" A. Beacon. of. Light."

B&B addicts! Come read and post with other fans!
FlyerMCRS

Re:

Postby FlyerMCRS » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Quote talk: How did this thread turn into a for the birds thread?
I love birds but if I want a discussion on birds I will start a thread about them.

Huh?? 8) You were the one who brought up the BIRD nasty landing on Steffy!! (see above)
I simply followed your lead! :D

SoapToNut

Re:

Postby SoapToNut » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Quote talk:
Quote FlyerMCRS:
Quote grandpadanucci:
Quote FlyerMCRS:
Quote talk:
Quote Izitjo: If shes the beacon this ship is doomed to crash on the rocks.

If I remember right, that was Stef that ended up on the rocks. In Italy. Right over s cliff into the water and
onto the rocks at shore. Oh, yes, a bird flew over and did the nasty on Stef, also.
That was such a funny epi.

Not so, not so at all!! :D
Bird Droppings Land On your person have long known to be a major sign of wealth coming from heaven. In fact, most things associated with birds tend to spell good fortune, such as when birds fly to your home and start making nests in and around your house. While bats bring abundance, birds bring good news and opportunities!! Birds are also said to be powerful protectors and guardians. Even crows are said to be messengers of the Gods. So we should always welcome birds with open arms as they are BEACONS of LIGHT! :))
hmmmm..it looks like even Bird Nasties have far more power and recognition than Hope! :-) :-)

The craziest thing I have heard in my life! In that case I will live outside a bird sanctuary! LOL

It goes back to Greek culture...if you think Greek culture is crazy, well, that's your opinion!!
Personally I'll go with Greek culture before I'll go with a fictional BREACON adulteress being a beacon of anything! :D

I don't think greek culture is crasy, just steeped in religious connotations & religion is not a topic that plays well on mb's because not everyone has the same religion & gets offended when their religion is discounted.
If you don't believe me, have a talk w/ fortaylor about it.
Lets' all keep our religion or lack thereof inside of us & post appropriately.

I tried to find the word brecon in my dictionary. It is not there. It is a non-word.

ARE you kidding me????
Ancient Greek Mythology and all are studied in philopshy classes and history classes and art classes and The Classic.
It is not religious based study. Particularly since the Greek Gods have not been worshipped for a few thousands years now.
For the record it was a Hope Fan that brought in the birds.

FlyerMCRS

Re:

Postby FlyerMCRS » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:09 pm

Quote talk:
Quote FlyerMCRS:
Quote grandpadanucci:
Quote FlyerMCRS:
Quote talk:

If I remember right, that was Stef that ended up on the rocks. In Italy. Right over s cliff into the water and
onto the rocks at shore. Oh, yes, a bird flew over and did the nasty on Stef, also.

Bird Droppings Land On your person have long known to be a major sign of wealth coming from heaven. In fact, most things associated with birds tend to spell good fortune, such as when birds fly to your home and start making nests in and around your house. While bats bring abundance, birds bring good news and opportunities!! Birds are also said to be powerful protectors and guardians. Even crows are said to be messengers of the Gods. So we should always welcome birds with open arms as they are BEACONS of LIGHT! :))
hmmmm..it looks like even Bird Nasties have far more power and recognition than Hope! :-) :-)

The craziest thing I have heard in my life! In that case I will live outside a bird sanctuary! LOL

It goes back to Greek culture...if you think Greek culture is crazy, well, that's your opinion!!
Personally I'll go with Greek culture before I'll go with a fictional BREACON adulteress being a beacon of anything! :D

I don't think greek culture is crasy, just steeped in religious connotations & religion is not a topic that plays well on mb's because not everyone has the same religion & gets offended when their religion is discounted.
If you don't believe me, have a talk w/ fortaylor about it.
Lets' all keep our religion or lack thereof inside of us & post appropriately.

I tried to find the word brecon in my dictionary. It is not there. It is a non-word.

Excuse me.. 8) ....I never once mentioned RELIGION! ~) I made a reference to the origin of the bird nasty. That was it!
Please don't be inserting ''religion'' to someone's post, implying other poster did and then chastising them for something you initiated!

grandpadanucci

Re:

Postby grandpadanucci » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:16 pm

Quote SoapToNut:
Quote grandpadanucci:
Quote FlyerMCRS:
Quote talk:

Crows-
"In the Nordic mythology the Raven symbolizes wisdom. The God Odin had two Ravens called Hugin and Munin who flew around gathering news of happenings in the world, and sat on the God's shoulders telling him of what they had seen. The Greek God Apollo considered the Raven to be a sacred bird."

Source - www.thewonderofbirds.com/crow/mythology.htm

Bird Droppings - If a bird poops on you it's a sign of good luck.
Sources - forum.philosphy.com. wiki answers & yahoo answers.
In Britain it is a tradition to play the lottery or place a bet when a bird poops on you.

Further the fall into water is a common theme in literature of re-birth, re-juvenation and cleansing of past bad luck.

Guess Steffy IS The Beacon of Light!

With the bird fecal droppings on Steffy's head, I guess we can safely say she is the Beacon of Bird Droppings!

