taylor hits the gas and it knocks Darla off the car. Taylor may had never meant to harm Darla, but the fact is she made a choice to drink and drive and that was not an ACCIDENT. Taylor not only killed Darla, she hid the fact from Darla's husband Thorne. She didnt tell him the truth until after they were engaged.

Taylors first car accident while drinking

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIMaiorsLEI

Taylors second car accident while drinking

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnp4vHtAns&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Notice she hits the gas after darla looks at her after she hit her..

fla_beach_bunny

Postby fla_beach_bunny » Wed May 01, 2013 11:49 am

A person got behind the wheel who had been drinking and was on a suspended license for DWI. There was a car on the side of the road with someone changing the tire. Most people move over a bit when they see that. Did X see the car even a split second before? Would they have moved over with reaction time being impaired? If they didn't, would they have if they hadn't been drinking and emotionally upset?

Great Post!! There is no pass or excuse for getting behind the wheel drunk.

Nicoletta

Postby Nicoletta » Wed May 01, 2013 1:04 pm

Quote SteffyFan01: Everyone is missing the point! She's not excusing Taylor at all she's disputing the argument that she hit Darla because she was drunk! A lot of people like to say she hit Darla because she was drinking...that's not the case! Had Taylor or any other individual been driving that night drunk or not when Darla fell into the road she would have been killed!!! Were disputing the argument that Taylor's drunk driving is what caused the accident, it wasn't...she didn't swerve off of the road Darla fell into the road! No one is exscusing drriving while drinking! The accident was inevitable!!!

Thank-you Steffyfan.

Nicoletta

Postby Nicoletta » Wed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Quote SteffyFan01: Drunk or not it couldn't have been helped! Yes Taylor is guilty of drinking and driving no doubt but that is not what caused the accident. Her reaction time wasn't slower or anything....if I'm not mistaken it went to court and the evidence proved that no matter what it was inevitable and Taylor's drinking didn't have a thing to do with it! Should she have drove drunk of course not but if she was SOBER it would have happened!

Good post.

savannahlady

Postby savannahlady » Wed May 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Of course it was an accident but would have it been prevented if Taylor had been completly sober? Drinking slows reaction time so maybe...but the reality is that whether is was a preventable accident or no Taylor hid her involvement for months and even got her teenage daughter to keep her secret. She also let her guilt move her to start a relationship with the grieving husband without telling him that she was the hit and run driver they were looking for.

Brenna3

Postby Brenna3 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Quote Nicoletta:
Quote SteffyFan01: Drunk or not it couldn't have been helped! Yes Taylor is guilty of drinking and driving no doubt but that is not what caused the accident. Her reaction time wasn't slower or anything....if I'm not mistaken it went to court and the evidence proved that no matter what it was inevitable and Taylor's drinking didn't have a thing to do with it! Should she have drove drunk of course not but if she was SOBER it would have happened!

Good post.

I don't condone drinking and driving and would not leave the scene of an accident or drink and drive but I will admit if my son called me in the same situation as Taylor's daughter evey protective part of me would over ride everything. I hope I would call the police to take care of it and trust they would and he would be safe but I'm over protective and the worse possible fear is something happening to a child. I hope I'm never in that situation because one glass of wine a couple of times a year is pretty much it for me but you never know what will happen or what choice you would make in someone else's shoes. We can do all the maybe if she hadnot driven Darla would be alive but maybe if she hadnot driven her daughter would have died on that road. That is the choice she made and she was guilty of drinking and driving on a suspended license. We don't know if Darla would have died if it had been someone else or not.

Tripin47

Postby Tripin47 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm

The ACCIDENT was proven, there was no malicious intent, no premeditated act.....all this was, was a MOTHER hearing her daughter scream in the phone on the side of a dark road alone....... WHO knows how they would have reacted at the SECOND...what do MOST mother's do???? Wouldn't that be enough to SOBER any mother up from a few glasses of wine????

I dont' condone the drinking and drive.....but I understand why she left that house that night, was it the best ideal, NO, but who thinks clearly as their daughter is screaming???? Consider the entire situation before being so harsh, sometimes at least the circumstances can be understood....

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”