PLEASE do not let Sharon be pregnant. Please respond only if you agree

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
new life

Re: PLEASE do not let Sharon be pregnant. Please respond only if you agree

Postby new life » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:42 pm

No! Nick and Sharon baby.They are all still to confused about family and love that it would be a big mistake.

Lilamoor

Postby Lilamoor » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:49 pm

I thought only nonbash threads were to be onesided. A thread like this is imo just asking to be infaltrated. It is imo kinda pizzifying to be told how one is allowed to respond in a supposedly open forum.
Since I would love to see Sharon pregnant with Nick's child, and baby Faith born, I guess I better not respond in this thread. :-)

Please see the thread at the very top of the board that was posted by Admin regarding Phick VS Shick.

Touched

Postby Touched » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:02 pm

Quote shebop:
Quote Tara: How was Phyllis being pregnant a trap that got her Nick? I guess I would have to say that first of all - she didn't 'plan' the pregnancy...I believe it was an accident. Secondly, she did 'offer' to raise the baby alone. However you want to spin this - IF she hadn't gotten pregnant, Nick would have stayed with Sharon and there wouldn't be any Phick. Nick, as a matter of fact, wanted to stay with Sharon at that time - it was Sharon who pushed him away because of Phyllis's pregnancy....so I guess the point I was trying to make was that the only reason Phyllis ended up with Nick in the first place was because she got pregnant. It wasn't 'her' trapping him that time...but she is sure using Summer now to guilt the man into staying with her. I find that appauling and a low blow - especially since Sharon never played that game (with Noah) when she was the wife who was being cheated on.
That is the point I was trying to make by stating that Sharon won't need an unplanned pregnancy to make Nick choose her over Phyllis.

BRad was right, Sharon decided to end the marriage when it became CLEAR to her that Nick loved Phyllis and was only staying with out of obligation. Phyllis NEVER asked Nick to leave his family for her. In fact, she told Nick she did NOT want him involved with the baby at all. Sharon urged Nick to stay away from Phyllis because Jack loved her and the baby could bring them back together even though Jack wasnt the father. The video clips are from June 2006 through August 2006 at Of the Moment.com and youtube.

Where in the world did you watch that episode? I can't imagine Sharon saying that Jack and Phyllis could raise the baby. You must be confusing it with the episode where Cassie is showing Nick what it should have been like! Sharon said she couldn't deal with Phyllis constantly in their lives and she would be there because of the baby. If you want, I can find video clips of Sharon and Nick having that discussion. This issue has been addressed before.

pfoster191

Postby pfoster191 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:06 pm

Quote erikad: I have to agree. I think that having Sharon pregnant is only going to add to the turmoil in her life right now. In addition, I hate that it would be a baby that was made while committing adultery. AND I absolutely have had enough of the "whose baby is it" drama. We already did that, let's go a new direction.

Amen and pass the biscuits!!!

Lilamoor

Postby Lilamoor » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Quote Touched:
Quote shebop:
Quote Tara: How was Phyllis being pregnant a trap that got her Nick? I guess I would have to say that first of all - she didn't 'plan' the pregnancy...I believe it was an accident. Secondly, she did 'offer' to raise the baby alone. However you want to spin this - IF she hadn't gotten pregnant, Nick would have stayed with Sharon and there wouldn't be any Phick. Nick, as a matter of fact, wanted to stay with Sharon at that time - it was Sharon who pushed him away because of Phyllis's pregnancy....so I guess the point I was trying to make was that the only reason Phyllis ended up with Nick in the first place was because she got pregnant. It wasn't 'her' trapping him that time...but she is sure using Summer now to guilt the man into staying with her. I find that appauling and a low blow - especially since Sharon never played that game (with Noah) when she was the wife who was being cheated on.
That is the point I was trying to make by stating that Sharon won't need an unplanned pregnancy to make Nick choose her over Phyllis.

BRad was right, Sharon decided to end the marriage when it became CLEAR to her that Nick loved Phyllis and was only staying with out of obligation. Phyllis NEVER asked Nick to leave his family for her. In fact, she told Nick she did NOT want him involved with the baby at all. Sharon urged Nick to stay away from Phyllis because Jack loved her and the baby could bring them back together even though Jack wasnt the father. The video clips are from June 2006 through August 2006 at Of the Moment.com and youtube.

Where in the world did you watch that episode? I can't imagine Sharon saying that Jack and Phyllis could raise the baby. You must be confusing it with the episode where Cassie is showing Nick what it should have been like! Sharon said she couldn't deal with Phyllis constantly in their lives and she would be there because of the baby. If you want, I can find video clips of Sharon and Nick having that discussion. This issue has been addressed before.

Phyllis did tell Nick that he could have nothing to do with the baby... this was at the time when Nick told her he was the father but was staying with Sharon.
When he told Sharon what Phyllis had said Sharon recognized that he could not live that way, and she ended the marriage.