FlyerMCRS

Re:

Postby FlyerMCRS » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Quote grandpadanucci:
Quote SoapToNut:
Quote grandpadanucci:
Quote FlyerMCRS:
Quote talk:

Crows-
"In the Nordic mythology the Raven symbolizes wisdom. The God Odin had two Ravens called Hugin and Munin who flew around gathering news of happenings in the world, and sat on the God's shoulders telling him of what they had seen. The Greek God Apollo considered the Raven to be a sacred bird."

Source - www.thewonderofbirds.com/crow/mythology.htm

Bird Droppings - If a bird poops on you it's a sign of good luck.
Sources - forum.philosphy.com. wiki answers & yahoo answers.
In Britain it is a tradition to play the lottery or place a bet when a bird poops on you.

Further the fall into water is a common theme in literature of re-birth, re-juvenation and cleansing of past bad luck.

Guess Steffy IS The Beacon of Light!

With the bird fecal droppings on Steffy's head, I guess we can safely say she is the Beacon of Bird Droppings!

It also says that even the Birds feel that the BREACON of light is not worthy of their good fortune!! :-) :-) :-)

grandmarose

Re:

Postby grandmarose » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:48 pm

I love birds but if I want a discussion on birds I will start a thread about them.

Talk, so true, there are so many forms of superstitions based on Greek, Roman, and so many different forms of mythology, maybe someone can start a thread about what brings good luck, I think I would prefer a four leaf clover or maybe a horseshoe to bird poop but that's okay everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And not all birds bring good luck. As for falling into water I know that being cleansed with water is like a rebirth or rejuvenation, but I would think falling into water accidentally would be more of a sign of clumsiness, but I guess if you get wet however it maybe can be interpreted as a cleansing. But back to Hope I repeat myself, thank you for starting this thread and trying to keep in fun based :))

Jacee Wojo

Re:

Postby Jacee Wojo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Talk this is amazing. You have started a thread entitled A Beacon of Light and along the way have cited so many wonderful things of why you consider Hope a beacon of light. You have since added beautiful baby Wil and Stephanie to your list of people. I agree with all you have said along the way to defend your thread of why Hope is your beacon of light as well as baby Wil and Stephanie. Now this thread has turned into a discussion of birds and bird pooping and why this means Steffy should be the beacon of light. I find it rather funny that this is the best that they can come up with to defend Steffy. This is all there is to Steffy. Birds pooping on her makes her better than Hope. I find that so comical. I am LMAO!!! Who knew that was all there was to this girl now. She has been reduced to bird poop.

:D :D :D :D :D

FlyerMCRS

Re:

Postby FlyerMCRS » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Quote grandmarose:

Talk, so true, there are so many forms of superstitions based on Greek, Roman, and so many different forms of mythology, maybe someone can start a thread about what brings good luck, I think I would prefer a four leaf clover or maybe a horseshoe to bird poop but that's okay everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And not all birds bring good luck. As for falling into water I know that being cleansed with water is like a rebirth or rejuvenation, but I would think falling into water accidentally would be more of a sign of clumsiness, but I guess if you get wet however it maybe can be interpreted as a cleansing. But back to Hope I repeat myself, thank you for starting this thread and trying to keep in fun based :))

Seems to me that culture, mythology, symbolism and superstition fits in rightly fine in a thread that seems to suggest that a FICTIONAL teen-aged adulteress who came from the secretive darkness of an ugly act of parental betrayal be regarded as some icon of inspiration! :-) :-) :-)
While Fictional Hope may a ''beacon of light'' to some, others prefer REAL bird poop as their beacon of good fortune! :D

Smiley77

Re:

Postby Smiley77 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Quote FlyerMCRS:
Quote grandmarose:

Seems to me that culture, mythology, symbolism and superstition fits in rightly fine in a thread that seems to suggest that a FICTIONAL teen-aged adulteress who came from the secretive darkness of an ugly act of parental betrayal be regarded as some icon of inspiration! :-) :-) :-)
While Fictional Hope may a ''beacon of light'' to some, others prefer REAL bird poop as their beacon of good fortune! :D

So now you feel because Brooke and Deacon had an affair and Hope came of it that this is a stain on Hope?? Who had no choice in the matter. I suppose children of murderers and children of child molesters, or products of molestation are also damaged in your eyes ~) ~) ~)

And the myth about birds and bird poop is wrong. I have birds and bird nests all around my house, that poop on my car daily, and it hasn't stopped my car from breaking down on occasion, nor has a bird nest outside of my front door brought anything great my way except for bird poop on the balcony that I then have to clean.

grandmarose

Re:

Postby grandmarose » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:18 pm

Quote Jacee Wojo:

Talk this is amazing. You have started a thread entitled A Beacon of Light and along the way have cited so many wonderful things of why you consider Hope a beacon of light. You have since added beautiful baby Wil and Stephanie to your list of people. I agree with all you have said along the way to defend your thread of why Hope is your beacon of light as well as baby Wil and Stephanie. Now this thread has turned into a discussion of birds and bird pooping and why this means Steffy should be the beacon of light. I find it rather funny that this is the best that they can come up with to defend Steffy. This is all there is to Steffy. Birds pooping on her makes her better than Hope. I find that so comical. I am LMAO!!! Who knew that was all there was to this girl now. She has been reduced to bird poop.

:D :D :D :D :D

Great post Jacee :)

Return to “The Bold and the Beautiful”