Susan Flannery's illness

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
daisy671

Susan Flannery's illness

Postby daisy671 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:18 am

I just came across this information from Linda Hirsch at
http://www.creators.com/lifestylefeatures/lynda-hirsch-on-soaps/lynda-hirsch-on-soaps-gossip-2007-09-22.html

This is the jist of the article by Linda Hirsch:

"Bold and Beautiful's" Susan Flannery (Stephanie) has asked the show for a medical leave of absence. Flannery has been suffering with fibromyalgia. The condition (we know of what we speak) comes and goes and comes and goes — like a bad relationship.

The interconnective tissue ailment is not fatal but has numerous debilitating symptoms. At its worst, "sleep" becomes the sufferers one and only hobby. Every muscle in your body aches, and even gripping a steering wheel or trying to applaud becomes an Olympic event.

B&B has granted Flannery's request. Her flare-up has come at an essential time in her character's storyline. Recasting Flannery even for a few episodes is not an option. So until Flannery returns, B&B will be Stephanie-light. Remember, it is a soap — so Stephanie can always do her evil behind the curtain.

BaileyBaby

Re: Susan Flannery's illness

Postby BaileyBaby » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:08 am

Quote daisy671: I just came across this information from Linda Hirsch at
www.creators.com/lifestylefeatures/lynda-hirsch-on-soaps/lynda-hirsch-on-soaps-gossip-2007-09-22.html

This is the jist of the article by Linda Hirsch:

"Bold and Beautiful's" Susan Flannery (Stephanie) has asked the show for a medical leave of absence. Flannery has been suffering with fibromyalgia. The condition (we know of what we speak) comes and goes and comes and goes — like a bad relationship.

The interconnective tissue ailment is not fatal but has numerous debilitating symptoms. At its worst, "sleep" becomes the sufferers one and only hobby. Every muscle in your body aches, and even gripping a steering wheel or trying to applaud becomes an Olympic event.

B&B has granted Flannery's request. Her flare-up has come at an essential time in her character's storyline. Recasting Flannery even for a few episodes is not an option. So until Flannery returns, B&B will be Stephanie-light. Remember, it is a soap — so Stephanie can always do her evil behind the curtain.

My Heart goes out to Susan. I too have suffered w/ this illness for many years. It is not easy & keeping up w/ the schedule of as famous an actress as she is the demands must be hard. Have a well earned rest Susan, you deserve it ! !

mdtuttle

Postby mdtuttle » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:04 am

LEt's all keep Miss Flannery in our prayers and hope she gets well soon. Her presence, however brief will be missed.

Candace

Postby Candace » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:19 am

TPTB have told me directly that Susan is back on set taping as of this week and will first be seen on October 19th!

We wish Susan the best of health and look forward to seeing her first scenes next month!

Windflower

Postby Windflower » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:38 am

I hope the best for her. That is a painful condition, it is a lot like lupus in the way it seems to come and go and is so hard to diagnose.
I love her character on the show she is like no other, I am pretty upset with her though.
She has always been a very good actor even before she came to B&B. Better spice things up a bit or it should get pretty boring without her.
Stephanie plays her perfect heinous!

Revasfan

Postby Revasfan » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:13 am

Oh my, best wishes. I'd die without my Stephanie!!!

evenunley

Postby evenunley » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:36 am

Stephanie is my favorite and Susan is such a wonderful person. My prayers are with you. Please feel better soon and come back to make life miserable for the Logan sisters and put glee in my eye and joy in my heart!

SMOOCHES!!!!!!!

athena w

Postby athena w » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:38 pm

Although Susan Flannery's character is ridiculed for the part she plays, she is a great actress and does a great job. I suffer for severe acute fibromyalgia and can truly say Stephanie deserves our prayers and praise for returning so soon. There is no cure for fibromyalgia but it is not life threating. It causes severe muscle pain, problems with sleep, extreme fatigue, and headaches. It can cause irritable bowel,tmj, and pressure points all over the body that hurt.....

jsum

Postby jsum » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:12 pm

Quote Candace, B&B Editor: TPTB have told me directly that Susan is back on set taping as of this week and will first be seen on October 19th!

October 19th????? Man, that is a LONG time without Stephanie. I was hoping that they would reshoot some scenes to fit her back in earlier.

I hope the "scrambled eggs" storyline with Taylor and Nick doesn't move front and center.

PLC02

Postby PLC02 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:55 pm

Quote Revasfan: Oh my, best wishes. I'd die without my Stephanie!!!

She got to get well and come back and kick Eric in the hind end! ~)

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”