Touched

Postby Touched » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:14 pm

Quote soapyshelly:
Quote Touched:
Quote soapyshelly:
Quote Touched:
Quote soapyshelly:
Quote Tara: I think its pretty obvious that Sharon wouldn't need to be pregnant just to snag Nick back...she is already the mother of his child - and she ALREADY has his heart! The pregnancy trap was the tool that Phyllis needed to get Nick away from his wife...it clearly won't be needed in this case.

ITA,her trap is the DEAD KID trap...

Why is it more preferable for Phyllis to be the pregnant mistress, than Sharon be the pregnant mistress?

Never said it was or wasnt. Although if you think about it logically....aside from the need for condoms in GC, Phyllis was under the understanding that she medically could not have children (hence the non use of birth control) then her situation isnt the same as Sharon who knows she is able to have children and therefore if she is pregnant then she 99.9% is likely to have not used birthcontrol...hence the pregnancy TRAP and reused/recycled boring storyline

Both women have had children so the possibility of either getting pregnant exists. Phyllis had an ectopic, which involved one tube, but since she had been trying to get pregnant, the doctor would have reconstructed the tube as much as possible with the possibility of getting pregnant! Phyllis needed meds to get pregnant. She had everything else, for her to assume that she could never get pregnant was quite stupid on her part! She should have taken precautions. Weren't Sharon and Jack trying to get pregnant, before Phyllis did her utmost to destroy that marriage? Sharon would have gone off birth control! It was not on her agenda to go back on immediately, but I don't think it was on her agenda to hop into bed with someone and we saw that when she turned down Brad. Nick coming up to the cabin was a fluke, when he should have been the responsible parent and stayed home!

Sharon has only been unfaithful twice! Once when Grace led her to believe Nick was having an affair and the other time when she found out Nick was having an affair. Why do say she is willing to share a bed with anybody? Phyllis has been quite the more promiscuous character having been married many more times than Sharon and having many more relationships than Sharon! Do you do it to validate Phyllis, to which I don't understand? Phyllis is one of the few female characters who can actually stand on her own two feet!

do you really want a response...I dont mind to be fair and open minded but dont just want to go backwards into another who is the worst person thing. I think that someone listed both of Sharon and Phyllis's partners once and they were equal but for me since Sharon has been married for the duration of her time on the show and most of her "connections" occured when she was married I have a problem with that... ;)

I know you are counting Cameron Kirsten and Matt Clark as "conquests" but rapists are not conquests by any known description in the western world! Matt and Sharon were dating but that was all when she fell in love with Nick. Matt was furious and raped Sharon. With Cameron, when someone beats the crap out of you and then has sex with you, that's generally know as rape! Then, of course there is Brad! Sharon has generally had her affairs as a result of Nick having an affair, not an excuse but I think Nick taught Sharon to be reactionary. If Phyllis wasn't reactionist before, being married to a pathological cheater will make her so! Nick is no good for Phyllis! As long as he remains a childish boy, he's no good for any woman!

bubble303

Postby bubble303 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Quote WatkinsLady:
Quote octoberbaby: no more whos the daay's storyline because according to spoilers ive read it might be billy, jack or nick's UGGHHHH!

My question is does nobody use birth control in GC? - LOL

What do you think?

Nope! LMAO

mdtuttle

Postby mdtuttle » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Quote lovelyinlavendar: Let's not go down the Sharon = pregnant path. Let me know if you agree.

God no!!! I can't say I really remember the last time shewas with Jack or if he would even be in the running to be the daddy. But please let's not have yet another child born with the question of who is the father hanging over it's head. Weren't Summer and Reid enough?

bubble303

Postby bubble303 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Quote HeyMonday: Well, in my opinion Sharon is a dirty piece of crap and any child spawned from her should be put down (aborted), for fear of future abandonment and relentless troubles. That woman should have been shot years ago, I would shoot her myself if I didn't have 3 mouths to feed.

Boy, I never thought I would hear from you again! Go away ~) ~)

LoveMeSomeYR

Postby LoveMeSomeYR » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:21 pm

Quote soapyshelly:
Quote Tara: I think its pretty obvious that Sharon wouldn't need to be pregnant just to snag Nick back...she is already the mother of his child - and she ALREADY has his heart! The pregnancy trap was the tool that Phyllis needed to get Nick away from his wife...it clearly won't be needed in this case.

ITA,her trap is the DEAD KID trap...

Hmm...I don't think she has a TRAP...she doesn't need one. She will always have Nick's heart. She sent Nick on his way AFTER Cassie died and he wanted to work things out with her and stay with her not Phylthy. He ended up with Chucky's Bride because Sharon didn't want him.

Back to the topic at hand - I hope she gets pregnant AFTER Phyllis goes crazy and gets sent to the psychiatric ward...lol....then she won't have to worry about being safe from harm's way...P is evil.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”