Who all thinks that Y&R should recast the role of Drucilla Barber Winters, if Victoria Rowell doesn't want her job back? And witch actress would you like see for the part and why?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
cherchezlefemme

Re: Who all thinks that Y&R should recast the role of Drucilla Barber Winters, if Victoria Rowell doesn't want her job back? And witch actress would you like see for the part and why?

Postby cherchezlefemme » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:32 am

I sooooo support this campaign! The character of Drucilla was as important as Nikki, Jill, or Lauren to this soap and yes, the role should be reprised.

Nubien

Re: Who all thinks that Y&R should recast the role of Drucilla Barber Winters, if Victoria Rowell doesn't want her job back? And witch actress would you like see for the part and why?

Postby Nubien » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:12 am

There can be only one Drucilla, and that is Victoria Ruel.

sutherngirl

Postby sutherngirl » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:28 am

If Victoria Rowell isn't playing the role, then they can leave Dru dead... >)

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:16 am

No! NO! No! They reduced Dru to a crazy(in a bad way)character that needed to be a nut house ~) I was embarrassed to watch 8) & now, with Olivia, I feel the same way!! This isnt the Olivia I knew. They would have been better off if they got another character to play the busybody >) >)

Sweet Patootie

Postby Sweet Patootie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:56 am

Jasmine Guy is a GREAT suggestion for an actress to play Drucilla.

HOWEVER,

I do not want to see Drucilla the nutball -- which is where the character was when she went over the cliff.

Spunky, strong, African American Drucilla is welcome back any time. Drucilla does NOT have to be played by Victoria Rowell, IMO. There are more African American actresses in the world than VR who can play this character.

Sweetpea76

Postby Sweetpea76 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:21 am

Quote pearlymarch: I don't want her back. Period. All she did is scream (and I got sick to death of her screaming), make scenes with other people, and complain. She ALWAYS had issues. I don't miss Dru at all. Stay dead, Dru.

I couldn't agree with you more!!! PLEASE NEVER LET HER COME BACK!

LovinBaldwin

Postby LovinBaldwin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:33 am

I agree..Only Victoria can play Dru..I loved watching her on screen..great actress!

greeneyes53

Postby greeneyes53 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:17 am

Quote pearlymarch: I don't want her back. Period. All she did is scream (and I got sick to death of her screaming), make scenes with other people, and complain. She ALWAYS had issues. I don't miss Dru at all. Stay dead, Dru.

I'm with you. Dru was the ultimate drama queen and men get tired of that, especially as they get older. Neil chose Karen because of her calmness and lack of drama. Having a crisis every other day gets real old real fast. And all this time I thought I was the only one who felt this way!!!

Lady53

Postby Lady53 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:12 pm

Quote greeneyes53:

I'm with you. Dru was the ultimate drama queen and men get tired of that, especially as they get older. Neil chose Karen because of her calmness and lack of drama. Having a crisis every other day gets real old real fast. And all this time I thought I was the only one who felt this way!!!

Neil choose Karen because there is no more Dru. If you remember when Carmen(who was a calm personality also) was after Neil, he was inticed by her and said so, that she was so much different than Dru but, even though Neil and Dru were having some issues at the time he realised he loved Dru because of who she was and that is why he fell in love with her in the first place and said as much to Carmen. That's also not to say he couldn't love someone like Carmen or Karen either if not for Dru.

paulsabato

Postby paulsabato » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:23 pm

Of course she will be back!
As soon as Neil and Karen are married, then Karen will probably get pregnant, and Dru will "surface"...

Return to “The Young and the Restless”